Opinion Port Adelaide and their Prison Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
They should. This is what their statement says, very clearly the song took part in round 8.

"On that basis, and consistent with the arrangements that have applied to all previous instances of use of the "prison bar" guernsey by Port Adelaide since the Club joined the AFL (i.e. with the approval of the AFL and Collingwood) the AFL does not grant permission for the guernsey to be worn in Round 8."

They should but they wont because their spineless.

You mean the SA state jumper you borrowed.
Like your V jumper. A design you'd previously sooked about when Adelaide had permission to wear it years earlier? A sook that played a part in that permission being rescinded.

e266730b3dee93a911737928ca9397bd

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
should allow them to use it but take 60% of the profit of jumper sales ... lets see how keen they would be after that

Like your V jumper. A design you'd previously sooked about when Adelaide had permission to wear it years earlier? A sook that played a part in that permission being rescinded.

e266730b3dee93a911737928ca9397bd
To be fair, I think it was the SANFL who were against this one.

PiesUserName

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm probably in the minority, but I couldn't give a sh-t, and have no problem if they were allowed to wear it once a year or whatever it is they want.
What do they think will happen?

-People will want to buy a Collingwood guernsey and mistakenly buy the Port Adelaide one? Lol

Collingwood's history won't change based on them wearing it.

I think it's just a power move in not allowing them. I don't see the big problem like everyone else. But whatever, we will hear it all again next year :)

should allow them to use it but take 60% of the profit of jumper sales ... lets see how keen they would be after that
You misspelled 100%. And the answer is still “no”.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
One would hope that the AFL comes down very hard on Port for ignoring the ruling that they cannot wear that piece of rubbish. You would imagine that there will at least be talk of loss of premiership points as well as significant fines. Those scenes played out after the match would equate to an affront to the AFL and its authority. Regardless that they did not wear those colours during the match, they still infringed copyright and could easily be sued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

slugger01

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, the one that SA ABANDONED in favour of their red, blue and gold one.

Just like the guernsey Port Power ABANDONED and sold their souls when they desperately wanted to enter the AFL, and jump from the mini league they were part of.

You see, it suited you to create a "new" club in Port Power, to enter the AFL. And to agree to a new jumper design, and to break all affiliation with the Port Adelaide magpies that still play in the SA mini league.

So you sold your souls, and now you want to say.. Nah, we want to back track on that, and we are PAFC.
Trust and ethics is something that is gone with PP. Childish, immature organisation. Last night proved that PP act like a spoilt, petulant child.

But i am happy that you think you made a statement, wearing the Port Magpies jumper in your bedroom, and thinking "we showed them".. lol

Last edited:

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, the one that SA ABANDONED in favour of their red, blue and gold one.

Just like the guernsey Port Power ABANDONED and sold their souls when they desperately wanted to enter the AFL, and jump from the mini league they were part of.

You see, it suited you to create a "new" club in Port Power, to enter the AFL. And to agree to a new jumper design, and to break all affiliation with the Port Power magpies that still play in the SA mini league.

So you sold your souls, and now you want to say.. Nah, we want to back track on that, and we are PAFC.
Trust and ethics is something that is gone with PP. Childish, immature organisation. Last night proved that PP act like a spoilt, petulant child.

But i am happy that you think you made a statement, wearing the Port Magpies jumper in your bedroom, and thinking "we showed them".. lol

Your here aren’t you?

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
state representative teams have nothing to do with teams competing in the AFL.

Victoria have also worn Richmond, Melbourne, Footscray and Williamstown guernseys in the early days.
WA also wear swan, but that has nothing to do with Sydney

To be fair, I think it was the SANFL who were against this one.
SANFL gave them permission initially. Former SA players, the public and current SANFL clubs including PA weren't happy. The SANFL overturned their previous decision.

Cata_Pendles

Senior List
Sep 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m a bit confused - doesn’t the ‘Port Adelaide’ theme song reference ‘power’ and not the magpies. Didn’t realise they had become the Port Adelaide Magpies (a whole different club) competing in the AFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your here aren’t you?

you left the SANFL to start a new chapter in your history by joining the premier competition in the Country.
You won a flag in your new jumper, and instead of honoring that jumper, the Club dishonours it continually insisting the prison bars are the true representation of the club.
That small mindedness speaks volumes for a Club that by these actions never left the SANFL.
You were a big fish in a small pond, and the relegation of your prestige and influence in the Big Pond, requires a regular joust with authority to assuage your irrelevance.

Your power and influence is gone but can easily be restored - the SANFL is waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back