Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
With the caveat I’m open to taking them once the JLT opens up:

JHF - Just not sold until I see some match play. Absolute gun, but I can see cheaper rookies outscoring

Dunkley - On the radar, but not sure what Bevo is going to do and now has a fit Treloar and Bailey Smith swallowing up more midfield minutes

Lloyd - No beef, just waiting for him to drop in price.

Macrae - As above

Your popular pre-pre season jiltings?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I never say never, but the below players (from most popular to 10%) have spent either no time or very little time in my pre-season team thus far.

Will Kelly 42%
Rachelle 35%
Gould 31%
Preuss 31%
Dusty 28%
Crisp 27%
Rayner 27%
Gresham 25%
Duncan 24%
Taranto 20%
Ridley 19%
Maginness 18%
Stewart 17%
Sam Butler 16%
Milera 16%
Caldwell 16%
Touk 14%
D Stephens 13%
Bont 12%
Brodie 11%

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whitfield.

Not that cheap - less than a hundred thou less than the most expensive defender. Only 30k less than a Ridley or Short.

Injury prone. Will serve you a score in the teens when you least need it, and then get cheaper as that shitty score works its way through his rolling average like a rat through a snake. And then every kent will get on (and I might even be one of them).

Too versatile for his own good. When he has the lucrative roles he can go big, obviously, but I wouldn't be sure that he won't spend time at half-forward covering Greene and Daniels, because it's been done before. If Leon Cameron can eff you he will eff you, we all know that.

Y'all can have him

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whitfield.
Not that cheap - less than a hundred thou less than the most expensive defender. Only 30k less than a Ridley or Short.
Injury prone. Will serve you a score in the teens when you least need it, and then get cheaper as that shitty score works its way through his rolling average like a rat through a snake. And then every kent will get on (and I might even be one of them).

Too versatile for his own good. When he has the lucrative roles he can go big, obviously, but I wouldn't be sure that he won't spend time at half-forward covering Greene and Daniels, because it's been done before. If Leon Cameron can eff you he will eff you, we all know that.

Y'all can have him

Fun Fact: Whitfield's highest averaging season came when he was playing a half-forward role in 2019. (111.2 from 16 games) Although he was a SC Def that year, the following season 2020 he was a SC FWD/MID which indicates that he actually played 35%+ in the forward line in 2019.

mf.JPG

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Clayton Oliver is the big one for me, don't think I have ever started him in SC.

He scares me tbh, feel like one of these years he's gonna go 130+.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sicily. He's in 35% of teams. At $450k I haven't even given him a thought.

Just keep in mind that Sicily was 100% ready to resume playing in Rd17 last year (Early July) but was held back by Clarko because there was no reason to risk him for the sake of a slightly higher finish. For sub 450k he's a no brainer starting pick imo

Just keep in mind that Sicily was 100% ready to resume playing in Rd17 last year (Early July) but was held back by Clarko because there was no reason to risk him for the sake of a slightly higher finish. For sub 450k he's a no brainer starting pick imo
No concern that he'll get thrown forward occasionally? Hawks have so many half backs now.

If he's killing it and I need to get him, he won't go up too much starting at $450k.

What average are you expecting?

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I never say never, but the below players (from most popular to 10%) have spent either no time or very little time in my pre-season team thus far.

Will Kelly 42%
Rachelle 35%
Gould 31%
Preuss 31%
Dusty 28%
Crisp 27%
Rayner 27%
Gresham 25%
Duncan 24%
Taranto 20%
Ridley 19%
Maginness 18%
Stewart 17%
Sam Butler 16%
Milera 16%
Caldwell 16%
Touk 14%
D Stephens 13%
Bont 12%
Brodie 11%
Ridley is in and out of my team
Caldwell has been around my team

But no Touk or Bont. Other than competition for CBA etc they will be top 10 MIDs again this year, and both durable AF.

Can’t say I’ve given Berry or Coleman too much thought.

That could easily change but I don’t think Berry has been in a single team I’ve made so far.

Crisp, 570k for a bloke that's averaged 90 for like 150 games coming off a spike season at 28yo.
Don't get the appeal as a starting pick.

Rayner, I just don't see how anyone could think this is a good pick.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
With the caveat I’m open to taking them once the JLT opens up:

JHF - Just not sold until I see some match play. Absolute gun, but I can see cheaper rookies outscoring

Dunkley - On the radar, but not sure what Bevo is going to do and now has a fit Treloar and Bailey Smith swallowing up more midfield minutes

Lloyd - No beef, just waiting for him to drop in price.

Macrae - As above

Your popular pre-pre season jiltings?
You are in for a long wait on Lloyd and Macrae dropping in price.

Jhf definitely not sold, and I can see it with Dunkley but given the other options I'll him.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
No concern that he'll get thrown forward occasionally? Hawks have so many half backs now.

If he's killing it and I need to get him, he won't go up too much starting at $450k.

What average are you expecting?

I doubt he plays forward at all this year. Hawks have plenty of marking forwards. Lewis, Kosi, Lynch, Bigboy, Gunstan

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dunkley - not sure about his role. Can see him either being uber premo and average 115 or average 70-80.

Macrae - can afford him but going Laird. I'm f**king nuts.

Lloyd - I never start him for some reason. Crisp seems more juicy this year.

Gawn - not sure how Jackson will impact his scoring.

Oliver - I went with Petracca and will probably regret it but oh well.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
You are in for a long wait on Lloyd and Macrae dropping in price.

Jhf definitely not sold, and I can see it with Dunkley but given the other options I'll him.
I picked up Lloyd at $520k last year, Petracca around the same. SP’s don’t bust out 130’s every week.

Macrae will go 80-100 in a game and I’ll jump on a couple of weeks later.

I doubt he plays forward at all this year. Hawks have plenty of marking forwards. Lewis, Kosi, Lynch, Bigboy, Gunstan
Yeah fair enough, maybe I just forgot how good his intercepting was. I'll see how he goes in the preseason matches. I'd like nothing more than to take a cheaper player and save some $$$

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Ridley’s ownership has gone up a bit since the Hall news. Ryan was very frustrating for owners last year. His role changed week to week.
Looks like he scored average the second half of last year, but went 108 avg in 2020 and is generally a pretty good set and forget option in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back