Port Adelaide and there consistent failure to attract players

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have had Prestia and Lynch come in with Tarranto and Hopper wanting in just this year. Melbourne had Lever and May. Geelong had Isaac Smith, Cameron and a s**t load of other players they didn't even need in the end. Hawthorn had Gunston, McEvoy, Frawley. Ryder is probably the only player in the ball pack of those guys, we got him 8 years ago and he came with a risk of a year off which blew up one of our seasons. If you don't want to admit that certain clubs have access to a higher tier of player than I don't know what to tell you.
We traded pick 6 for Prestia - what’s your point?

Prestia and Lynch have never been AA playing for Richmond. Dixon and Aliir were both AA for Port. Stop sooking. Port have a strong record of attracting and retaining quality players

Richmond have had Prestia and Lynch come in with Tarranto and Hopper wanting in just this year. Melbourne had Lever and May. Geelong had Isaac Smith, Cameron and a s**t load of other players they didn't even need in the end. Hawthorn had Gunston, McEvoy, Frawley. Ryder is probably the only player in the ball pack of those guys, we got him 8 years ago and he came with a risk of a year off which blew up one of our seasons. If you don't want to admit that certain clubs have access to a higher tier of player than I don't know what to tell you.
Now you are just flat out lying.

I could go get a list of players from this very thread you have recruited in the last 10 years, but you're not worth the time.

Now you are just flat out lying.

I could go get a list of players from this very thread you have recruited in the last 10 years, but you're not worth the time.

I don't think anyone can deny the quality and quantity of players coming back to Victoria is lopsided versus the other states. But there are reasons for that such as the larger number of players coming from Victoria etc. On the other hand there are certainly other benefits for playing for a Vic side such as media exposure, more likely to be invited into the media circle, less travel etc.

I don't think anyone can deny the quality and quantity of players coming back to Victoria is lopsided versus the other states. But there are reasons for that such as the larger number of players coming from Victoria etc. On the other hand there are certainly other benefits for playing for a Vic side such as media exposure, more likely to be invited into the media circle, less travel etc.
It's just timing, nothing more, every team in the comp gets players, lying about it doesn't give posters much credit.

Go look at the players Brisbane have at the moment, you tell me they aren't class.

Enough if this already. This isn't Arsenal under coach Arsene Wenger lol.

Your team has won 5 finals in the last 10 years. Fair from the worst side in the comp.

Freo are not the model of success or consistentcy.

But they have had 4 coaches that have at least one final since essendons last finals win in 2004.

Chris Connolly: 2006 semi final vs the demons

Mark Harvey: 2010 Elim final vs the hawks.

Ross Lyon: 2012 Elim final vs the cats, 2013 qualifying final vs the cats, 2013 preliminary final vs swans, 2015 qualifying final vs the swans.

Justin Longmuir: 2022 Elim final vs the dogs

If your bar for success for Freo is "win more finals than the worst teams in the comp" then good luck to you.

Personally I'd be comparing the last 11 years to Richmond (3 premierships from 4 GF appearances in that time).

I don't want to support "not the worst team" I want to support the best team. We won't become that with Donuts Hinkley and "Here's another contract extension for nothing" Koch. * them off.

Sure but there are benefits media and sponsors wise in a smaller market. Players from the SA clubs get a lot of attention from local media, same for WA.

He is a dud. Watch our games, there's nothing resembling a coherent gameplan other than "run harder than those blokes".

Get him out of my club
Out of interest you didn't put the sack Hinkley sign up on Port Road, did you? (Asking for a friend)

To be fair to port, u have have rocks in ur head to choose to move to Adelaide once u experience life in a big city.
Such a Melbourne thing to say. 1.2m people isn't a country town.

Especially that Melbourne is morphing into a city that's for the most part so far greyer and bland and nondescript, as it seeks "bigness" and population growth at the expense of pretty much everything else. And I'm saying that from going back and forth living in Melbourne over 25 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to have a lot to do with it. It is a shithole.

It's a shithole to bogans who think having 97 million places to get drunk and do coke at makes a city great. The same Melbourne/ Sydney w***ers which says Qld is s**t, despite int being a spectacular place (and much cheaper before you southerners ****ed it) and Melbourne being a dirty piss smelling city, and Sydney an overcrowded mess.

Unfortunately alot of AFL footballers are bogans who think having a s**t ton of places to get pissed and coked up makes a city great.

Such a Melbourne thing to say. 1.2m people isn't a country town.

Especially that Melbourne is morphing into a city that's for the most part so far greyer and bland and nondescript, as it seeks "bigness" and population growth at the expense of pretty much everything else. And I'm saying that from going back and forth living in Melbourne over 25 years.

So Melbourne is bland but Adelaide is full of culture and excitement…? Right…..

It's a shithole to bogans who think having 97 million places to get drunk and do coke at makes a city great. The same Melbourne/ Sydney w***ers which says Qld is s**t, despite int being a spectacular place (and much cheaper before you southerners *ed it) and Melbourne being a dirty piss smelling city, and Sydney an overcrowded mess.

Unfortunately alot of AFL footballers are bogans who think having a s**t ton of places to get pissed and coked up makes a city great.
Ahhh, find me someone in the CBD of Adelaide that isn't a crack addicted bogan and I'll show you a very good actor.

I never said they were all world beaters, but the premise of the thread is we 'consistently fail to attract players'
Dixon was an AA CHF, Aliir an AA CHB, Ebert played 184 consistent games for us, Polec played well for us and we offloaded him at the right time, Finlayson and Burton have long careers ahead of them still and look promising, Motlop wasn't a star at all but gave us some great moments....
Aliir got found out when he was monstered by schache of all people in the prelim final, hasn’t been the same player since

Aliir got found out when he was monstered by schache of all people in the prelim final, hasn’t been the same player since

The first game of 2022 he ****ed his ankle and was then brought back at least 2-3 weeks early. Looked lost the first 3-4 weeks back but improved steadily in the back end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back