Port Adelaide accused of Anniversary Club Logo Theft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Hmm. Seems to me there is probable grounds for a lawsuit here.

He better sue the AFL as well, because Port worked closely with them to design it as well.
The PA monogram is used on almost all of Port's merch, the prison bars were inevitably going to be on the logo at some point and same applies for the shield style emblem. The PA monogram and prison bars are also trademarked, correct? Suing would insinuate he has ownership or permission over both, is that a game you'd really want to play?

The issue is, the emblem is so generic/simplistic that it was always inevitably going to be ripping something from someone else's piece. I am pretty disenfranchised with the club currently for wallowing in mediocrity in all facets but this isn't one of the issues worrying me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t post your ideas/work onto social media before trademarking/copywriting/patenting it. Once it’s out in the public arena and you haven’t done that, it’s bad luck.
Australia have a law that any image posted on any medium is under copyright to the owner. Anyone else that uses it has to seek permission from the owner. It's rarely bought to court though because many dont know the law.

Even more embarrassing for the Power is that they've accidentally printed "1870" instead of "1997".
I didn't realise 1997 was 150 years ago
We are the port adelaide football club, est 1870. I don’t know why other supporters get so offended about history and facts. For that matter why people care so much about another clubs history

We are the port adelaide football club, est 1870. I don’t know why other supporters get so offended about history and facts. For that matter why people care so much about another clubs history

Bit touchy there mate

I don’t know why people care so much about another clubs history
"I swam for New Zealand at the 1984 Olympics."
"I've checked the records, and there's no record of anybody with your name having swam for New Zealand at the 1984 Olympics."
"I don't know why you're getting so offended about history and facts. Or for that matter why you care so much about another person's history."

"I swam for New Zealand at the 1984 Olympics."
"I've checked the records, and there's no record of anybody with your name having swam for New Zealand at the 1984 Olympics."
"I don't know why you're getting so offended about history and facts. Or for that matter why you care so much about another person's history."
Except we were a club before the AFL in another comp.. that moved comp. one club two teams.

Trying to recreate history lol.

Except we were a club before the AFL in another comp.. that moved comp. one club two teams.

Trying to recreate history lol.
Does that mean if Adelaide decides to "merge" with Modbury to use their ground as a training base we can change our established date to 1862?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back