• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more like this towards Jonas..... Smug, condescending fu**.

Jonas is very much the "This is how much time in my contract it says I have to do media/charity/promotion/photos with sick kids and that's all I'm ******* doing, not a second more" type. The antithesis of Boak really. This is why he is all for the joint captain thing.

I lol’d at Jonas saying he wouldn’t want to be a solo captain as people would put him on a pedestal and all that.
Then maybe he's not cutout for the job.

Where did he say that?? Tell me he didn’t actually say that??
On SEN a couple of weeks ago..it was a part of his conversation about saying he believes in the co captain model if I remember rightly and he was hoping or expecting it to continue with he and Ollie. Then he mentioned the pedestal thing which sounded a bit weird.
I am not sure he worded it very well or expected it to come out that way.

The team with co captains made ZERO finals this year.

The team with one with the number 1 on his back is playing in a grand final in two weeks time.
I'm honestly surprised that Sutcliffe wore number 50 and not the number 1 when he promoted to playing AFL.

It would be completely fitting for the current administration to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, he still doesn't get it.

'I'll just ski in October so if I hurt myself I've got time to recover!'

It's not about timing Ollie. It's about professionalism, commitment and prioritisation.
Yeah. He might not be able to play at his best, but good enough to get his match payments.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to both Ollie and Jonas - it sounds more like they are for ‘cocaptains’ because it’s less demanding on them than either of them being a true captain.

Pretty much sums up the deck chair & sunnies culture Ken has inflicted on our club.
I always had the feeling that a main reason for the co-captains was that neither of them are up to the mark to captain and the club knew it but there was no-one else. Hopefully at least one of them will grow into it, but so far I don't get the vibe that either of them quite has the mental makeup for the job. I guess one of the first things they both have to do is get back to their best form, that'll help...there wasn't much leading by example this year.

Ollie’s reflections on the year

The anger at Ollie is just so stupid. My guess is 90% of players do something similar, but he gets unlucky and cops 100% of the heat for it.

Giving up a lifelong hobby over a freak accident would be weak as. I’m glad he isn’t doing it so close to the start of the season, but it’s literally pure optics.

Honestly he could probably have just said “I’ll never ski again” and just done it anyway and no one would be the wiser unless he got extremely unlucky and injured himself again.

Its v common for high paid sportspeople to avoid physically dangerous hobbies during their professional careers.

Its disgusting that the standard our co-captains set is that theyll do whatever they ******* want

KTs biggest failings are setting no standards and failing to hold anyone accountable. Its a ******* social club right now.

Trade all our ‘leaders’ to Gold Coast if we can

Its v common for high paid sportspeople to avoid physically dangerous hobbies during their professional careers.

Its disgusting that the standard our co-captains set is that theyll do whatever they ******* want

KTs biggest failings are setting no standards and failing to hold anyone accountable. Its a ******* social club right now.

Trade all our ‘leaders’ to Gold Coast if we can
You could replace "high paid" with "professional" or "driven".

It's pretty clear, from their words and actions, our co-captains are in an environment of low accountability and expectation because every time members, crowds, supporters or the odd media person applies the blow torch, they get very defensive and look to "ignore the outside noise".

Translation, they retreat to their happy place- a Board that puts no real expectation on themselves, the players...or the coach.

I have no doubt, right now, Alberton is full of professional nodders and back slappers.

The anger at Ollie is just so stupid. My guess is 90% of players do something similar, but he gets unlucky and cops 100% of the heat for it.

Giving up a lifelong hobby over a freak accident would be weak as. I’m glad he isn’t doing it so close to the start of the season, but it’s literally pure optics.

Honestly he could probably have just said “I’ll never ski again” and just done it anyway and no one would be the wiser unless he got extremely unlucky and injured himself again.
Hurting yourself on a wakeboard when your doing backflips isn’t a freak accident. It’s common. Severe shoulder injuries and ACLs are two of the most common injuries for advanced wakeboarding. Trying to pass it off as a freak accident is a cop out.

It's literally not optics. Our captain literally missed games and was likely limited in his performance when he did play because of this incident.

It's unprofessional. Full stop. The notion that a professional athlete can maintain hobbies that put his body (the tool of his trade) at risk is absurd. He should be entirely dedicated to his football career at all times - in his hobbies, in what he eats, in what he drinks.

What this incident and the reaction to it by the players and club confirms is what Paul Roos has long said - AFL players are only semi professional. They have an inordinate amount of days off, they have a lengthy off season, they don't behave like professionals with respect to drinking, etc. Of course there are exceptions, guys like Travis Boak for example. But by and large, the behaviours and expectations are semi professional not professional.

Back