Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

#BringBackTheBoak
bf84d5bc46c0bf927089bbe81806cf86
Acting captain for the showdown.

We've matched peak Primus when not one official leader was available. How's our luck having three injury susceptible leaders picked pre season who aren't available this week ...

Hope Travis reverts to wearing the no 1 guernsey just to stick it up 'em. Then again Boaky will not want to rock the KKK boat so it will not happen.
For all that has happened this week, the KKK should take the initative and: (a) make us play with the Prison Bars (f*ck Eddie and the AFL); and (b) give Boak the #1 guernsey. It would be only for the Showdown, but it doesn't matter.

Make it a surprise. Put NTUA to play, raise the banner (the prison bars, with nothing written on), and let the players march in lead by Boak.

The oval would go completely bananas! Do we want people to be on the club's side? Let's do this.

AFL would gives us a fine; which is ok. We could pay it smiling.

Last edited:
Tom Jonas is pretty impressive in his interviews. I had thought that Ollie would be the one for the media stuff and Jonas for the on field leadership but I tell you what, Jonas is a lot better to listen to and pretty insightful.

Yeah. I'd like him to cease readily claiming that we love being the underdog and to embrace the supporters. I know it is language used by others at the club but I really want our captains to think for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KT admitting co captains was an unpopular decision
It was infuriating listening to KT speak this afternoon. Admitting that the downturn in membership would be in part due to them going down this path and the accummulative affect or our performances of the last few years. No sh*t sherlock. Just maintain the status quo. Don't complain when the downward trend continues.

We should have a eight-man leadership group: a captain and a vice-captain for each line, and a capitain and vice-captain of the youngsters (21 or under at the beginning of the season - for them to exercise and improve leadership).

The squad captain (#1 guernsey) would be one of the three line captains. No official VC.

This season, it would have been:
Backs: Jonas (c); Hartlett (vc)
Mids: Wines (c); Rockliff (vc)
Forwards: Ebert (c); Dixon (vc)
Youngs*: Houston (c); Duursma (vc)

This would avoid any need for co-captaincy. The #1 guernsey would have been given to Wines (after all, he was the next in line after Boak), but Jonas would still have been made captain. No controversy. Everything would have been fine.

We would have only THREE of the eight-man group playing, which is scary. It is even scarier that TWO would be 21 or under.

*Those are my picks. All others in italics were in the 2018 leadership group.

Last edited:
Gees Wines was a much better player in '13 and '14. Why has he declined rather than elevated his game?
Ate too many pies it seems and didn't improve, but has just plateaued. can't kick can't play footy at afl level, basically.

Jacob Wilson of Champion Data on 3AW in late January explained Ollie's average rating at

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-sportsday/jacob-wilson-from-champion-data-explains-why-ollie

Says ball winning elite. Since he debuted in Rd 1 2013, 223 players have had 1,000 kicks or more. His kicking efficiency is the 2nd worst. Shots on goal, he has the worst accuracy for shot on goal.

Gees Wines was a much better player in '13 and '14. Why has he declined rather than elevated his game?
Because our coaching staff haven’t pushed him or helped him develop his weaknesses.

Same reason that Dixon hasn’t improved his marking or goal kicking as a KPF because Ken tells him he just needs to play his role and “bring the ball to ground”.

Ate too many pies it seems and didn't improve, but has just plateaued. can't kick can't play footy at afl level, basically.

Jacob Wilson of Champion Data on 3AW in late January explained Ollie's average rating at

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-sportsday/jacob-wilson-from-champion-data-explains-why-ollie

Says ball winning elite. Since he debuted in Rd 1 2013, 223 players have had 1,000 kicks or more. His kicking efficiency is the 2nd worst. Shots on goal, he has the worst accuracy for shot on goal.

Damning considering he seemed like a reliable shot in 2013 - 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because our coaching staff haven’t pushed him or helped him develop his weaknesses.

Same reason that Dixon hasn’t improved his marking or goal kicking as a KPF because Ken tells him he just needs to play his role and “bring the ball to ground”.

Are we so focused on coaching a team-oriented (shitty) gameplan that we neglect individual skills coaching on a personalised basis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No one at Port is actually expected to be good, just to compete hard, however that doesn't explain some of the deals we've done. One would assume there would be a modicum of expectation of execution, ie, Dixon. We didn't pay the price for an honest competitor.

I don't know how Ken expects us to win when he doesn't care if any of the players actually have good skills and efficiency and stuff.

Last edited:
Are we so focused on coaching a team-oriented (shitty) gameplan that we neglect individual skills coaching on a personalised basis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Choco cops a lot of stick about a lot of things, most are deserved, but he was big on improving kicking and worked with payers individually as well as encouraged them to do extra work.

He went and designed his bloody precision footy and got Sherrin to back him to improve everyone's kicking when he was at Richmond.
https://www.sherrin.com.au/precision

It would be useful if we had a few players and development coaches prepared to make as big a commitment to improving kicking as Choco used to at Ports.

We need the Kick Doctor

https://www.sherrin.com.au/precision#11
9. THE KICK DOCTOR
The Kick Doctor designed by Mark Williams’ is designed for coaches, players, parents and teachers. Receive exclusive kicking mentoring from Premiership Coach Mark Williams.

Back