Club History Port 150 documentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when Weber and Boulton said getting into the AFL was too tough?

When Timmy and George said reunification was too tough?

Or when Haysman said improving our stadium deal was too tough?

Nah me either...

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

The two cases full of documents detailing our AFL bid in forensic detail, versus the A4 sheet written in crayon.

The past five years have felt too close to the latter for comfort.

I'll say it again but the 2004 grand final was an excellent game for 2.5 quarters. It is overlooked by history since the final margin isn't exciting, but that was the best teams playing the best football of the era for 66% of it. The stars didn't really star but the across the board contribution was incredible.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Koch popping in at the end to remind us that we don't have a women's team then some other drawing attention to making the community proud was Mass Effect 3 tier ending though. At least no Hinkley and his 'outsiders' remarks.

Totally agree!

I did like how a lot of people drew attention to how we were also very skillful sides with skillful players, as well as tough.

Many would have Australia believe that Ports success was built nothing but sheer thuggery and the ferals the stands.

You're absolutely on the mark. We were very skilled under Jack and Mark. Hinkley has over-emphasised the hard and tough aspect of Port with zilch skill but I believe somebody at the club has realised we had to start recruiting talent in the recent drafts. Now we need somebody to better our skill execution.

I love how he changes when he talks about Port winning culture. He seems a laid back easy going light hearted guy most of the time, but when that comes up, he gets serious. His eyes change. His demeanour changes. He's not joking and you'd be on thin ice to make a joke about it.

Compare that to Hinkley, have fun, someone has to lose, hahaha, Boaky Westy Robbie the boys good times, best win ever.

Yep. Tim is one of the most valuable assets to keep in the club.

Just watching the replay on 7HD right now — the events of 1990 and the SANFL.

Remember when we were going under 10 years ago and Rucci was writing gushing articles about ‘the kingmaker’ Gary Metcalf and the supposed clout of Kris Grant and Bohdan Jaworskyj?

rofl
Funny stuff then and now we realize Rooch was unfulfilled and bored, making up s**t like that

Hi there, anyone know how I can watch this in WA? the 7plus link doesnt seem to work for me, thoughts? very keen to watch this.

Hi there, anyone know how I can watch this in WA? the 7plus link doesnt seem to work for me, thoughts? very keen to watch this.
It was only up for 30 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have I watched it?! Isn't it on YouTube?
It was but it was taken down about 5-6 days after the private you tube account holder put it up and was told to take it down by the rights holder 57 Films.

Its on again tonight after the football in SA. Slated for 10pm SA time.

Should be able to watch at 7Plus, anywhere in Oz, usually as you get close to showtime an icon comes up and you click on that. See

or less general show icons at their sports page

Past history shows out international Big Footy posters don't get access unless they are smart enough to get around the geoblock or use a VPN.

Last edited:
They have no idea this side of the border of the significance of this football club - David Parkin

Any way to get a legal copy?
Not yet. If there is enough money to finish the second doco for the Adelaide Film Festival, I'm sure they will then sell both on DVD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back