Travel Popular Travel Destinations & Holidays You Didn't Like

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason Id go to Melb anymore is too see my family. I used to go over for the footy but cbf doing that anymore for whatever reason Ive lost my interest in it. Other than family and footy Melb has the same basic stuff I can do here. Syd same except a harbour/bridge.

The only reason Id go to Melb anymore is too see my family. I used to go over for the footy but cbf doing that anymore for whatever reason Ive lost my interest in it. Other than family and footy Melb has the same basic stuff I can do here. Syd same except a harbour/bridge.
Andi feel the same about perth. Without the footy or family

Andi feel the same about perth. Without the footy or family
Apologies you are from SA. Yeah ive never been and dont really care if I dont go.
Yeah this isnt a personal attack. Just an opinion. I dont actually want to go anywhere for at least a few years.

Maybe one day see Latvia where my dad was from but thats about it.

I sometimes think Id love to go to port Douglas or somewhere and just lay around but then I think I can lay around here and save $1k

Yeah this isnt a personal attack. Just an opinion. I dont actually want to go anywhere for at least a few years.

Maybe one day see Latvia where my dad was from but thats about it.

I sometimes think Id love to go to port Douglas or somewhere and just lay around but then I think I can lay around here and save $1k
Yeah and mate im not having a go srs. Chill

And oh The river around the CBD is pretty gross, makes the Swan river look amazing in comparison
Oh come on the river doesn't look too bad here ;)
IMG_20200421_181112.jpg
Melbourne is ok. As I've gotten older I don't like the city as much as I used to. I'm more of a nature loving person and it's not a great place for that.

It does have a great restaurant and Cafe scene, if you like your sport then it is certainly a great place to live, good PT and great bike trails as well.

Oh come on the river doesn't look too bad here ;)
View attachment 1045575
Melbourne is ok. As I've gotten older I don't like the city as much as I used to. I'm more of a nature loving person and it's not a great place for that.

It does have a great restaurant and Cafe scene, if you like your sport then it is certainly a great place to live, good PT and great bike trails as well.

Agree, the cafe scene is fantastic, can't fault that. Being from Adelaide, i always enjoyed nature more though, the beaches, the surf, the sail, fishing and then great wine too. Anyway my post about Melb got nothing to do with the city itself being bad, to me since i left Australia, the population of Melbourne has grown by 800,000 and starting to resemble Sydney a bit. Roadworks everywhere, it has become unaffordable for most people to live.

the weather here is ****ed. , and it's all due to something called 'cyclonic gloom'. The bay traps hot air, clouds form, inland weather keeps the cloud in place. So, it can go three weeks of cloud during the winter months. Not good for the mental health. In summer is gets ******* hot (43) and winter is kinda pissweak at a low of 5/4, but the rain is what shits me. It never rains properly (rarely sometimes in summer due to extreme build up). It kinda drizzles, lightly, a lot!

There are great days, but they happen around half of the time as most other places. 83 days of full sunshine per year, compared with over double that in most other populated cities in Australia. Australia is a land of a deep blue open sky, but you miss out on that a lot because of this ******* cyclonic gloom weather system.

Yeah I think if I went to Melb again Id rather see Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula non CBD areas. Just see more country areas. I spent pretty much teens to mid 30s going to Melb CBD and areas and seen most of it so maybe its lost its zing.

Be good to go to some Murray river towns
No love for the GOR?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love for the GOR?
Oh yes. That too. Done that a few times thats why I left it out. Would love to explore the Otways (spelling?) national park.

oh man yes I hate the fact it never rains here in Adelaide. Id love a few more massive downpours a year

Oh yes. That too. Done that a few times thats why I left it out. Would love to explore the Otways (spelling?) national park.

oh man yes I hate the fact it never rains here in Adelaide. Id love a few more massive downpours a year
Yeah the Otways thats right. Can do treetops climb, abseiling and a zip line i believe. Apollo Bay is great- better than the busyness of Lorne- and plenty cafes etc.

The big tree... Mariners falls and lookout. . Koalas at Kennett river (thats where my mums from )

there are only two definite cities worth visiting in the USA. New york and vegas with new orleans and washington dc a maybe depending on interests. none of the others are unique or interesting. ps. You dont go to vegas to gamble.

My favourite city in the US after New York is Pittsburgh. I also liked Boston.

And what is so unique or interesting about those two cities?

Boston has a lot of historical buildings and sites.

Pittsburgh is very scenic and has a good vibe.

Come on people everyone knows Brisbane is the best capital city in Australia + Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and hinterlands an hour or so drive away.
View attachment 1046058

Give me North Queensland over SE Queensland any day. Townsville is a great city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back