Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best thing for all concerned would be if Wines booked in for surgery now and just wiped out his season, the club hands Hartlett the #1 on his return to AFL and have him say to Jonas “Look at me, look at me. I’m the captain now.”
Sad but true.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wines clearly should have come back through the SANFL, or Drew should have made way for him. We couldn’t commit to a tough decision and paid for it with 2 losses.

I don’t believe we are lacking on field leadership. Boak, Rockliff, Houston and Lycett have all shown shitloads.

Jonas has been OK but he doesn’t feel like the captain to me. Wines has been pretty weak, but we just have to hope he bounces back. At the moment it looks like an absolute disaster appointing him as co-captain. I know it’s not his fault he got injured, but sometimes luck just isn’t on your side and you have to cop it on the chin and bide your time. Should have waited a year perhaps.

We are still desperate for a strong key forward, Robbie and Ryder just aren’t good enough right now, and Westhoff is on another planet.

We’ll need Dixon, Hartlett, Marshall and maybe even Amon and Watts back in the side if we want to win finals I think. Hopefully we can make it there without them, and hopefully they come back strong.

We’ve taken a step back the last fortnite, but it’s a long season.

Stay strong PORTS.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Wines clearly should have come back through the SANFL, or Drew should have made way for him. We couldn’t commit to a tough decision and paid for it with 2 losses.

I don’t believe we are lacking on field leadership. Boak, Rockliff, Houston and Lycett have all shown shitloads.

Jonas has been OK but he doesn’t feel like the captain to me. Wines has been pretty weak, but we just have to hope he bounces back. At the moment it looks like an absolute disaster appointing him as co-captain. I know it’s not his fault he got injured, but sometimes luck just isn’t on your side and you have to cop it on the chin and bide your time. Should have waited a year perhaps.

We are still desperate for a strong key forward, Robbie and Ryder just aren’t good enough right now, and Westhoff is on another planet.

We’ll need Dixon, Hartlett, Marshall and maybe even Amon and Watts back in the side if we want to win finals I think. Hopefully we can make it there without them, and hopefully they come back strong.

We’ve taken a step back the last fortnite, but it’s a long season.

Stay strong PORTS.
Wines should have come back through the twos, Rockliff and SPP did last year. Good enough for the skipper good enough for all!

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really hoping Jonas' struggle isn't because we have less flooding numbers and he can't mindlessly just throw his body out there to spoil the ball.
I’d say it’s more the new rules reducing congestion after a centre bounce requiring players having to cover more space before teammates can drop back. Slow defenders are the ones who are most exposed by this, which is Jonas. He relies on smarts, not height or speed. It’s too early to say the rules have made the game pass him, but to this point of the season he’s either out of form (and should be dropped with Broadbent and Leinert now ready) or the new rules are making him a liability.

Since in reality he won’t be dropped we get more time to see if he’s still got a place in the side going forward. He wouldn’t be the first Port player pushed out by new rules (Primus and Pickett), although if he is, at least this time it wouldn’t be by deliberately targeting one of our players.

Carnegie Oval

Rookie
Feb 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky & Boak are best on field leaders atm. Jonas was NEVER Captain material. He is not a smart footballer and it’s embarrassing when Lynch was intimidating our whole defense and no one stood up. Wines lost me with the skiing injury. He should be apologising to his team mates for his lack of contribution in the last two games because he felt it more important to go water skiing than focusing on a risk free pre season and becoming Captain of our Club.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky & Boak are best on field leaders atm. Jonas was NEVER Captain material. He is not a smart footballer and it’s embarrassing when Lynch was intimidating our whole defense and no one stood up. Wines lost me with the skiing injury. He should be apologising to his team mates for his lack of contribution in the last two games because he felt it more important to go water skiing than focusing on a risk free pre season and becoming Captain of our Club.

Early days but the are looking down the barrel of being our worst ever captains. Fitting given the decision to go with co-captains.

MrMeaner

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m beginning to wonder if it was Boak’s decision to give up the captaincy this year or was it part of the deal to keep Wines. The co-captaincy thing suggests it was and that it wasn’t well-received by his teammates.

If the captaincy AND keeping Ken we’re both conditions without which Wines would have walked, it is up there as one of the worst decisions the club has made recently. There have been quite a few of them.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m beginning to wonder if it was Boak’s decision to give up the captaincy this year or was it part of the deal to keep Wines. The co-captaincy thing suggests it was and that it wasn’t well-received by his teammates.

If the captaincy AND keeping Ken we’re both conditions without which Wines would have walked, it is up there as one of the worst decisions the club has made recently. There have been quite a few of them.

I don't doubt for one second Boak didn't get a say in the matter.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

Up there? It would be easily, hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I still reckon trading Wingard is the biggest balls up in that regard. This would be very close behind.

Trading out a player that had commitment issues is far better than bending over backwards, stripping our captain of his role, and re-contracting an underperforming coach, all to placate another, less talented, player with commitment issues.

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Who was it that copped a late hit by Nankervis after marking at half back and the only one that remonstrated with him was Duursma. Nankervis swatted him away of course but the leadership from anyone was nowhere to be seen.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Who was it that copped a late hit by Nankervis after marking at half back and the only one that remonstrated with him was Duursma. Nankervis swatted him away of course but the leadership from anyone was nowhere to be seen.

Be cautious

Is that a reference to the former oval in Royal Park, SA?? Apologies for taking something of a space-time detour off the topic ;)

The conduct of all of them on social media in the wake of the co-captains announcement said it all. They acted like complete *heads who thought it was hilarious people were so worked up about it.

It's no wonder they ******* suck. I have no doubts that in their mind it created a few voices in their head about playing for the supporters of the club. It's hard to take any of their "we love the fans" stuff seriously after that. I mean sure, its always been contrived but you let yourself believe it until there is evidence otherwise.

Tom "dUh LoOk aT mE sKiNG" Jonas

What a campaigner. I backed him for the captaincy but absolutely no one at the club came out of that saga looking remotely like anything other than a highly paid *******.

What a campaigner. I backed him for the captaincy but absolutely no one at the club came out of that saga looking remotely like anything other than a highly paid *******.

I reckon Boak has carried himself bloody well. Should still be in the #1.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

before this happened either of them probably could have captained alone, when we found out about this wanted neither. Huge error in judgment thinking it was ok, the captain is the one that should be reigning this kind of behaviour in and making sure every one is commited.

I reckon Boak has carried himself bloody well. Should still be in the #1.

No doubt he should be. Think is pretty clear now he didn't have a choice though. Maybe going out with a point to prove every week.

Back