Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters
Honestly it feels like we are AFL SA Team B.

The crowd was silent, golf clapping when we rarely did something good, danced around because a stand won fruchocs.

It's all the crap that AFL SA Team A does.

Lol going to games is ******* horrible these days. It's like going to some bogan reality TV show.

It seems like nothing is about the actual football anymore.

Oh Boy.

It’s going to be a very long year for these two if this continues.

I said right from day 1 of this co-captaincy ass *ery that all it was doing was setting Wines and Jonas up to fail. To no ones surprise this is what's happening and the vitriol and hate will flow like an unrelenting tide.

You do not * with my clubs ******* traditions and history you pack of ******* blow ins.

Lol going to games is ******* horrible these days. It's like going to some bogan reality TV show.

Jarrod Walsh is that troll with the hat from groundhog day, I swear.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Take a look around the league and there are captains that still play their best football and so must be unfazed by the burden of it. So a captain should be able to maintain their good form for the most part of their captaincy tenure and if they can't then they are not or no longer captain types. Boak felt it became necessary for him to stand aside and I accept that but the options that were left to choose from were sadly underwhelming and sounding off alarm bells of trouble at this club.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Take a look around the league and there are captains that still play their best football and so must be unfazed by the burden of it. So a captain should be able to maintain their good form for the most part of their captaincy tenure and if they can't then they are not or no longer captain types. Boak felt it became necessary for him to stand aside and I accept that but the options that were left to choose from were sadly underwhelming and sounding off alarm bells of trouble at this club.
Ryder would have been a Phenomenal decision and a super leader...

Once again, a club tradition has been totally shat on for no meaningful gain. There isn’t even a single shred of evidence that shows this is working to the club’s benefit. Ken and Koch are ******* frauds.

Also, a highly paid club leader popping his shoulder on the eve of the season on a ******* hobby shows you exactly where his mindset is at, and it’s not bringing success to the club.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Also, a highly paid club leader popping his shoulder on the eve of the season on a ******* hobby shows you exactly where his mindset is at, and it’s not bringing success to the club.
Success comes from the Ruthless, Relentless Pursuit of of Perfection. This Regime delivers up a Cautious, Carefree brand of Niceguys... this is not the Port Adelaide football club I grew up supporting...

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Given we lacked the balls to choose any of those options we will never know what might have been

Instead we've given a participation award to two blokes to try to keep them on the list for no money, have given no responsibility or accountability to anyone, and have no leadership whatsoever onfield as a result

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is the entire leadership issue

We take a bold decision to give someone the role and see what happens, we back them in 100%. Pressure causes collapse or it makes diamonds.

Or we chicken out of it, throw our hands up and say all the options are bad so two of you can be captains with neither of you having to take any extra responsibility, then claim it was our only choice when it inevitably fails.

Brave, strong clubs take the first option.

Ryder would have been a Phenomenal decision and a super leader...

b5af8c5a51915aa14b9bcf695fd01e954610f9dbdd162beea1e58201b0e1b253.jpg

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Even Ginever is painfully watered down at half-time.

We put up with condescending rubbish from Walsh, Phillips and now Ginever. Not all of us are happy to quietly sit there during another poor performance and be force fed utopian news about rainbows and unicorns at Alberton, when we can see how grey the clouds are up above Adelaide Oval.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tom Jonas is unfortunately exhibiting the signs of a player who can't cope with the pressure of being a captain and it is affecting his ability to be an adequate player, and to be brutally honest that is really all a player with his skill set could ever be.

Ollie Wines is obviously hampered by a shoulder problem, but to state the bleeding obvious you don't kick with your shoulders and he has always been an ordinary kick, if he played for the mob down the road words like over-rated would be tossed around on this site like confetti.
If he needs a shoulder reconstruction F F S get it done, the club wasted last season f****** around with a half fit Tom Rockliff.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
I said right from day 1 of this co-captaincy ass ******y that all it was doing was setting Wines and Jonas up to fail. To no ones surprise this is what's happening and the vitriol and hate will flow like an unrelenting tide.

You do not **** with my clubs ******* traditions and history you pack of ******* blow ins.

Stop beating around the bush. Get nasty!

Yeah, and we still made him captain AFTER he did that.

We really have become SA AFL Team B. David Koch and Ken Hinkley may have pulled this club from life support in 2013 but now they've shot it in the head. And the worst part is, unlike Duncanson and Primus who were both duds but in their defence they were running off of the smell of an oily rag, this time all the damage is completely self-inflicted.

Tom Rockliff would've made a great captain. Tough, consistent, no nonsense type player. And I take it he's a bit of an arsehole too, which is exactly what this club needs right now.

I actually watch games right now and think we don't have a captain as such. Jonas and Wines are both playing like spuds and neither is wearing the #1 (almost mercifully, to be honest). Boak and Rockliff are the clear on field leaders. It's actually embarrassing for the other two, they should be ashamed.

I said it in January and February in this thread, but so far its been a confirmation that we are bereft of leadership in the football department, that they think we need co-captains to improve,

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wait until you see Dixon's latest YouTube video from last week, Drag racing his monaro, ankle and leg seemed fine.
Was Charlie at any of our games this year, supporting his team mates?

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I said it in January and February in this thread, but so far its been a confirmation that we are bereft of leadership in the football department, that they think we need co-captains to improve,
We are so bereft I was in the Hartlett camp with no confidence at all. I would've even been in a Boak Gray Rockliff mix co captain scenario. But this selection was definitely in the they must see something I don't. As a long time supporter I wasn't buying into they must see something I don't.

Best thing for all concerned would be if Wines booked in for surgery now and just wiped out his season, the club hands Hartlett the #1 on his return to AFL and have him say to Jonas “Look at me, look at me. I’m the captain now.”

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Club doesn’t listen to the supporters and break an amazing tradition we’ve had that kept us different to other clubs.

Go down the co captain route and neither “captain” has done ANYTHING to justify it.

Jonas cost us easy goals last night and Ollie has done nothing since returning except ruin formation and push drew out who was having a bloody good start to the season.

Back