Discussion Popular Players You Are Not Picking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Birchy I don't agree with this assessment. Past scoring is a far better predictor of future performance than changing clubs and possibly getting more midfield time. You are wildly optimistic about Hewitt.

To be a successful pick at those prices Hewett and Sicily have to be keepers. In Sicilys case there's a pretty good chance he will be. Yes other defenders might steal some of his ball or impact his role in which case it's not the best outcome. But on the basis of probability it's more likely he does average 100+ and work out well. Hewett on the other hand has little chance of averaging 95+. New club with new playing patterns and a new role leading to a significant increase on past performance. I just don't see it. At least that's what I think.

Inside Mid > Intercepting defender, generally.

I agree with your points in general, I just think Sicily is a pretty solid average pick and Hewett is high risk high reward IF he can get a favourable role as the defensive grunt midfielder which is the big question.

I’m not saying I’m picking Hewett but I think there a few things that people are overlooking which seems pretty obvious in what role he may have at the blues.

Ask yourself the following questions

• why did Carlton recruit him?
  • did they recruit him to play outside?

My view is that Hewett does not need to be a keeper at that price. Smart trading can counteract a risk such as him.

Aaron Hall because I don't trust his body.

Held this opinion all summer and wouldn't you know it...

Jake Lloyd

Not rd1 but see you soon

Jake Lloyd

Not rd1 but see you soon

Live scenes of Toxic at the beach today and the rest of us watching on:

bbc two beach GIF by BBC

Whitfield - I honestly think crisp and sicily are better than whitfield and sicily or whitfield and crisp. I don't see myself paying an extra 60k for whitfield over sicily, when I think sicily will rack up more points. Whitfield isnt a bad pick, just not for my team.

J.Short - As a richmond fan it can be hard to not be guided by one eyedness and go straight for one of my favourite players, but as good of a footy player he is, I dont think for his price he is a great pick. More reasonable price for jayden would be under 500k.

Ridley - He was good for his price, but after going up he is no longer cheap and easy points, crisp and sicily much better picks than ridley.

Rachele - While his draft profile was impressive, i already have horne francis, daicos and ward on my field, and 123k players on my bench. Not against this pick just not fit for me

Neale - Neale is a difficult one, because he does quite well in supercoach, but i dont just see him finding a way into my team for round 1

Hollands - Taking a chance on mcentee over hollands, still possibly picking up hollands, but i think he is overrated at 46 percent picked

Martin - I am always screwed over by dusty. When i pick him he has an average season, when i dont he has a great start to the season. Just not someone i would take, 500k for a player who doesnt average 100 seems quire fair but i would rather get a 600k premo who drops 120 consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF, priced too high, will probably be their number 1 mid in two weeks, will cop a tag or heavy attention, can't see him handling it too well.

Sicily, injuries and other players who play a similar role

Heeney and JDG, been burnt before

Trealor, butcher.

Martin I'm on the fence about.

He will average 95-100, but there are a couple of guys (Taranto, Treloar) who have higher ceilings and might prove to be better picks. I'm leaning towards Taranto - reckon he's due for an elite season, over the pre-season he's been playing the perfect role for him (80% mid then drifting forward) and is also OOC this year.

Nothing more than a gut feel, but I reckon he will explode.

Treloar is great value if he goes injury free, I don't trust him at all to get through a season unscathed.

Based on Coaches Choice percentage owned right now for players above 15%:
  • Hollands - ded
  • O'Driscoll - ded
  • Steele / Oliver - prioritized Macrae and Touk over them
  • W Kelly - potentially in subject to teams?
  • Sicily - question mark on role
  • Dusty - question mark on scoring ability / application
  • Crisp - too $$$ with regards to team balance / prioritizing Short
  • C Parker - ded
  • Berry - prioritized Rowell at M5 as a keeper
  • Heeney - last game forward didn't inspire confidence
  • Comben - ded
  • Skinner - ded
  • Tsitas - ded
  • Ridley - see Crisp
  • Taranto - forward role early rounds - better trade in?
  • Maginness - ded
  • Gresham - just about ded
  • Gould - ded
  • Gibcus - too $$$
  • Treloar - injury history scares and no Libba last game
  • Stewart - see Ridley / Crisp
  • Caldwell - see Treloar
  • Uwland - ded

Whitfield - I honestly think crisp and sicily are better than whitfield and sicily or whitfield and crisp. I don't see myself paying an extra 60k for whitfield over sicily, when I think sicily will rack up more points. Whitfield isnt a bad pick, just not for my team.

J.Short - As a richmond fan it can be hard to not be guided by one eyedness and go straight for one of my favourite players, but as good of a footy player he is, I dont think for his price he is a great pick. More reasonable price for jayden would be under 500k.

Ridley - He was good for his price, but after going up he is no longer cheap and easy points, crisp and sicily much better picks than ridley.

Rachele - While his draft profile was impressive, i already have horne francis, daicos and ward on my field, and 123k players on my bench. Not against this pick just not fit for me

Neale - Neale is a difficult one, because he does quite well in supercoach, but i dont just see him finding a way into my team for round 1

Hollands - Taking a chance on mcentee over hollands, still possibly picking up hollands, but i think he is overrated at 46 percent picked

Martin - I am always screwed over by dusty. When i pick him he has an average season, when i dont he has a great start to the season. Just not someone i would take, 500k for a player who doesnt average 100 seems quire fair but i would rather get a 600k premo who drops 120 consistently.
I have the money for rachele and currently have him on my bench in the forward line, along with mcentee, is he worth having on the bench or should I put in a cheeper player. I have the money to spare just wondering if he is worth it

I have the money for rachele and currently have him on my bench in the forward line, along with mcentee, is he worth having on the bench or should I put in a cheeper player. I have the money to spare just wondering if he is worth it
I don't understand this logic of not paying up on the pine
Sure, it means that you may be not prioritising your on field premo players
But you're investing this money into (supposedly) better rookies
I understand the implications of starting price v making a minimum $150k
but we are also forgetting that these players start with an inflated price tag
so trading down may mean that don't need to make that $150k from their starting price

Each to their own, but if you are happy with your on field choices, I wouldn't hesitate

Shut up Joe

who the hell you got in defence then? Caleb Daniel?

I hate leaving Steele and Seagull out, but it has to be done.

I'm not starting Steele either I think from the Top 5 he is the one who could drop his average a bit. Not by much maybe back to 120 and might be easier to get in later but I could also be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back