Club Focus Port Adelaide 2022 - Horne-Francis, Jr. Rioli, Evans, McCallum, Scully, Marshall, Williams

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I see that you have no idea what you are talking about. Thankyou for outing yourself so I don';t have to pay attention to you. Bergman was a pick 14, didn't get an opportunity season 1 in 2020, played 23 games in a top 4 side in season 2, and this year missed the entire pre-season when a screw came loose in his shoulder was fit for round 2, caught covid and then a virus that is still unknown (and was in hospital). He's still put up a solid 6 weeks since coming back from that in a run of games that have included 5 top 8 teams. He's a stud. If Bergman came along with our first (around 7ish) anyone that knew anything about football would be cumming in their pants. It's actually a better deal than Wines+7.

Bergman is better than Wines?

Wow!

Younger I get.

Bergman is better than Wines?

Wow!

Younger I get.
I really like Bergman - I think his disposal is better than Wines, his marking is better than Wines, and endurance/speed is better than Wines. I think Ollie has him in contested work, but Miles does have the tools for clearance work if required. Given time I think they‘ll have at least close careers.

Or, you know, Bergman has 200-250 very good games in front of him vs Wines who probably has 100-120.

Wines is a Brownlow medalist.

To say Bergman, who has played how many games, is better than a Brownlow medalist? .............is reaching somewhat.

Just my view.

He may well be but how about the kid puts some runs on the board before calling it.

I really like Bergman - I think his disposal is better than Wines, his marking is better than Wines, and endurance/speed is better than Wines. I think Ollie has him in contested work, but Miles does have the tools for clearance work if required. Given time I think they‘ll have at least close careers.
Wow. I think Bergman is a solid player. But I don’t see the ceiling most Port supporters do. I see him as a good winger/flanker plays a lot like Kamdyn McIntosh. He isn’t evasive enough or a bull style player for midfield. At very best he could be a Mitch Duncan level player, which u take everyday of the week. But I can’t see him ever being better then Wines. Remember Wines had some pretty serious health issues this year.

Wow. I think Bergman is a solid player. But I don’t see the ceiling most Port supporters do. I see him as a good winger/flanker plays a lot like Kamdyn McIntosh. He isn’t evasive enough or a bull style player for midfield. At very best he could be a Mitch Duncan level player, which u take everyday of the week. But I can’t see him ever being better then Wines. Remember Wines had some pretty serious health issues this year.
Where has anyone said he will be better than wines?

From what I can see one port poster said that Bergman (at the start of his career) is worth more trade wise to the bulldogs than wines who is in the back end of his career.

Also, evasiveness is like one of bergmans most easily noticeable skill sets lol. Has a great combination of sidestep + 360o awareness. He’s also a big unit for a kid his age, and was noted for the speed at which he put on size in his first year in the league. * we had like pages on our board devoted to questioning how bergs got so big so quickly while the rest of our team looks like teenage girls until they hit 26. Your assessment of him reads quite bizarrely, like someone suggesting that the sun isn’t yellow or bright enough. That’s even before going into the weirdness of suggesting someone needs to be a “bull” to play in the midfield.

Agree, he's a neat outside player, but not a match winner by any stretch from what I've seen of him. Hopefully he has a long and successful career, but any talk of him being worth a first round pick, IMO, is a bit ambitious.

Agree, he's a neat outside player, but not a match winner by any stretch from what I've seen of him. Hopefully he has a long and successful career, but any talk of him being worth a first round pick, IMO, is a bit ambitious.
He literally was a first round pick himself three years ago m8.

He'll be a 200 game player and as much as I'm sure you want to dog Port I think we will get a similar draft pick to what we used for him or 2 x second round picks (one being at the pointy end). That is assuming he wants to go because this is all speculation.

Wines is a Brownlow medalist.

To say Bergman, who has played how many games, is better than a Brownlow medalist? .............is reaching somewhat.

Just my view.

He may well be but how about the kid puts some runs on the board before calling it.

Use some critical thinking. You'd get twice as much for Bergman as you would for Dustin Martin or Dangerfield as of now. Any trade value would be a reflection of what is to come. If you reckon Wines has another Brownlow in him, i'm all for it. Barring the usual injury that can befall anyone, bergman is getting to a point where his floor is a solid 200 gamer. He could not have had a worse year healthwise and once he came back, has slotted straight back in to the bullshit roles we give him every week, against the best teams in the competition. He basically has no weaknesses. He might not be 'elite' at anything, but he's very good at literally everything.

Covid has thrown up some weird stuff with player progression with essentially 2 years of stalled growth unless you were in the AFL side. Go and compare him with the top 10 players 2019 onwards. How many is he better than? I've got him better than 6 of the top 10 in his draft year. 6 out of 10 in 2020, and 7 out of 10 from 2021. What are the odds of you getting someone better with a top 10 pick this year? Not great. Anyone that thinks he's going for pick 25-30 should give themselves an uppercut ... then jump into a woodchipper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes, Schofield and Skinner all gone, whilst the biggest secret in football has been confirmed with Amon exercising his free agency rights.

Where to next, Port fans?

Mayes, Schofield and Skinner all gone, whilst the biggest secret in football has been confirmed with Amon exercising his free agency rights.

Where to next, Port fans?
Jason Horne-Francis, Josh Dunkley

I'm a bit surprised about Skinner, thought he showed a bit. Any chance he gets picked up somewhere or is it injury related?
He is the slowest person i've ever seen on a football field

I'm a bit surprised about Skinner, thought he showed a bit. Any chance he gets picked up somewhere or is it injury related?

He was frankly terrible. Not a knock on the guy as to go at pick 5 he must have had some good attributes. He has 32 year old Ben Rutten pace now unfortunately. Would be interested on Brisbane supporters views on his pace pre ACL.

He is the slowest person i've ever seen on a football field

He was frankly terrible. Not a knock on the guy as to go at pick 5 he must have had some good attributes. He has 32 year old Ben Rutten pace now unfortunately. Would be interested on Brisbane supporters views on his pace pre ACL.

Cheers for that. I feel like he had ok pace when he was younger, but with the speed of the game as it is then he would struggle if he is that slow now. It's a shame as I feel like he has some good qualities to go along with the bad. Appreciate the insight from you both.

Cheers for that. I feel like he had ok pace when he was younger, but with the speed of the game as it is then he would struggle if he is that slow now. It's a shame as I feel like he has some good qualities to go along with the bad. Appreciate the insight from you both.

To put it in perspective, on his debut for us, a ball went over the back of him on the wing when he was playing on Ben McEvoy. McEvoy clearly ran off of him as the guy with possession of the ball. Whilst it is unfair to end a guys career so quickly in the 1-2 games he played for us it was obvious he was way off AFL speed to the extent that I am trying to work out how he ended up on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back