Travel Popular Travel Destinations & Holidays You Didn't Like

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Pamplona in 3014 and it sucked. Place smelt like piss and sh*t and vomit. Drunk people everywhere. Had a horrible Airbnb host - wouldn’t let us watch the World Cup final on her tv cos she hated football. Running of the bulls was meh, couple minutes of adrenaline. Not sure what I was expecting, but between San Sebastián and Barcelona, it was a couple of wasted days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wowsers you go there in a DeLorean? !?!?!

Went to Pamplona in 3014 and it sucked. Place smelt like piss and sh*t and vomit. Drunk people everywhere. Had a horrible Airbnb host - wouldn’t let us watch the World Cup final on her tv cos she hated football. Running of the bulls was meh, couple minutes of adrenaline. Not sure what I was expecting, but between San Sebastián and Barcelona, it was a couple of wasted days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time travel

Disney is a sh*t hole, unless you're under 12.
Its a "cultural" experience on par with any other man made structure.
I dont love it, but my wife does and I love that she does so I go along for the journey...its not about the rides, its about the vibe when your over 12.
In Japans one the crowd just loved it and that was nice to see

Islands of Adventure >>> disney. Any day. And cedar point but thats in Ohio
I was gutted the day I went to Cedar Pont and Dragster was shut due to winds all day.

I dont love it, but my wife does and I love that she does so I go along for the journey...its not about the rides, its about the vibe when your over 12.
Yeah definitely got that vibe from the adults I saw there. My kids loved it. The haunted hotel was kinda cool though.

I was gutted the day I went to Cedar Pont and Dragster was shut due to winds all day.

Yeah definitely got that vibe from the adults I saw there. My kids loved it. The haunted hotel was kinda cool though.
I like the fake Irish Pub/movie set kind of architecture ,ropes and brass lamps on poles, old barrels etc.
Pirates of the Caribbean ,Jungle Cruise

Yep ☹

Have done Stealth plenty of times though.
I was also sitting next to one of the most gorgeous guys ever. He called me over noticed i was on my own and the seat next to him was free. Total American jock type- we chatted sports while we waited 20 mins for them to probably fix the stupid ride.

I was also sitting next to one of the most gorgeous guys ever. He called me over noticed i was on my own and the seat next to him was free. Total American jock type- we chatted sports while we waited 20 mins for them to probably fix the stupid ride.
The joys of being a single rider. Rode shotgun with a hot German lady once. 😍
Her kids were sitting behind us though. 😒

The joys of being a single rider. Rode shotgun with a hot German lady once. 😍
Her kids were sitting behind us though. 😒

Damn yeh he was good. About 20 so way too young ha. Just genuinely nice- he didnt have to call me up. If not for him i probably would have missed out as it broke down again soon after. Was pretty amazing- the acceleration is just next level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Top Thrill Dragster, 0 to 60 mph happens in 1.2 seconds, and 0 to 120 mph in 2.8, at which point your cheeks—and every other piece of exposed skin—are flapping around, Biggest Loser style. That's when the coaster heads skyward, elevating riders to 420 feet, followed by a 90-degree plunge back to earth.

193 km/h are you ******* kidding?!?!!?!?!

Honestly most of my mates that have done the middle eastern countries (more Bosnia, Israel and Jordan than Syria) raved about them

I loved Bosnia. The train trip between Sarajevo and Mostar is stunning.

Is that the vibe of long lines and plastic crap everywhere.

I have never been a big fan of Paris. France, yes, especially some of the more regional areas and smaller cities. But besides the Eiffel Tower, Macaroons and ordering a Royale with cheese I have never really found the appeal. Nicer parks in other cities, nicer people in other cities, and less hawkers/shitheads in other cities in Europe.
Which other cities have nicer parks? paris is our goto place In europe with our kids because it has by far the best parks and so many of them. That is our main reason for going. That and the food. This is a genuine question because if there is one that is better I would love to know.

I think it's one of those self-fulfilling cities. It's really talked up especially amongst Aussies and as a result it's probably the first place people fly to from London and therefore it's associated with the buzz of a new continent. New York and London similar.

To me it just never delivered on this hardcore party vibe it's tossed up as having and during the day it's basically overrun with tourists. The attractions are okay and it's a nice enough town on its own, but it suffers from a lot of the major issues of other popular cities (hawkers, opportunists) without having enough of its own grace and fame actually coming through. You go to Paris and see the iconic landmarks but also the people dress like you'd expect and it has a sense of style and that smugness it's known for, you go to London and it's got those things... but in Barcelona you have to sort of go out a fair way to get a sense of the real people and the Catalan flags hanging and by then it's almost a depressing sort of working class area.

It wasn't Ibiza but it wasn't quaint, it wasn't dripping with trendy and cool, and it wasn't like... I dunno, it's just a weird city.

Spain is a nice place though but then again Italy and Portugal and sh*t are awesome and you could spend three months going to all these cities for four nights and drinking beers in city plazas and hanging on beaches. That's how I'd spend my next big trip.
Never been to barcelona. Everytime i research a trip there it looks clearly inferior to italy and france with no obvious upside other then it has a slight moroccan feel. But if i want moroccan feel i go to morocco. Not spain.

I have lived outside of Australia for so long and i was in Melbourne earlier this year, sorry but the place is a ******* dump. No nice beaches and expensive as **** ,Pretty dirty when compared with Stockholm for example and on top of that they dont say Melbourne weather for no reason. Public transport is a nightmare, it took us one hour to get to our destination in an overcrowded bus which should have taken 20 by bus.
Melbourne doesnt have nice beaches. Either does paris or rome or london. whats your point? No one goes to these places for a beach.

and who catches an effing bus in melbourne? Where the f*** were you staying? Some cheaper outer suburbs? anywhere that appeals to tourists is well connected with trams, trains and bike paths. I dont think you went to melbourne. I think you went to a crappy suburb no different to any crappy suburb in every other western city on the planet.

and complaining about melbourne weather while talking up stockholm? Melbourne doesnt freeze in winter and it has genuine hot days in summer. Stockholm has neither. They both have exactly the same average annual rainfall.

Typical moronic anti victorian post from a south australian with a bee in his bonnet.

Melbourne doesnt have nice beaches. Either does paris or rome or london. whats your point? No one goes to these places for a beach.

and who catches an effing bus in melbourne? Where the f*** were you staying? Some cheaper outer suburbs? anywhere that appeals to tourists is well connected with trams, trains and bike paths. I dont think you went to melbourne. I think you went to a crappy suburb no different to any crappy suburb in every other western city on the planet.

and complaining about melbourne weather while talking up stockholm? Melbourne doesnt freeze in winter and it has genuine hot days in summer. Stockholm has neither. They both have exactly the same average annual rainfall.

Typical moronic anti victorian post from a south australian with a bee in his bonnet.

Lol, touched a nerve i guess, another moronic victorian who thinks the s**t doesn't stink in that shithole of a city.

I dont think there is a place Ive visited that I didn't like. I find something great about every destination I've been too. There are always negatives to most places too but they never outshine the good. I think there's a part of me that is in awe wherever I go, just thinking 'wow never thought I'd visit this place'. Maybe my choices are good, for instance I wouldn't bother visiting Vegas as there would be far more American cities or states that I'd rather go to. Vegas would be right down the bottom, and I do like gambling.
there are only two definite cities worth visiting in the USA. New york and vegas with new orleans and washington dc a maybe depending on interests. none of the others are unique or interesting. ps. You dont go to vegas to gamble.

Lol, touched a nerve i guess, another moronic victorian who thinks the sh*t doesn't stink in that shithole of a city.
I responded with points. Where did you stay in melbourne and why did you need to catch a bus? The only buses that any tourist might catch is the airport link. And why are complaining about the beaches? Should i knock adelaide for the poor snow?

ps. Im not a victorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back