• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The anger at Ollie is just so stupid. My guess is 90% of players do something similar, but he gets unlucky and cops 100% of the heat for it.

Giving up a lifelong hobby over a freak accident would be weak as. I’m glad he isn’t doing it so close to the start of the season, but it’s literally pure optics.

He's not giving it up for life! Just the next eight years or so maybe?

When he is 35 he can still waterski.

He won't be able to professional football.

So why does he have to do both when he is 25 and compromise his career?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The consequences?

Missing the preseason
Playing only what? 6 games?
Having to come back through the SANFL twice
Being in s**t form for most games
Letting down the club and his team mates - or at least feeling that way
Feeling like he’s let down himself

All these things are consequences, even the club didn’t pass down any further consequences.

Bugger me mate they aren't 'consequences' in the sense we were talking.

Wingard was pushed out of a place he loved. Ollie was rewarded and had his hand held all season. The fact HIS ACTIONS affected HIS FORM is completely different to the club imposing a punishment on you.

Last edited:

Why? Have you met his partner cocaptain Tom ‘extreme sports not on the couch’ Jonas? Or maybe his coach Kenny ‘good times and don’t take footy seriously’ Hinkley?

The consequences?

Missing the preseason
Playing only what? 6 games?
Having to come back through the SANFL twice
Being in s**t form for most games
Letting down the club and his team mates - or at least feeling that way
Feeling like he’s let down himself

All these things are consequences, even the club didn’t pass down any further consequences.

These are only consequences if we assume he actually cares about his or the team's performance as opposed to just caring about being paid huge amounts of money to play a game you're average at, not work until you're in your 30s, live a celebrity like lifestyle with all the trimmings that come with that, etc.

Hinkley and the club supported the players' 'high risk work-life balance' and continue to support it. They made that clear publicly and at the AGM. Ollie admitted he didn't "time it well" … does that mean he'll do it at a better time of the year?

Jonas made it clear at the beginning of the year that he loves being the underdog. That's his definition of Port Adelaide. What a great set of standards he has. I wonder where he gets that from???? Leaders huh.

Nobody at this club is wise enough anymore to set this bullshit straight.

Hinkley and the club supported the players' 'high risk work-life balance' and continue to support it. They made that clear publicly and at the AGM. Ollie admitted he didn't "time it well" … does that mean he'll do it at a better time of the year?

Jonas made it clear at the beginning of the year that he loves being the underdog. That's his definition of Port Adelaide. What a great set of standards he has. I wonder where he gets that from???? Leaders huh.

Nobody at this club is wise enough anymore to set this bulls**t straight.

This ******* underdog bullshit is the new port. It's what are now.

This shockingly inept battler with ingrained loser mentality. We've lost it big time.

It's no wonder we are absolute trash. We just exist to exist and premiership are too hard for a lil old battler like us.

This ******* underdog bulls**t is the new port. It's what are now.

This shockingly inept battler with ingrained loser mentality. We've lost it big time.

It's no wonder we are absolute trash. We just exist to exist and premiership are too hard for a lil old battler like us.

As Kane cornes said it's too much expectation for a club , gives you an Insight into the weakness of our club has because Kane was a key man of that group and obviously he hears that from players now

This ******* underdog bulls**t is the new port. It's what are now.

The problem with the battler imagery as now espoused by the likes of Koch is that it's a total perversion of what that expression used to mean in the context of the PAFC.

For those of us that grew up in the Port Adelaide area, we knew what it was like to be working class battlers, to be looked down on by the toffs on the other side of town.

The working class battler mentality was not a losing mentality. It was a mentality of achievement, striving to be the best - to do it for yourself and to show that the working class were people with superior standards and values than those of the born to rule brigade and could achieve greater things than the lazy rent seekers.

The PAFC used to embody all these things - a representative and symbol of the working class that stood at the pinnacle of the football world due to its tireless commitment to excellence. An organisation that shunned the establishment and the status quo and transcended it to create something better.

The PAFC was an inspiration to people of my generation who grew up in the local area. I know the example set by the PAFC certainly helped drive me to broaden my horizons and aim high in my working career.

Sadly, it all seems to be gone now. The PAFC has been infiltrated and taken over by the establishment, so it now espouses their way of thinking - that working class battlers are quaint losers who, at best, should know their place in the pecking order and aspire to nothing more than token acknowledgement and acceptance by the establishment.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to go to America with Boak and Charlie.

Sadly, it all seems to be gone now. The PAFC has been infiltrated and taken over by the establishment, so it now espouses their way of thinking - that working class battlers are quaint losers who, at best, should know their place in the pecking order and aspire to nothing more than token acknowledgement and acceptance by the establishment.
This exactly.

Appoint an establishment board and be surprised we get results that favour the establishment? Huh

That description of the working class is the exact patronising ockerism the likes of Scomo play on. Wonder how we picked up LNP strategy...

The problem with the battler imagery as now espoused by the likes of Koch is that it's a total perversion of what that expression used to mean in the context of the PAFC.

For those of us that grew up in the Port Adelaide area, we knew what is was like to be working class battlers, to be looked down on by the toffs on the other side of town.

The working class battler mentality was not a losing mentality. It was a mentality of achievement, striving to be the best - to do it for yourself and to show that the working class were people with superior standards and values than those of the born to rule brigade and could achieve greater things than the lazy rent seekers.

The PAFC used to embody all these things - a representative and symbol of the working class that stood at the pinnacle of the football world due to its tireless commitment to excellence. An organisation that shunned the establishment and the status quo and transcended it to create something better.

The PAFC was an inspiration to people of my generation who grew up in the local area. I know the example set by the PAFC certainly helped drive me to broaden my horizons and aim high in my working career.

These are only consequences if we assume he actually cares about his or the team's performance as opposed to just caring about being paid huge amounts of money to play a game you're average at, not work until you're in your 30s, live a celebrity like lifestyle with all the trimmings that come with that, etc.
And why would anyone assume otherwise lmao

The guy was allegedly in tears blaming himself after missing that shot in the showdown. Sounds like someone just in it for the money?

Its v common for high paid sportspeople to avoid physically dangerous hobbies during their professional careers.

Its disgusting that the standard our co-captains set is that theyll do whatever they ******* want

KTs biggest failings are setting no standards and failing to hold anyone accountable. Its a ******* social club right now.

Trade all our ‘leaders’ to Gold Coast if we can

Yeah I have sincere doubts too many nba / nfl / epl etc players do many extreme sports and if they do and get injured I can only imagine a massive massive shitstorm.

Imagine Messi or Lebron getting injured pretending to be motocross riders or some such. It’s unimaginable.

Even Travis Boak who is the height of professionalism according to this board, surfs regularly.

Not that surfing is particularly dangerous, but if he did his shoulder surfing you can be sure the reaction would be the same.

Comparing surfing to skiing is taking the piss. Have you done both? I have, only one is responsible for my labral tear, and it wasn’t surfing lol.

Surfing isn’t at all an extreme sport unless you go monster wave hunting around the world. It’s a sport that’s as easy to do casually and not get injured as any sport that exists. I suspect there’s more casual golf injuries than casual surf injuries lol.

For those of us that grew up in the Port Adelaide area, we knew what is was like to be working class battlers, to be looked down on by the toffs on the other side of town.

Because I can't like it twice

giphy (1).gif

Yeah I have sincere doubts too many nba / nfl / epl etc players do many extreme sports and if they do and get injured I can only imagine a massive massive s**tstorm.

Imagine Messi or Lebron getting injured pretending to be motocross riders or some such. It’s unimaginable.

Comparing surfing to skiing is taking the piss. Have you done both? I have, only one is responsible for my labral tear, and it wasn’t surfing lol.

Surfing isn’t at all an extreme sport unless you go monster wave hunting around the world. It’s a sport that’s as easy to do casually and not get injured as any sport that exists. I suspect there’s more casual golf injuries than casual surf injuries lol.

785ae4910d2b01903e8b2abeb9c51ef4.jpg

EXTREME!!!!!!!!!

You’ve posted a couple of rippers lately. :thumbsu:

Back