Club Focus Port Adelaide 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I think Duursma would be a good player for Port to move on. Has shown more than enough at times to have decent value but his record in finals - even factoring in he is young - is deplorable. Has an impeccable record of shrinking on the big stage.

They should cut their losses and extract some value out of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would like to see how he would go under a new coach (be it at Port or elsewhere)

Clearly he has tuned out of Hinkley and his very flawed gameplan

Problem for Port is right now they would be selling him for unders/whilst his currency is at its lowest.

They gain nothing trading him right now unless a club offers absurd overs

Would like to see how he would go under a new coach (be it at Port or elsewhere)

Clearly he has tuned out of Hinkley and his very flawed gameplan

Problem for Port is right now they would be selling him for unders/whilst his currency is at its lowest.

They gain nothing trading him right now unless a club offers absurd overs
Yeah, it's in Duursma's best interests to look for a change of scenery.

Forgot he was playing last night until mid way through the 2nd quarter.

Reckon there is a strong chance he is traded if Port land all of Sweet, Sav & BZT as he will provide them picks they will need for the national draft.

I think Duursma would be a good player for Port to move on. Has shown more than enough at times to have decent value but his record in finals - even factoring in he is young - is deplorable. Has an impeccable record of shrinking on the big stage.

They should cut their losses and extract some value out of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep. A pick in the 20s should get it done i would imagine.

No one is paying a pick in the 20's for Duursma now
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
This years draft is weak outside of the Top 20 or so.

Teams like Collingwood with an aging midfield (Pendles, Sidey, Mitchell, Adams, Crisp, etc.) might decide a young known quality is better than a speculative late draft pick.

In saying that Port would be better off backing themselves to get him back to his best unless they need the pick for another identified player (BZT, Rat, Sweet, Etc.)

Teams like Collingwood with an aging midfield (Pendles, Sidey, Mitchell, Adams, Crisp, etc.) might decide a young known quality is better than a speculative late draft pick.

In saying that Port would be better off backing themselves to get him back to his best unless they need the pick for another identified player (BZT, Rat, Sweet, Etc.)
I would he has done nothing for 3 years now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same people said last years top 10 was weak and 2023 was a super draft.

Well it turns out that 2022 looks like the super draft.

We are in trouble. 14-23 ranked players are poor and we don’t have depth. The three that have nominated us certainly aren’t going to fill our holes. I with Hinkley also signed for another two years not even sure how we go about looking like a competitive finals team.

The key defender role has been a missing link on Ports list for years. Strange that they haven't worked harder to fill that hole.

They can add a ruck and key forward to that list. Their midfield is terrific but in all honestly Hinkley did very well to get them to top 4 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back