Club Focus Port Adelaide 2022 - Horne-Francis, Jr. Rioli, Evans, McCallum, Scully, Marshall, Williams

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I’m not sure any of those are entirely accurate.

Can only guess really but it’s a poor free agent class with Amon being one of the best players available.

It’s up to him really if he wants to stay or go, port will have an offer on the table but he’s gonna get some good offers from teams and port has some depth in outside runners.

Can’t see us going after too many cheap pickups unless they fill a need, and the only need we have is young developing key defender, which were likely not finding available.

So i expect us to go to the draft, maybe do some pick swaps to manoeuvre where we want in the draft and that’s about it.
Yeah I agree with you because with a change of coach in wind surely he doesn't get the opportunity to ask for particular players and after the way he has disposed of talls recently we need to draft talls.
There are some standout players who will go and as far as I'm concerned we just go the draft and top up on youth.

Not many young player featured in Ports best and fairest last year. I'd argue they were still very reliant on most of their older players

1. Ollie Wines (27)

2. Travis Boak (33)

3. Aliir Aliir (27)

4. Karl Amon (26)

5. Tom Jonas (31)

6. Ryan Burton (25)

6. Daniel Houston (24)

8. Darcy Byrne-Jones (25)

9. Charlie Dixon (31)

10. Scott Lycett (29)
2022 coaches votes

60- Connor Rozee

Daylight.

2022 coaches votes

60- Connor Rozee

Daylight.
Go back and read the conversation you clown.

We weren't discussing 2022. I was replying to a poster that claimed that the reason Port were successful was more due to the young players than the older players.

That was just false and the fact Port have dropped off massively at the same time as most of their older players proves that.

I've never said Port don't have decent young players or that Rozee isn't having a good 2022, but the young players weren't the driving force behind top finished over the last few years and there was always a chance they were going to drop away due to this.

Go back and read the conversation you clown.

We weren't discussing 2022. I was replying to a poster that claimed that the reason Port were successful was more due to the young players than the older players.

That was just false and the fact Port have dropped off massively at the same time as most of their older players proves that.

I've never said Port don't have decent young players or that Rozee isn't having a good 2022, but the young players weren't the driving force behind top finished over the last few years and there was always a chance they were going to drop away due to this.
Personally I don't think we've dropped off that much and what we've done is largely self inflicted.

So at the end of last season we have

OUT IN
Ladhams Finlayson
Hartlett Sinn
Garner Viscenti
Lienert Skinner
Woodcock McEntee
T Burgoyne J Burgoyne
Mayes Mayes
Rockliff Jackson

The only possible wins have been Finlayson over Ladhams and Junior Burger over Junior Burger but when you marry that up with Hinkley not being willing to play Hayes is it a win that we lost Ladhams and had no ruck?
We got more out of Hartlett last year than Sinn this year.
The main difference this year is No Fantasia No Robbie Gray because of injury and No Motlop as he has less impact than ever but I think the role he gets from the coach doesn't help him.
We are only getting worse because we don't have a game plan in attack and the guys who benefit from Dixon the battering ram are not scoring.
This is just making me depressed SACK HINKLEY.

With rumors of Bergman wanting to go back to Vic, Port probably have the currency to do a deal this year. Will be pressure if something good is offered up.

With rumors of Bergman wanting to go back to Vic, Port probably have the currency to do a deal this year. Will be pressure if something good is offered up.
Bergman would be knife set thrown in as part of a deal for jhf, I'd be asking for wines if I was north for him with Bergman.

I reckon crows first rounder this year, Murray and berry gets the deal done now, with north.

He looked less interested in being out there last week than Stephenson, if I'm north I'm getting in now and get two top 10 picks, a good Backman to help McKay and berry will be a ready made tough mid

Bergman would be knife set thrown in as part of a deal for jhf, I'd be asking for wines if I was north for him with Bergman.

I reckon crows first rounder this year, Murray and berry gets the deal done now, with north.

He looked less interested in being out there last week than Stephenson, if I'm north I'm getting in now and get two top 10 picks, a good Backman to help McKay and berry will be a ready made tough mid

I see that you have no idea what you are talking about. Thankyou for outing yourself so I don';t have to pay attention to you. Bergman was a pick 14, didn't get an opportunity season 1 in 2020, played 23 games in a top 4 side in season 2, and this year missed the entire pre-season when a screw came loose in his shoulder was fit for round 2, caught covid and then a virus that is still unknown (and was in hospital). He's still put up a solid 6 weeks since coming back from that in a run of games that have included 5 top 8 teams. He's a stud. If Bergman came along with our first (around 7ish) anyone that knew anything about football would be cumming in their pants. It's actually a better deal than Wines+7.

I see that you have no idea what you are talking about. Thankyou for outing yourself so I don';t have to pay attention to you. Bergman was a pick 14, didn't get an opportunity season 1 in 2020, played 23 games in a top 4 side in season 2, and this year missed the entire pre-season when a screw came loose in his shoulder was fit for round 2, caught covid and then a virus that is still unknown (and was in hospital). He's still put up a solid 6 weeks since coming back from that in a run of games that have included 5 top 8 teams. He's a stud. If Bergman came along with our first (around 7ish) anyone that knew anything about football would be cumming in their pants. It's actually a better deal than Wines+7.
He's a promising flanker, but he's not central on getting jhf to your club, Norths not going to get excited with Bergman and pick 7

He's a promising flanker, but he's not central on getting jhf to your club, Norths not going to get excited with Bergman and pick 7
Well I guess that depends on whether North are in a selling mood or not. JHF currency has gone down this year, not up and teams will not be offering as much as last year. Our first rounder will be about the same as the Crows and if they are offering players its likely to be one of Crouch, McAsey and Sholl.

They can always say no and wait for next year when he's out of contract and back themselves to retain him.

Well I guess that depends on whether North are in a selling mood or not. JHF currency has gone down this year, not up and teams will not be offering as much as last year. Our first rounder will be about the same as the Crows and if they are offering players its likely to be one of Crouch, McAsey and Sholl.

They can always say no and wait for next year when he's out of contract and back themselves to retain him.
A first and mcasey crouch or shill is not getting any deal done, the kids still massive upside, even next year either Adelaide club pays through the roof, port could offer wines to get it done

A first and mcasey crouch or shill is not getting any deal done, the kids still massive upside, even next year either Adelaide club pays through the roof, port could offer wines to get it done
You don't offer a Brownlow Medallist in his prime to get a player who looks like he will be very good, may have an attitude issue but is still somewhat of an unknown quantity how good he will be.

The minute he is uncontracted his trade value decreases. And then it decreases more if he says he only wants to go to an SA club.

It's up to North to provide an environment that he can thrive in otherwise they will pay the price.

Nick Murray will really get the juices flowing though. ****ing lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't offer a Brownlow Medallist in his prime to get a player who looks like he will be very good, may have an attitude issue but is still somewhat of an unknown quantity how good he will be.

The minute he is uncontracted his trade value decreases. And then it decreases more if he says he only wants to go to an SA club.

It's up to North to provide an environment that he can thrive in otherwise they will pay the price.
Wines is past his best, compare this year to last year, you lack pace through the midfield, bar rozee, you could nearly ask for Powell as well for wines

I used Murray berry and their first as an example, Murray and McKay would make a really good bookend for 7+ years for north, berry is a very good young mid and they get another top 10 pick
Murray wouldn't make a good bookend for North Adelaide. Absolute spud.

Cool story. If he wants to leave next year, they can't hold him. Bergman's shown more than JHF and im sure we will hear the media spout about 'pressure to get the deal done for a soggy sayo' even though he is also contracted next year.

Cool story. If he wants to leave next year, they can't hold him. Bergman's shown more than JHF and im sure we will hear the media spout about 'pressure to get the deal done for a soggy sayo' even though he is also contracted next year.
There's no way the AFL media will be supportive of a young player leaving Victoria for interstate for unders.

Bergman looks like a 200 game player, not a match winner though, he's a 20-30 pick swap, jhf looks a Buckley clone to me

Btw I'm in favour of first rounders having 5 year deals to get rid of "homesickness" as well, stops the media and managers pressuring young kids

Bergman looks like a 200 game player, not a match winner though, he's a 20-30 pick swap, jhf looks a Buckley clone to me

Btw I'm in favour of first rounders having 5 year deals to get rid of "homesickness" as well, stops the media and managers pressuring young kids

Get ****ed. Anything else?

Well if you think Bergman is a 200 game player Pick 2 average games per player is 198 games.

A pick between 21-30 average is 87 games

Bergman was a pick 14 and if anything has shown that he is a better player than some picked before him (Flanders McAsey, Ash) and a few more arguably

If 2 first round picks is correct value for Horne-Francis then 1st Round pick plus Bergman is also correct value.

As a 20 year old he ranks as elite in marks by Champion Data.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back