Preview Port Adelaide (9th) v Footscray (4th) Rd 12 AO Sat 11th Jun @13:10

Remove this Banner Ad

There's always hope...

1400335790527.jpg

824553-885c4e8a-dcf3-11e3-bb5e-bb14174cd6c1.jpg

Not sure why we are hating on the Dogs so much. Hell, if we got a free kick leg up to the extent they have been I would be dipping myself in honey and tearing the feather pillows apart. Would not begrudge them a long overdue Premiership if we are not to lift one.

Not sure why we are hating on the Dogs so much. Hell, if we got a free kick leg up to the extent they have been I would be dipping myself in honey and tearing the feather pillows apart. Would not begrudge them a long overdue Premiership if we are not to lift one.
They are this weeks enemy. We can be nice to them again next week.

They get enough love from everyone else and never get called out for their s**t crowds. No one will notice or care if we don't join in the cheer squad.

Last edited:
If you guys lose this game please dont embarrass yourselves like the Adelaide board did with a 500 page Pannel hate thread.
Call us whatever you like - either to our faces or behind our backs, but please don't associate us with Crows fans: they're in a class of their own!!!

They get enough love from everyone else and never get called out for their s**t crowds. No one will notice or care if we don't join in the cheer squad.

This. Like, good on'em and they're clearly on the up. But beat a contender, pack out the Dome or win a final first.

It's like a puzzling mix of Grant Thomas St Kilda and minor round Richmond at the moment.

They've had no crowds for 100 years though mate. Smallest supporter base in the comp. Hard to call them out on that when they are a minnow . It's not as if their crowds have suddenly come from everywhere recently.

They've had no crowds for 100 years though mate. Smallest supporter base in the comp. Hard to call them out on that when they are a minnow . It's not as if their crowds have suddenly come from everywhere recently.

Like the reunion you can't wait to leave, it's all relatives m8.

We get 3000 more to Mothers Day Sunday twilight against the Vulture Street Irrelevants than our premiership year average crowd figure and it's "tarpdiddilytarptarp... tarp-tarp".

Small markets aside, other clubs who purport to have 70000 members and beat their chest as national institutions get 5000 less to home games and you don't hear a squeaker's peep.

Tired of being on a hiding to nothing based on standards literally no-one else is judged upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get 3000 more to Mothers Day Sunday twilight against the Vulture Street Irrelevants than our premiership year average crowd figure and it's "tarpdiddilytarptarp... tarp-tarp".

Small markets aside, other clubs who purport to have 70000 members and beat their chest as national institutions get 5000 less to home games and you don't hear a squeaker's peep.

Tired of being on a hiding to nothing based on standards literally no-one else is judged upon.
This is true. It's a total furphy used to denigrate our club. It has no substance in comparison to other teams these days.

You hear plenty here (in Melbourne)

These clubs have been blasted for years for their s**t crowds. Only ones sooking about our crowds are Adelaide ambassadors/supporters, who cares. In Melbourne everyone has been crediting our crowds.

Pannell's effort against the Crows was hilarious. I dont hate him for that. The enemy of my whinging enemy is my friend.
I wouldn't worry either. My concern is that he may have been less an enemy of the cows than a friend of the Dogs. He was also appointed to the Adelaide/West Coast game this year ad the free-kick count there was 18-15 in Adelaide's favour. Maybe he has received a directive from the AFL to be a bit more careful about the frees he gives out. Lopsided free kick counts from games may sometimes be explained away but 17-1 from one umpire suggests a bias, whether conscious or unconscious going into the decision-making.

You hear plenty here (in Melbourne)

These clubs have been blasted for years for their s**t crowds. Only ones sooking about our crowds are Adelaide ambassadors/supporters, who cares. In Melbourne everyone has been crediting our crowds.

Yeah, to a point. Most national outlets went with "in front of a crowd of 32,000 - the lowest at Ad Oval since the redevelopment" after the Brisbane game.

Why the caveat? Literally every other club bar one or two would be thrilled with that number under the circs.

As Pannell went 17-1 against the cows and the final count was 28-12 the other umpires must have gone 11-11. From that it is obvious what our strategy must be, keep it away from Pannell so that he doesn't get the chance to make a decision. This won't always be possible but if we can move it smoothly into the danger area or P-zone as it shall be called we should come away with a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back