Travel Popular Travel Destinations & Holidays You Didn't Like

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on people everyone knows Brisbane is the best capital city in Australia + Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and hinterlands an hour or so drive away.
View attachment 1046058
I laugh at people on the brisbane tourist buses as i see the expression on their face of utter boredom as they realise there is nothing to see or do of interest for tourists and they have stuffed up coming here.

I laugh at people on the brisbane tourist buses as i see the expression on their face of utter boredom as they realise there is nothing to see or do of interest for tourists and they have stuffed up coming here.
byjSajD.gif

I wouldn't say I hated Dubrovnik. It was very picturesque. But it was too crowded for my liking. I enjoyed Split, Zadar, Plitvice Lakes and Krka National Park much more than Dubrovnik.

I was on a tour from Cairns to Sydney (my tour ended at the Gold Coast tho). We stopped in Brisbane for about 3-4 hours.

Yeah 3-4 hours too long. Should have driven straight on through

Yeah I think if I went to Melb again Id rather see Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula non CBD areas. Just see more country areas. I spent pretty much teens to mid 30s going to Melb CBD and areas and seen most of it so maybe its lost its zing.

Be good to go to some Murray river towns

I am from the Yarra Valley area and lived around the Murray a bit as a kid. I did enjoy the city in my teens and 20's but, yeah, as I get older I prefer the country a bit more with the occasional city visit. Where I live (Vancouver), I've probably only been in to the city 3-4 times in the past couple of years. I'd much prefer to be in these surrounding mountains.

1611857097059.png

I actually can't think of many destinations that I hated. Sydney was a bit meh but I kind of explored the city aimlessly and sure I missed good things. Byron Bay is way too touristy and there are better places nearby.

I liked some of the posts on underrated US cities. I enjoyed Denver/Boulder and Minneapolis.

I am from the Yarra Valley area and lived around the Murray a bit as a kid. I did enjoy the city in my teens and 20's but, yeah, as I get older I prefer the country a bit more with the occasional city visit. Where I live (Vancouver), I've probably only been in to the city 3-4 times in the past couple of years. I'd much prefer to be in these surrounding mountains.

View attachment 1047489

I actually can't think of many destinations that I hated. Sydney was a bit meh but I kind of explored the city aimlessly and sure I missed good things. Byron Bay is way too touristy and there are better places nearby.

I liked some of the posts on underrated US cities. I enjoyed Denver/Boulder and Minneapolis.
Forgot about Denver. Great town

San Deigo as well, even just for the great mexican food you could get everywhere.

I've only really driven through San Diego. Heard good things though. I was thinking of doing a quick cruise down there a couple of years ago but never managed. I'll do a drive right down the US west coast eventually.

Yeah I think if I went to Melb again Id rather see Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula non CBD areas. Just see more country areas. I spent pretty much teens to mid 30s going to Melb CBD and areas and seen most of it so maybe its lost its zing.

Be good to go to some Murray river towns

THats just age - i reckon most people want to quieter, relaxed places more as they get older. I enjoy taking the kids to the city because they get a kick out of it but other than that you can stick it. Give me the beaches, rivers, country towns any day of the week.

Moamo/Echuca is a great spot for the Murray river towns - well we enjoyed it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only really driven through San Diego. Heard good things though. I was thinking of doing a quick cruise down there a couple of years ago but never managed. I'll do a drive right down the US west coast eventually.

Well we went from arriving in LA - couple of nights and then down to San Diego - it shat on LA........not surprisingly

NY, New Orleans,SF, LV and Santa Fe

No love for Boston I thought I would like it spent a few days there and meh

my uncle told me the funniest story about New Orleans the other day. They did a massive road trip across the states- anyway one of them booked the motel in NO. And she was being quite frugal, thinking "ah yeah this place will do, its quite cheap"... and they get there, and they're like Chevvy Chase in National Lampoons lost in St Louis Kram like fair dinkum 100% out of place, hookers, druggies, drug dealers all around :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Omfg was pissing myself.

They didnt even check in i dont think, they just got the hell out of there.

my uncle told me the funniest story about New Orleans the other day. They did a massive road trip across the states- anyway one of them booked the motel in NO. And she was being quite frugal, thinking "ah yeah this place will do, its quite cheap"... and they get there, and they're like Chevvy Chase in National Lampoons lost in St Louis Kram like fair dinkum 100% out of place, hookers, druggies, drug dealers all around :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Omfg was pissing myself.

They didnt even check in i dont think, they just got the hell out of there.
I think we stayed there too

I wouldn't say I hated Dubrovnik. It was very picturesque. But it was too crowded for my liking. I enjoyed Split, Zadar, Plitvice Lakes and Krka National Park much more than Dubrovnik.
It comes down to luck I find.
I did a coach tour from Vienna to Dubrovnik (highlights being Sarajevo, Split and Zagreb) And I found Dubrovnik came down to luck.

We did 3 days there I think it was.
And the first 2 days was exactly what you describe. However, the 3rd day it was alot quieter. The difference? Drastically less cruise ships in port.
If you're in that area and wanted to see Dubrovnik. My first recommendation is to check the cruise schedule.

Would probably be ****ing amazing right now tbh.

ps. Those crowds would've made 1 event a whole lot better too though. Everyone on the streets to watch Croatia vs Russia in the quarter finals of the world cup. That was a magical experience. Being in Croatia for the Rd of 16 and quarter finals. (Was in Greece for the Semi Final. And I could only watch the first half of the final at doha airport and missed the second half as I flew)

pps. What time of the day did you do Plitvice Lakes? I got there around lunch and it was alot more crowded for Dubrovnik for me

Most cities in the world I visit I seem to enjoy.

The few that stand outs I didnt enjoy.
1) New York City - Yes, it has everything. But it's also extremely crowded, and the few things which are unique to the city are overpriced. I get some people love that atmosphere. But by God, that's not for me (Probably why I love places like Adelaide, Boston, Boise etc.) Though, my finances are better now than when I went in 2014, so who knows, I might be able to afford those unique experiences and enjoy the city more.

2) Melbourne - With the exception of sport, give me 1 reason it's better than any city of 1M+ in this country. I can't think of one. Since I left Victoria 25 years ago, I've only ever gone back to the city for 4 reasons. 1) Sport, 2) Theatre, 3) Transit at the airport, 4) A trip to catch up with some BigFooty folk for the Super Bowl. It's dreary, miserable, stressful, high cost of living. Take out the sport factor, it is easily the worst mainland capital city in my opinion. And yes, Sydney has the negatives of Melbourne, but it has a lot more positives.

I wonder if this link works and you can see what I've done
Member Profile - Tripadvisor

pps. What time of the day did you do Plitvice Lakes? I got there around lunch and it was alot more crowded for Dubrovnik for me

Mid morning. There were a few there but definitely not crowded.

1) New York City - Yes, it has everything. But it's also extremely crowded, and the few things which are unique to the city are overpriced. I get some people love that atmosphere. But by God, that's not for me (Probably why I love places like Adelaide, Boston, Boise etc.) Though, my finances are better now than when I went in 2014, so who knows, I might be able to afford those unique experiences and enjoy the city more.

2) Melbourne - With the exception of sport, give me 1 reason it's better than any city of 1M+ in this country. I can't think of one. Since I left Victoria 25 years ago, I've only ever gone back to the city for 4 reasons. 1) Sport, 2) Theatre, 3) Transit at the airport, 4) A trip to catch up with some BigFooty folk for the Super Bowl. It's dreary, miserable, stressful, high cost of living. Take out the sport factor, it is easily the worst mainland capital city in my opinion. And yes, Sydney has the negatives of Melbourne, but it has a lot more positives.

Interesting map. Apart from Africa which I've never been to mine would look pretty similar.

Glad you loved Yekaterinburg and St. Petersburg. My two favourite cities on earth.

How could you not love Bled?

Interesting map. Apart from Africa which I've never been to mine would look pretty similar.

Glad you loved Yekaterinburg and St. Petersburg. My two favourite cities on earth.

How could you not love Bled?
Gloomy overcast day.

Same as Lake Baikal (but what do you expect in December there)

Will go back to both in summer for hopefully better weather (though, I did Bled in summer, and still got the s**t weather)

I don't live in the CBD but from spending time in Melbourne CBD and Sydney CBD I much prefer Melbourne, Sydney gives off the same vibe as London and New York to me and both those places can * right off

Of course I much prefer not living in the city itself.

there are only two definite cities worth visiting in the USA. New york and vegas with new orleans and washington dc a maybe depending on interests. none of the others are unique or interesting. ps. You dont go to vegas to gamble.
Austin is a brilliant place to go.

Miami is awful (stopover only thankfully)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back