• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Janey

Premium Platinum
Aug 16, 2009
Out to Lunch
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Uncontracted player (not captain) doing his due dilligence and assessing what offers are out there vs contracted captain asking his management to actively seek out interest from rival clubs. The difference is enormous.
As I recall it, Trav's whole reason for looking at moving was because of a genuine family issue, that's why Geelong made sense if he was going to go, not too far from his family. So yes, very different.

glitch01

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Just got the email re Shanghai game tickets..... as usual our real leader is the image used!!
Must be a tough gig being co-captains.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Forzaport

May 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just got the email re Shanghai game tickets..... as usual our real leader is the image used!!
Must be a tough gig being co-captains.

When you fu** up the captaincy decision so badly that your marketing department uses the former captain as point man.

glitch01

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
I’d probably have less of an issue with co-captains if they actually at least acted like captains.
I just don’t see it, I see the likes of Boak,Hartlett, even Dixon on social media and in the media either working on being better players or doing club related things.
If you’re going to accept the position at least take some of the responsibility that comes with it.
I think I must be just getting old and grumpy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
anyone else got a feeling hammer is going to get the number one?

he’s always front and centre lately
Nope. No way will they drop both of them after only one year. It just won't happen. It would be a bad look for the club and not good for either player mentally.

Imo expect co-captains for one more year, then Ollie might leave and it'll be just Jonas on his own or someone else completely.

Last edited:

Smithy7

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
anyone else got a feeling hammer is going to get the number one?

he’s always front and centre lately
Funny you should say that. When I got a call from the club re Membership, I said I was waiting as to what is going on with two Captains.
I said that Hamish should be given it, person agreed, and said he would make a good Captain.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Funny you should say that. When I got a call from the club re Membership, I said I was waiting as to what is going on with two Captains.
I said that Hamish should be given it, person agreed, and said he would make a good Captain.
Telling you what you want to hear.

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
Wow, I've never had someone trying to sell me something agree with anything I've said. ;)

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The annoying thing here is that the PR is so easy.

Pick a captain, and announce it in a press conference where the other one talks about how important it was to have a number 1 running around in our 150th year, and that we knew it was important to the fans who are the club, we are merely the custodians rah rah rah.

Just get it done ffs.

Hammer#8

Premiership Player
May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So the club indirectly acknowledge that having co captains on promotional material is bad for publicity so they use Boak instead.

If they aren't going for captain vs captain of the two teams then why pick Jarryn Geary? Pick any of Ross, Membrey or Billings there to headline it instead to make it less obvious.

Top Bottom