Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe this administration has undone all of Eddie’s hard work. It’s disgraceful that we concede on any point.

Understand if you're upset. Personally though, I'm not. If Port wish to respect an old jumper, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't pick their founding jumper but hey that's up to them.

1680420735106.png

To me, the whole issue on Eddie saying no to Port's request was more about 2 clashing President ego's and personalities. (I have no zero insight, just me thinking that's probably more the case)

Understand if you're upset. Personally though, I'm not. If Port wish to respect an old jumper, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't pick their founding jumper but hey that's up to them.

View attachment 1647823

To me, the whole issue on Eddie saying no to Port's request was more about 2 clashing President ego's and personalities. (I have no zero insight, just me thinking that's probably more the case)

More about protecting our brand and its marketability. That gets diluted in terms of its identifiability if there are other teams wearing B&W vertical stripes. AFL don’t seem keen to equalize distributions to clubs so it falls to the club to generate the extra income other clubs take for granted. I think the pink suits them, captures their essence.

More about protecting our brand and its marketability. That gets diluted in terms of its identifiability if there are other teams wearing B&W vertical stripes. AFL don’t seem keen to equalize distributions to clubs so it falls to the club to generate the extra income other clubs take for granted. I think the pink suits them, captures their essence.
yeah I get all that. I do. And if there was an increase of requests to wear the jumper throughout the year then I'd certainly have a different opinion ... but wearing it against the Crows in a showdown, in a once off. meh! I'd like to presume our club / marketing dept are doing their due dillgence in seeing the branding impact it had because Port are likely to request it each year for the showdown.

I tell ya what though ... footy is full superstitions and if Port are lucky enough to wear the jumper again against the Crows ... AND nationally embarrass themselves again like they did on the weekend, then well, I don't think you'll see that jumper again anytime soon coz their supporters won't stand for it. 😝

But on the note of Port wanting to honour their past, why don't they also want to sing the SANFL Port Adelaide theme song too? (hear it here) ... I'm not aware of Koshi into the ear of the Swans president with such a request huh? ..... the SANFL song is the same tune as the Swans (which is the Notre Dame Victory March). Is it because it's too hard to remember to sing? ... I wouldn't have thought so. So it because Koshi has never traded public chest beating barbs on respective national media platforms like petulant children with the Swan's president? ... hmm... imo, as shallow as it is, yeah.

The Power badly embarrassed itself two weeks running. In the biggest SA game for the year, the black and white stripes were disgraced. It's a shame the club ties itself in knots over the prison bars, but can't do the important things like winning big games. The Power has a fantastic modern jumper, but forever looks to past glory days when it won premierships in a second tier competition. The Power should embrace the teal and stop pretending it is a blockbuster club like Collingwood; the comparisons are tedious and embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back