Club History Port 150 documentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Ginever starts talking about Russell Ebert and he explains what a Russell Ebert Handball is,

"I think anybody of my era, growing up and barracking for
Port Adelaide, Russell was their hero. Everyone wanted
to be Russell Ebert 'cause he was ammmmmazing.

The ball control that he could have by hand and foot was
amazing.

When he'd walk around blokes like this,and then bang a
handball off, and then he invented this one,
where he raised above (his head) and whack it off over there.

We were all practicing that, you know kids are kids. They
just want to be like their idols. We just wanted to be
Russell Ebert. You know it was just so exciting, not only,
you know watching and admiring but then to get on the field
with him .

It sums up what I felt about him.

Last edited:

Mark Williams must be the most intense man in football.

Any slight against Port Adelaide is a personal affront.

Mark Williams must be the most intense man in football.

Any slight against Port Adelaide is a personal affront.
Or invent one.

And people say Michael Jordan was intense and driven after they watched The Last Dance as he took any slight against him or had to invent one to fire up. Even took it a personal slight when Karl Malone won the MVP and he had missed 3/4 of the NBA season playing baseball. They have never dealt with a Williams.

Last edited:
For our overseas based posters GremioPower, diegodcg, Lockhart Road, glitch01, Total Power ( please add in others you know are o's based that I have missed) you can watch or rewatch the doco on the phone app via the RAA exclusive link.

You have to click on Exclusive at the bottom of the screen. Although the 3 times I have tried to view it this morning the app has crashed. Maybe everyone is having a squiz, or my phone issues, rather than a technical issue. Anyway keep trying if it doesn't work the first time.

Graphic from the email this morning

1595039812584.png 1595040041315.png

Last edited:
For our overseas based posters GremioPower, diegodcg, Lockhart Road, glitch01, Total Power ( please add in others you know are o's based that I have missed) you can watch or rewatch the doco on the phone app via the RAA exclusive link.

You have to click on Exclusive at the bottom of the screen. Although the 3 times I have tried to view it this morning the app has crashed. Maybe everyone is having a squiz, or my phone issues, rather than a technical issue. Anyway keep trying if it doesn't work the first time.

View attachment 914302 View attachment 914306
I was checking my computer, and there is a video file named "Onward to Victory." I need to see if it's the movie...

I was checking my computer, and there is a video file named "Onward to Victory." I need to see if it's the movie...
I think I told you earlier in this thread or a PM how to download from youtube by typing in a SS at www.ssyoutube.com.......... and it takes you to a page you can download it for free and they hope you will download and pay for their sofware that allows you to download in HD high resolution quality.

If I did, you never confirmed if you tried to do it.

Someone put it up on youtube but it was taken down within 5 or 6 days by the rights holder.

Last edited:

Thanks REH.
Not sure if spookism has seen this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling to login, tried to "forget my password" but now not letting me login with the new one. Will try again later, definitely wanna watch this.

The Adelaide Film Festival in partnership with 57 Films and the Port Adelaide Football Club is set to launch the world premiere of feature length film THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE.

The film, which concludes the Adelaide Film Festival’s hugely successful 2020 program, will premiere across three celebratory days (Friday November 27 – Sunday November 29) at the Odeon Cinema, Semaphore.

The weekend kicks off with a Gala red carpet event on Friday November 27 with players past and present attending.

There are a further 11 screenings over the weekend, culminating in a Special Legends Screening at 6.45pm on Sunday November 29. Tim Ginever will host an introductory Q&A at the screening with Port Adelaide legends including Russell Ebert and Brian Cunningham.

Tickets are $25 or $20 for members of the Port Adelaide Football Club and Adelaide Film Festival.

Tickets are available to THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE at the following dates/times:

Saturday November 28

10am, 12 noon, 2.15pm, 4.30pm, 6.45pm, 9pm

Sunday November 29

10am, 12 noon, 2.15pm, 4.30pm, 6.45pm (Special Legends Screening)

Tickets are available here.

:(

Given the SA Heath and State Government announcement earlier today that South Australia will enter a minimum six-day lockdown from midnight tonight, the Adelaide Film Festival, 57 Films and the Port Adelaide Football Club have decided to postpone the premiere screenings of the film This Is Port Adelaide to ensure the safety of audience, supporters and staff.

The premiere screenings, originally scheduled for 27-29 November at The Odeon Semaphore, are to be postponed until restrictions are lifted and it is safe to gather in numbers greater than 1 person per 4 sq m. The rescheduled premiere event is anticipated to take place early in 2021.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...laide-film-premiere-postponed-due-to-covid-19

Club is having a 3rd crack at a premiere date.

The Adelaide Film Festival in partnership with 57 Films and the Port Adelaide Football Club is delighted to announce the world premiere of feature length film THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE will now be on the weekend of February 5 to 7 at the Odeon Cinema, Semaphore.

The film was due for release in late November but was postponed due to the hard lockdowns in place at the time as a result of a Covid cluster.

The weekend kicks off with a Gala red carpet event on Friday February 5 with players past and present attending.

There are a further 11 screenings over the weekend, culminating in a Special Legends Screening at 6.45pm on Sunday February 7. Tim Ginever will host an introductory Q&A at the screening with Port Adelaide greats including Russell Ebert and Brian Cunningham.

Tickets are $25 or $20 for members of the Port Adelaide Football Club and Adelaide Film Festival.

Tickets are available to THIS IS PORT ADELAIDE at the following dates/times:

Saturday February 6 - 10am, 12 noon, 2.15pm, 4.30pm, 6.45pm, 9pm

Sunday February 7 - 10am, 12 noon, 2.15pm, 4.30pm, 6.45pm Special Legends Screening

Tickets are available to purchase here: https://adelaidefilmfestival.org/program/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back