Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters
Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No I don't think it was planned for one year.

The unpopularity was pretty clear before the club announced it but KT and Hinkley knew better so they went with it anyway. If they were so convinced it was the correct call why drop it after only one season? Where is the courage of their convictions?

If KT drops co-captains after just one season he is admitting it was a monumental feck up. It makes his attempt to soften up the members at the convention for the pending announcement of co-captains look even more pathetic.
At least it's a step in the right direction to go back to traditional one captain.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You appear to have completely missed my point. :)
No I haven’t missed the point.
In my mind the decision was made, they stuffed up big time by going against tradition, it can’t be undone.

You obviously are aggrieved about it, as are many.

So does it matter to you now either way going forward, single or co captains or do you feel the horse has bolted so it doesn’t matter any more?

I am curious

I like how Rucci has his nose so far up the club admins arse, he writes co-captains has been a success.

Then channel 9 a few hours later says co-captains to be scrapped.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
No I haven’t missed the point.
In my mind the decision was made, they stuffed up big time by going against tradition, it can’t be undone.

You obviously are aggrieved about it, as are many.

So does it matter to you now either way going forward, single or co captains or do you feel the horse has bolted so it doesn’t matter any more?

I am curious
I'm not sure I can make my position any clearer.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like how Rucci has his nose so far up the club admins arse, he writes co-captains has been a success.

Then channel 9 a few hours later says co-captains to be scrapped.

If Rucci went to Port Broughton every summer instead of jetting off to Tuscany he'd pretty much be Warren Partland.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Not really
If you've read and understood my posts on the subject you should have realised that I am vehemently opposed to co-captains. Why would I want the abomination that is co-captains to continue under any circumstances? So you either don't understand what has been made very, very clear or you think I have completely lost my mind.

As I posted previously, I don't think I can make it any clearer and I am wondering if you are just taking the piss.

If KT drops co-captains after just one season he is admitting it was a monumental feck up. It makes his attempt to soften up the members at the convention for the pending announcement of co-captains look even more pathetic.

Good. It was a monumental feck up. Better they admit it and cut their losses now rather than stubbornly persist.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

The unpopularity was pretty clear before the club announced it but KT and Hinkley knew better so they went with it anyway. If they were so convinced it was the correct call why drop it after only one season? Where is the courage of their convictions?

Even AFLX lasted 2 years. Shows you what a sh1t decision it was.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Surely Jonas was just appointed cause of Ollie's unfortunate pre season...and it's Wines long term..

But we have a history of monumentally ******* up that decision...

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

KT wont be here to do it, he'll be the scape goat to try and appease the members. Everything is his fault remember.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely Jonas was just appointed cause of Ollie's unfortunate pre season...and it's Wines long term..

But we have a history of monumentally ******* up that decision...

Personally ranked them Jonas Hartlett then Wines at the time. Although to have that time again I may say Hartlett #1.

Ollie wasn’t on top of his own game let alone the clubs, he would need to start consistently impacting games rather than once every 2 months. I know the club thought he’d go to the next level with responsibility but they gave him a terrible platform to start off with making him the first co-Captain and it’s only getting worse.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Personally ranked them Jonas Hartlett then Wines at the time. Although
Agreed I'm the same, Hartlett 1, 2 and 3 atm...

But Wines was the chosen one ages ago, I think they just blinked for a variety of reasons.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My original reaction was great can do without him, if we get a good deal. but with Boak, Rockliff and Ebert all out the door he probably fits in fine with team balance going forward. even with SPP in the same mix.

Back