Club Focus Port Adelaide 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Been a few in the media claiming Duursma might be up for trade, which helps pay for everyone without the need to use their future 1st, though it’s extremely likely to be fabricated rumours from attention starved journalists.
Its because they have no idea what is going on at Port.

They just look at the fact that Xavier Duursma has played a few SANFL games, so he must be unhappy and wants out.

They ignore the fact, that his Victorian sister specifically nominated into the SA Zone for the AFLW so she could come to Port. Does any one really think that would happen if Xavier isn't happy at Port?

Hawthorn, and they want to draft the brother at pick 3.
I heard Sheezel wants to come to Port to play with JHF as well. Gonna be an interesting off season.

I heard Sheezel wants to come to Port to play with JHF as well. Gonna be an interesting off season.
Not sure how we'll get him though as we already traded Butters and two firsts to North for JHF last year, and we're already trading our future first this year to get Ratugolea. Maybe PSD?

Its because they have no idea what is going on at Port.

They just look at the fact that Xavier Duursma has played a few SANFL games, so he must be unhappy and wants out.

They ignore the fact, that his Victorian sister specifically nominated into the SA Zone for the AFLW so she could come to Port. Does any one really think that would happen if Xavier isn't happy at Port?

I mean, I have no idea whether he is happy or not, but that was 18 months ago when she nominated - a lot can change, especially if Port are splashing cash and picks about to get other key parts.

It really is neither here nor there.

Plus he is good enough to have a club whisper in his ear big $$, and I doubt his sister being at the club is enough to stop him taking a double salary.

Has that happened? * knows. I’m just saying his sister nominating is not relevant now.

Port is easily the most interesting club this trade period.

The only top bracket/contending club expected to make big moves. I can’t see any of Collingwood, Melbourne or Brisbane bringing in players that fix such gaps ala Rat & Grundy. Shane McAdam is scraping best 22, Tom Doedee is injury prone, I don’t think Pies are linked to anyone big.

Do they overpay to take a full swing at a flag? Dixon probably last year in 2024 (if they don’t win this year), but is still important.
Do you stand your ground and back in the Butters/Rozee/JHF/Drew core mid to take the future first draft pick along with them?

I think looking at their side tonight, apart from Lycett, the only other real gettable player would be Duursma hence the speculation. I don’t think I’d trade Duursma directly for either of Rat or Grundy, but I would trade him for a flag.

Interesting times. They make the right moves, there’s more than 1 flag on offer. Or they could get it wrong, waste their shot and not have any flag for the next 5 years with a pretty awesome young core.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching poor 191cm McKenzie getting rag-dolled by Jesse Hogan, you see why they're so desperate to land KPDs.

They would have been hoping to palm off 37 and 42 for both Esava and BZT, but it's obvious their need for tall backs is critical.

Watching poor 191cm McKenzie getting rag-dolled by Jesse Hogan, you see why they're so desperate to land KPDs.

They would have been hoping to palm off 37 and 42 for both Esava and BZT, but it's obvious their need for tall backs is critical.
Let's check in on the Sav-Hogan match up from may

Screenshot_20230916_230425_AFL.jpg
Screenshot_20230916_230507_AFL.jpg

Yes but they need a lockdown kpd and neither bzt or sav are that.

Did you see how BZT went against Hogan?

He could barely lift his foot off the ground too. Fact he passed his fitness test is mind boggling to me.

Port need to chop something away to complete this trade period.

I think Duursma has to be it. Even if he stays he isnt signing on at the end of 2024 anyway id say. His role is too limited and he would want too much money knowing he will get it elsewhere. I think a club like Essendon could see Duursma as one of those "Well we gotta pay someone" type players and get to talking now the seasons over. If not I think atleast a club like Geelong would have interest and see Duursma as a good swap out for Esava

We will see

Geelong are asking for that alone for Sav

Essendon wont have Zerk far behind Sav if at all either

Port are good at getting deals done. I can’t see them giving up a future 1st for any of the players they are linked to. Between 37,43 and a future second - perhaps a player like Hayes, and involving other clubs if needs be they will get the deals done

Will be funny to watch the standoffs though with Mackie and Dodo for the first week of trades

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hit a nerve obviously.

Duursma is gone though.

I think Duursma would be a good player for Port to move on. Has shown more than enough at times to have decent value but his record in finals - even factoring in he is young - is deplorable. Has an impeccable record of shrinking on the big stage.

They should cut their losses and extract some value out of him

He could barely lift his foot off the ground too. Fact he passed his fitness test is mind boggling to me.

I think Duursma has to be it. Even if he stays he isnt signing on at the end of 2024 anyway id say. His role is too limited and he would want too much money knowing he will get it elsewhere. I think a club like Essendon could see Duursma as one of those "Well we gotta pay someone" type players and get to talking now the seasons over. If not I think atleast a club like Geelong would have interest and see Duursma as a good swap out for Esava

Seems like an Essendon type player - downhill skier - would be great for them running down the wing at Marvel

Ridiculous that McKenzie was cleared to play, was hobbling in the warm up. Gone back through every contest, can’t find one where he actually jumps at the ball. Just tried to body all game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back