• Total voters

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wingard to stay at Port Adelaide. Now we can enjoy his 2019.

Leading player manager Tom Petroro has made it clear that Chad Wingard will not be leaving Port Adelaide anytime soon.

“No, no, Chad’s contracted. Kingy’s got a job to speculate and he can throw suggestions because he likes to talk about list management. The reality is, he is a required player at Port and Port and I have had no discussions (about him leaving). I’ve had constant discussions with (list manager) Jason Cripps almost weekly and I haven’t had any discussions with any other clubs. So I wouldn’t have thought that anything was happening there.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm more like this towards Jonas..... Smug, condescending fu**.
Jonas is very much the "This is how much time in my contract it says I have to do media/charity/promotion/photos with sick kids and that's all I'm ******* doing, not a second more" type. The antithesis of Boak really. This is why he is all for the joint captain thing.

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where did he say that?? Tell me he didn’t actually say that??
On SEN a couple of weeks ago..it was a part of his conversation about saying he believes in the co captain model if I remember rightly and he was hoping or expecting it to continue with he and Ollie. Then he mentioned the pedestal thing which sounded a bit weird.
I am not sure he worded it very well or expected it to come out that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duckimus Prime

All Australian
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The team with co captains made ZERO finals this year.

The team with one with the number 1 on his back is playing in a grand final in two weeks time.
I'm honestly surprised that Sutcliffe wore number 50 and not the number 1 when he promoted to playing AFL.

It would be completely fitting for the current administration to do that.

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol, he still doesn't get it.

'I'll just ski in October so if I hurt myself I've got time to recover!'

It's not about timing Ollie. It's about professionalism, commitment and prioritisation.
Yeah. He might not be able to play at his best, but good enough to get his match payments.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

FutureShock

Debutant
May 13, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Listening to both Ollie and Jonas - it sounds more like they are for ‘cocaptains’ because it’s less demanding on them than either of them being a true captain.

Pretty much sums up the deck chair & sunnies culture Ken has inflicted on our club.
I always had the feeling that a main reason for the co-captains was that neither of them are up to the mark to captain and the club knew it but there was no-one else. Hopefully at least one of them will grow into it, but so far I don't get the vibe that either of them quite has the mental makeup for the job. I guess one of the first things they both have to do is get back to their best form, that'll help...there wasn't much leading by example this year.

Top Bottom