Review Porf vs. Nort

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw the post game with Brad and also Ollie. I must admit I thought their lack of care or acceptance for the come back was poor.

Ebert admitted we do it but we won hey, Ollie alluded to the same. I do feel this acceptance is part of our problem, there is a real lack of killer hunger.

Ye
I think he's upped his explosiveness and work in traffic which has allowed him to burst through to the outside a lot more than he did in 2017.

He just seems to find his way through congestion to positions where he can deliver long into the forward line. I definitely didn't think of him as a metres gained type of player until this year where he just seems to repeatedly will us forward at speed.
yep I like the way he finds his way out the front of the pack and straight towards goal rather than out the back and have to do the big arc before heading goalward .
Don’t like a Bonner heading out the back of the pack either . Only a Rozee can do that if he has to because he’s got the pace and skill

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you didn't see one of these posts in the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your mid (inside + wings) at centre bounces.

Overall Summary - 27 Bounces

Duursma 24 wing
Rockliff 19
Drew 19 (12w, 7i)
Wines 19
Westhoff 14 wing
Boak 13
SPP 9
R.Gray 8
Ebert 5 (3i, 2w)
S.Gray 3
Rozee 2 wing

Rucks:

Lycett 17
Ryder 10

1st Half - 12

Duursma 11 wing
Westhoff 10 wing
Rockliff 8
Wines 7
Drew 7 (1w)
Boak 5
R.Gray 5
S.Gray 3
SPP 2
Rozee 2 wing

Lycett 10
Ryder 2

2nd Half - 15

Duursma 13 wing
Drew 12 (11w, 1i)
Wines 12
Rockliff 11
Boak 8
SPP 7
Ebert 5 (3i, 2w)
Westhoff 4 wing
R.Gray 3

Lycett 7
Ryder 8

Notes:

- 6 of Drew's 7 inside appearances were in the 1st term, he only had 1 stint in the 2nd (possibly luck related due to only 4 goals scored), before replacing Westhoff as a first choice winger for the 2nd half.

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you didn't see one of these posts in the 2nd half of last season, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your mid (inside + wings) at centre bounces.

Overall Summary - 27 Bounces

Duursma 24 wing
Rockliff 19
Drew 19 (12w, 7i)
Wines 19
Westhoff 14 wing
Boak 13
SPP 9
R.Gray 8
Ebert 5 (3i, 2w)
S.Gray 3
Rozee 2 wing

Rucks:

Lycett 17
Ryder 10

1st Half - 12

Duursma 11 wing
Westhoff 10 wing
Rockliff 8
Wines 7
Drew 7 (1w)
Boak 5
R.Gray 5
S.Gray 3
SPP 2
Rozee 2 wing

Lycett 10
Ryder 2

2nd Half - 15

Duursma 13 wing
Drew 12 (11w, 1i)
Wines 12
Rockliff 11
Boak 8
SPP 7
Ebert 5 (3i, 2w)
Westhoff 4 wing
R.Gray 3

Lycett 7
Ryder 8

Notes:

- 6 of Drew's 7 inside appearances were in the 1st term, he only had 1 stint in the 2nd (possibly luck related due to only 4 goals scored), before replacing Westhoff as a first choice winger for the 2nd half.
Thanks mate, I was doing something similar last week until I saw yours.

What is surprising is a] How SPP is being used so few times as a starting mid, and b] How much and consistently Duursma was used on the Wing, showing the huge faith coaches are putting in him... a first year player! Amazing!

Was watching the replay again.
Something I never noticed before. Rozee got a free kick against Pittard, way off the ball.
Now I know why Pittard got the shites. Previous to that, Pittard marked the ball and kicked to one of his players.
After Pittard kicked it, Rozee came along and dumped him on the ground. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back