News Port Adelaide AGM 31 January 2020

Wonder if it is a new business or Price Waterhouse Cooper is stepping up?

The rest, meh typical AGM fluff.

KT doesn't seem to be allowed to speak when Koch is in the house.

Who is Andrew Day when he's at home?

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So, can I have some clarification please?
Did supporters want Ken to talk more or to talk less ?
Because it seems either way you’re not happy.
So what was he to do in the circumstances...talk less and you continue to whinge about him leaving early or talk more and you want him to stfu. Seriously fellas? You should listen to yourselves.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Wonder if it is a new business or Price Waterhouse Cooper is stepping up?

The rest, meh typical AGM fluff.

KT doesn't seem to be allowed to speak when Koch is in the house.

Who is Andrew Day when he's at home?

If it's this guy, it doesn't say what he's been doing for the last couple of years...

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So what was he to do in the circumstances...talk less and you continue to whinge about him leaving early or talk more and you want him to stfu. Seriously fellas? You should listen to yourselves.
He did leave early, ran out in fact, straight after he spoke. He speaks utter garbage. Never takes questions from the floor, just manufactured spin directed by Barry Curtain. I was watching him when Koch was taking questions from the floor. Hands over his face, talking and pointing out the window at times. This guy is a clown. Has never had one iota of respect for the supporters. Maybe stop complaining about people that bang on about wanting him gone. Go the AGM, watch him, listen. Believe me, you won't like what you see and hear.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
So where has the mention of 2 new corporate partners come from?

Was it mentioned on the night?
Is it more pure rumour and hope from this site?
Or is it another "Portnight" scenario?

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
People want him to talk more about his impending sacking and less about everything else.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There doesn't seem to be anything in today's press about the AGM. This one was clearly aimed at passing through to the keeper as quietly as possible.

800 members down on same time last year? Pffft, our own bigfooty researchers have proven this to be bullshit.

Koch talks complete bullshit.

Does anybody have the actual financials? I believe the $1 mill paid back to the AFL because I was told a year ago that this is what the AFL were demanding. Basic accounting would tell you that falling memberships, sponsorships and crowds on top of a forced million to the AFL couldn't possibly lead to a better set of books. Yet I assume that is what Koch will run with.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Talk sense.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't sound like much of interest came out of this.

So Koch assures us we are middle table for a whole bunch of metrics. Yep, I reckon we already knew that.

Did lol at an AFLW team now being a priority. Talk about late to the party, hooley dooley.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Koch stated that Hinkley needed to rush home for Donna's birthday, thus Hinkley did not remain behind for questions after his speech (which I think is disrespectful to the members). There is nothing to report about Hinkley's speech anyway because although he squeezed in a lot of words at warp speed he said nothing of value. Nothing.

KT didn't talk again for the second year in a row and sat in the front row where the few board of directors sat as well. Cardone was present.

From Koch's speech and Q&A all I got from it was that Vanstone is out and Day is in. Haslam is out but a nameless new member is in. Ransom is possibly away for two years studying at Harvard and will communicate via video conference. We have a 2 million dollar debt left with the AFL. The club decided to embark on a new football direction (rebuild) at the end of 2018. Thus Hinkley was given credit three times for accepting the new direction of going with youth (what a guy).

Lokan was MIA. I didn’t see Wanganeen. I don't know which other board members were present. It appeared that most were not present.

There wasn't a lot of BS but there wasn't hardly any deep information shared.

Not a lot of questions were fired at Koch and mostly the questions were petty. Mostly the sheep were in attendance.

No pre-questions from members were addressed.

It was a pointless AGM. Says a lot about how much the custodians of the club value their members.

It reconfirms that we need change at the top but this club could possibly be like this forever.

Thanks for that 88.

Geez it looks like there is absolutely no accountability to members.

It smacks of third world politics where El Presidente is only accountable to El Presidente.

Only good news is the vexit.

Isn't he the LR guy with China ecperience?

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only know those guys by pseudonyms ;)

But yes you're right. We knew about him last year.

ANDREW DAY - DIRECTOR
Profession: Non Executive Director
Non Executive Director Port Adelaide Football Club - current
CEO and Board experience across multiple Industry sectors incl Telecommunications, Sales and Marketing, Online Technologies and Investment & Asset Management
Business partnerships across Asia incl China, Japan, Korea, Phillipines and India
CEO/Director experience across Australia, NZ, Europe, Asia, US and South Africa
Non Executive Director Stellar BPO – current

So where has the mention of 2 new corporate partners come from?

Was it mentioned on the night?
Is it more pure rumour and hope from this site?
Or is it another "Portnight" scenario?

Read the summary by LilyC - Koch said it in his presentation.

Good news is we are paying off our low interest loan from the AFL.

Bad news is we are increasing our high interest debt by more.

Look depreciation.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This exactly. Paying off huge chunks of low interest loans ahead of high interest loans is bad business but if you owe your parent company they don’t care

We’re the Corporation now

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?

From Ken?

Less talk, more walk.

Back