• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No I don't think it was planned for one year.

The unpopularity was pretty clear before the club announced it but KT and Hinkley knew better so they went with it anyway. If they were so convinced it was the correct call why drop it after only one season? Where is the courage of their convictions?

If KT drops co-captains after just one season he is admitting it was a monumental feck up. It makes his attempt to soften up the members at the convention for the pending announcement of co-captains look even more pathetic.

To be fair KT kinda tried to stop it from happening in the first place. Well he warned everyone that exactly this would happen, but if the coaching staff and playing group wanted it, he would back them in.

Not mad at him in the slightest. You cant have the CEO forcing leadership and on-field decisions on the coaches and playing group. That happened in the Primus era and proved to be a monumental fk up.

Let the coaches and players decide that side of things and blame them when it goes wrong.

Noticed c4 posting on North's board that they are after Wines.

Surely he'd be more likely to end up somewhere like Carlton.

Anyone know who Ollie barracked for before being drafted? From memory, it was the Blues?
You'd be right there. Family connections.
Wines' great uncle was Clinton Wines. Played for Carlton 945–1946, including the "Bloodbath" 1945 VFL Grand Final.

You kidding? Boak inproved because he was played in position after 3 years playing HFF. Captaincy had zero to do with it. Boak should still be captain and would be had Hinkley not tried to re-invent him.
This even Boak said he's loving being back in the middle..

This all started coz wines was injured and he was asked to play his role.

Now wines can't find a spot in this side basically.

So if this is true that he wants out, and as I said before, it doesn't mean we will let him go, it continues a pattern of the last few trade periods of senior players who were considered best 18 players at one point in their career.

2016 - shop Hartlett around to see if he really wants to commit to the club.
2017 - Jacko, told if you want to go, you are free to do so, as we wont guarantee you a game and slash your base.
2018 - Wingard, games played
2019 - Wines, more potential BS coming

Excellent quote from Roughead: "I'm not bigger than the club"

If Wines is truly meant to lead us then he will put the club first and dig in and make next year his best so far. He has the ability to do it as we all know.

If he chooses to leave then he does us a favour as he was never fit to lead our club.

Excellent quote from Roughead: "I'm not bigger than the club"

If Wines is truly meant to lead us then he will put the club first and dig in and make next year his best so far. He has the ability to do it as we all know.

If he chooses to leave then he does us a favour as he was never fit to lead our club.
That's why they won 3 in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C4 said mid-season that Coniglio was staying at GWS.
Things change. There's no reason why the situation at mid-season is the same as the situation now, is the same as the situation during the trade period.
C4 can only report what he hears at the time, he can't predict the ultimate result ahead of time while it's still being negotiated.

I expect he'll stay, the rumour despite C4 being pretty reliable just is too far removed from his actions and words for mine. Has always been a guy to put his heart on his sleeve, this year would not have been much fun for him but would be shocked knowing what we know of his personality if he didn't want to atone for the disjointed season he's predominantly experienced due to the off-season mishap.

It's a shame he's copped the brunt of supporter base frustration for the two-captains decision. That should not be the case but does show the depth to which some are limited to thinking to.

To be fair KT kinda tried to stop it from happening in the first place. Well he warned everyone that exactly this would happen, but if the coaching staff and playing group wanted it, he would back them in.

Not mad at him in the slightest. You cant have the CEO forcing leadership and on-field decisions on the coaches and playing group. That happened in the Primus era and proved to be a monumental fk up.

Let the coaches and players decide that side of things and blame them when it goes wrong.
Disagree.

It is KT's role to be the level head who sees the big picture and to quash ideas from the coach that will damage the fabric of the PAFC for no measurable gain. It isn't Hinkley who has to answer to the board for the $250K in lost membership revenue that KT attributed to the co-captains decision.

Would you be happy if the club didn't wear the prison bars ever again because Hinkley decided he didn't want the playing group wearing them?

Disagree.

It is KT's role to be the level head who sees the big picture and to quash ideas from the coach that will damage the fabric of the PAFC for no measurable gain. It isn't Hinkley who has to answer to the board for the $250K in lost membership revenue that KT attributed to the co-captains decision.

Would you be happy if the club didn't wear the prison bars ever again because Hinkley decided he didn't want the playing group wearing them?

a uniform is very different to who is selected on field leaders, which is a playing group/coaching decision.

Wearing the prison bar top is purely a marketing decision.

What top we wear, KT should have massive imput

What the coaches and players decide to do on field. KT should have no say

a uniform is very different to who is selected on field leaders, which is a playing group/coaching decision. ....
You have missed the point completely. I'm not saying that the coach and/or playing group shouldn't decide who is the captain and vice-captain(s). They can select a 40 man "leadership group" if they want.

Having one captain who wears the #1 guernsey was a 149 year old PAFC tradition which was destroyed by the senior coach on a whim and KT, despite knowing the decision was hugely unpopular with the membership, allowed it.

Ironic that someone who has the prison bars as their avatar doesn't understand the history and traditions of the PAFC.

You'd be right there. Family connections.
Wines' great uncle was Clinton Wines. Played for Carlton 945–1946, including the "Bloodbath" 1945 VFL Grand Final.

If this rumour is true Ollie will go to whichever Melbourne club makes the best trade offer. That may well be Carlton, but he’s contracted to Port for another three years so we hold a pretty handy whip hand here.

Honestly what was the point of getting a guy with football background as CEO if the role supposedly meant he could never have even fringe input in the football department.

Excluding one department from a critical eye and never saying no isn’t being a CEO, its collecting a paycheck

You have missed the point completely. I'm not saying that the coach and/or playing group shouldn't decide who is the captain and vice-captain(s). They can select a 40 man "leadership group" if they want.

Having one captain who wears the #1 guernsey was a 149 year old PAFC tradition which was destroyed by the senior coach on a whim and KT, despite knowing the decision was hugely unpopular with the membership, allowed it.

Ironic that someone who has the prison bars as their avatar doesn't understand the history and traditions of the PAFC.

Oh i get it, I just 100% blame ken for it and less so KT for the reasons ive already said.

Co-Captains is a terrible idea and I blame ken.

In the end this is trivial, I blame just ken, you blame ken and KT.

Would have been gutted by Ollie wanting out a few years back, now meh. Get the best deal , play Drew and set the team up for the next five years with an early draft pick or two.

I expect he'll stay, the rumour despite C4 being pretty reliable just is too far removed from his actions and words for mine. Has always been a guy to put his heart on his sleeve, this year would not have been much fun for him but would be shocked knowing what we know of his personality if he didn't want to atone for the disjointed season he's predominantly experienced due to the off-season mishap.

It's a shame he's copped the brunt of supporter base frustration for the two-captains decision. That should not be the case but does show the depth to which some are limited to thinking to.
This is a good 'positive' post.
Unlike some other 'positive' posters who are clearly just in denial.

Back