Port Adelaide and there consistent failure to attract players

Remove this Banner Ad

with graham now rejecting them after Dunkley who they chased all year, port have a long history of failing to bring players across to them, Dawson last year opted for Adelaide over port, it’s the same city, so what is exactly is problem at that club? Why do they consistently miss there trade targets?
Great thread.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure JHF classifies as big name. His done nothing, just a player with promise who getting offered a boat load of cash.

Pretty similar to when the doggies got Boyd.

It's confusing to anyone who saw him play in the SANFL last year that JHF hasn't smashed it. Noone has looked better in the SANFL in a draft year, probably not even Cooney. He was smashing blokes like Fogarty. 16.5 disposals, 0.8 goals, 3 clearances, 4 tackles a game running around as a 17 year old with men. Played all year and averaged about 19 disposals 1 goal, 4 clearances in the back end of the season. Was quick, tough, great overhead mark, hit the scoreboard. Not super elite skills, but he was at 75% disposal efficiency and looked to be average to above average. Something has gone wrong this year. He has clear links to Port, Step Dad played here, and he spent time at the club last year. Clearly we believe he is a good chance of realizing his potential at Port.

Our list management has been poor and I'm on record as having said that. That is the source of plenty of debate on our board and the media gloat about it regularly. There is scrutiny for our list management in sharp contrast to the crickets you hear about Port's. One great draft and one decent FA pickup doesn't wipe their slate.

Not sure why following a team with poor list management means I cannot comment on another club. White knighting a bit hard.

2016 Draft - SPP, Marshall, Drew
2017 Draft - didn't have a pick until around 45 - Picked up Hayes and Farrell.
2018 - Draft - Butters/ Rozee/Duursma
2019 - Bergman, Georgiades, Mead
2020 - Lachie Jones
2021 - Sinn (who was injured for most of 2022) and Burgoyne.

Throughout this time we added Dumont for nothing, Aliir for not much, Mckenzie for nothing. Finayson for little. Everyone we have moved on hasn't hurt us at all. Ladhams may still yet, but he is public enemy no 1 at Sydney at the moment so us trading him for being a wildcard looks astute at this stage.

There are some busts there, but it's been alot more than 1 good draft and a FA.

I immediately thought of this thread when hearing the JHF breaking news late last night. The clear number 1 pick in his draft class and still contracted. Now the hard part satisfying Norf as they will want the kitchen sink and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I immediately thought of this thread when hearing the JHF breaking news late last night. The clear number 1 pick in his draft class and still contracted. Now the hard part satisfying Norf as they will want the kitchen sink and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

If all else fails for Port, just white ant North Melbourne's best young player.

Proven theory over the last 20 years for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016 Draft - SPP, Marshall, Drew
2017 Draft - didn't have a pick until around 45 - Picked up Hayes and Farrell.
2018 - Draft - Butters/ Rozee/Duursma
2019 - Bergman, Georgiades, Mead
2020 - Lachie Jones
2021 - Sinn (who was injured for most of 2022) and Burgoyne.

Throughout this time we added Dumont for nothing, Aliir for not much, Mckenzie for nothing. Finayson for little. Everyone we have moved on hasn't hurt us at all. Ladhams may still yet, but he is public enemy no 1 at Sydney at the moment so us trading him for being a wildcard looks astute at this stage.

There are some busts there, but it's been alot more than 1 good draft and a FA.
Yeah well

Yeah

Poor old North. They wouldn't possibly offer other club's best players fat contracts. They wouldn't possibly do anything like try to offer a first round pick who played 26 games in their first 2 years pick 38 when the club was 2nd last or poach a player from a club that's the worst in the league. North Melbourne more than happy to shake their arse in front of every AFL player in town, but you do it to their man, and all of a sudden it's no so much fun.

Oh you mean like NM did with Ben Jacobs. Or what about the Geelong contingent who openly rode into town to try and get Boak. The Vics can go and get roayally ****ed with their double standards. Also ok for Richmond to take Tom Lynch and Hopper and Taranto. * me dead double standard or what.

Oh you mean like NM did with Ben Jacobs. Or what about the Geelong contingent who openly rode into town to try and get Boak. The Vics can go and get roayally *ed with their double standards. Also ok for Richmond to take Tom Lynch and Hopper and Taranto. * me dead double standard or what.

I didn’t reference other clubs I referenced the termites that are the Port Adelaide football club.

Do you want me to quote a few posts about Ben Jacobs before he was shopped around by Port from the Port board?

Or have you forgotten Byron Pickett and Daniel Motlop?

I didn’t reference other clubs I referenced the termites that are the Port Adelaide football club.

Do you want me to quote a few posts about Ben Jacobs before he was shopped around by Port from the Port board?

How did Port white ant NM with those two players. Both wanted to leave.

You mean those guys we loaned to you for a few years?

with graham now rejecting them after Dunkley who they chased all year, port have a long history of failing to bring players across to them, Dawson last year opted for Adelaide over port, it’s the same city, so what is exactly is problem at that club? Why do they consistently miss there trade targets?

LOL. What I love is the thorough and insightful analysis.

Now aging like fine Wines.

Any updates from the scalded chook?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back