Review Porf vs. Nort

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how this just turned into an OAK ad for the last 3 minutes, reckon they should be chucking us a few extra dollars for that.

Nah. Dangerfield is such a smug campaigner that I'd probably boo him if he played for Port.
Well set up by ports I reckon...suggested to 7 how about you have a chat to our attractive, well spoken female dietitian, oh and hey Bri, Bri, you look like an Oak choccy man, would you like something from this friggin enormous branded fridge?

Robbie Gray should be rested. If he isn’t we are not serious. Farrell is way sharper in front of goal.
You have to remember kern has No imagination unless the other coaches do some thinking for him it wont happen, kern has placed a concrete ceiling over this club and seeing development and unforced changes does not sit with someone like kern.

You have to remember kern has No imagination unless the other coaches do some thinking for him it wont happen, kern has placed a concrete ceiling over this club and seeing development and unforced changes does not sit with someone like kern.

All credit to North...

Unpopular opinion but I kind of enjoyed the game for the following reasons:

I never felt truly threatened. Every time north got the ball they just ****ed around with it. Watching Aaron Hall literally run around in circles before hoofing it was a highlight.

The theatre of Pittard and Polec was entertaining.

There was a number of great marks during the game.

It was more or less comfortable from start to finish.

Duursma and Rozee were great to watch.

North were going the biff and it added some fun and heat to the game.

Cunnington was an absolute beast to watch and I wish he was a Port player. He's such a 90s Magpie.

I walked away relatively disappointed with the scoreline but I felt like I enjoyed it enough for other reasons than the scoreboard.

It was more enjoyable than some of the other dross games we gent served and the weather held.

I’d love to see a West Cost slaughter however, I miss 2014

Watched the first half again just now, a few thoughts.

Bonner had a great first half, I remember him being horrible so his second half must've been pretty s**t but I can't say for sure. Amazing pass to Wines running off half back thru the centre bounce.

Drew's impact felt more important than I remembered as well. I reckon we are really benefiting from having another big bodied midfielder around, his impact has been down but I think we are a better midfield with him running around. Not sure I'd drop him for Amon now... Maybe for Atley or Trengove if they improve as I think we have the balance better than I'd thought.

Westhoff's second quarter was amazing, took 3 huge contested marks and looked dominant. He seems to have these quarters in him occasionally but needs the freedom to * off down the ground if he's not clunking them to have a consistent impact.

North were absolutely s**t in the second quarter as well, I suspect their second half was a lot better.

Also IMO Wines was better than was made out, Cunnington had the better of him later perhaps but man that guy is a dirty campaigner. Threw a few tummy punches Gray that I noticed, the elbow on Ebert was deliberate for sure.

Boak was also just incredible, he is running rings around players at stoppages in 2019. Just before half time he side-stepped Pittard as though he wasn't even there before kicking it out on the full. I don't think we can expect any improvement but I'm still in shock that he's moving this well again, I don't think I've seen him move that way since 2013!

For those saying Marshall had a bad game or are calling for him to be dropped, consider this: According to AFL Player Ratings, which rates the player's impact on the game, Marshall had his best performance of the season. Marshall's impact was in the top half of all players on the field last night. I didn't watch the game but having gone through the gameday thread and looking at the qtr by qtr break down in the image below, it's fairly obvious that North massively tighened up on Marshall in the second half, shutting him out of the game. That's something Marshall is going to have to learn to deal with and improve as he matures. He shouldn't be dropped because the opposition locked him down. If that was the standard, we'd be dropping our best players every time the opposition keeps them quiet.

Take note, Burton was in the bottom 5 players for the 3rd or 4th week running (and barely rated a mention in the gameday thread, expect when it appeared he was injured). Bonner lifted his impact though.

Also, in typical Ports fashion 2 North nobodies had career best games.

Marshall.jpg

Robbie lol. Plays the 2nd quarter and goes home.

it's fairly obvious that North massively tighened up on Marshall in the second half, shutting him out of the game. That's something Marshall is going to have to learn to deal with and improve as he matures. He shouldn't be dropped because the opposition locked him down. If that was the standard, we'd be dropping our best players every time the opposition keeps them quiet.

He got hammered off the ball, part of his learning curve. But he still kept presenting. At the moment I can not see him playing KPF, BUT he has to be played. He is good in the air & below his knees, good disposal.

Try doing it every week mate. It's an effort for a North fan.
A mate is a Kangas supporter & member of the club, he rang me Friday afternoon & said he was not going to go to the game. We met for a beer yesterday & discussed the game, I did say that they got back into the game in the last quarter, trying to make him feel better. The look on his face, I thought he was going to glass me..
He is shattered.

We go to the game every season in both Adelaide & Melbourne...Round 22 might be lonely...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate is a Kangas supporter & member of the club, he rang me Friday afternoon & said he was not going to go to the game. We met for a beer yesterday & discussed the game, I did say that they got back into the game in the last quarter, trying to make him feel better. The look on his face, I thought he was going to glass me..
He is shattered.

That's the reality of it with the majority of us over here. North supporters are virtually untrollable right now. If you wanted to stomp the coach, or the NMFC board, we would hold them down to help you do it, but only after we had finished, so there wouldn't be much left. As I pointed out on our board to one of your folks, it's been a long, tiring slog for us. The preparation of this 2019 team has been nothing short of a disgrace.

That's the reality of it with the majority of us over here. North supporters are virtually untrollable right now. If you wanted to stomp the coach, or the NMFC board, we would hold them down to help you do it, but only after we had finished, so there wouldn't be much left. As I pointed out on our board to one of your folks, it's been a long, tiring slog for us. The preparation of this 2019 team has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Sounds familiar ;)

Sounds familiar ;)

Yeah well, I dunno what you guys are doing either.

I wasn't impressed by your side, and that's saying something considering you blokes are sitting 5th and we are a car crash.

There's a fair bit of bulldogs 2016 about the way you are playing and I wouldn't think that best suits your list strengths.

A board in-joke. It was the club's response to members' and supporters' criticism after our finish last year. You can understand we weren't too impressed by it.

I see. We also cop weak crap like that on a regular basis. It's insulting.

My point is that Port can get away with Harlem Globetrotter trick shot footy against sides like us, but I wouldn't be too confident with how that pans out against most of the other sides in the top 8.

FWIW, I think your list IS good enough to contend, but not with that game plan.

One thing upon reflection of the game is that we were able to curb their momentum over the last 4 minutes of game time. They had all the run late in the last quarter but then we were able to kick it up a gear again and halt that, to kill the game off. I'm not impressed that we shut off in the last quarter like we did, but in years past I don't think we would've been able to hinder the momentum late in the game either.

We're not immune from having our fair share of knuckle headed supporters either. Those that thought it was a good idea to boo Dangerfield for his first time in Adelaide in Geelong colours are a good example.
You mean when people decided to boo Dangerfield after he put a late hit on Ebert. Because thats what happened. He wasn't booed before that.

I see. We also cop weak crap like that on a regular basis. It's insulting.

My point is that Port can get away with Harlem Globetrotter trick shot footy against sides like us, but I wouldn't be too confident with how that pans out against most of the other sides in the top 8.

FWIW, I think your list IS good enough to contend, but not with that game plan.
The worst part is... WE WERE COMPLAINING AT 11-4!

At 9-4, the criticism was very low, but our wins against Carlton and Saints were VERY underwhelming. People were unpleased around here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back