• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just really pissed off at all of Wines BS after him being my favourite player since he was drafted. Has he even had surgery yet?
Its absolutely correct, on the verge of being made captain ruins his shoulder then to make up for that tries to walk out on the club less then 12 months later ?

He had his chance to be captain and s**t on it twice, in the same year.
Hey, I understand the anger and frustration. Some very iffy decisions, and Carlton-gate will haunt him, but this "I am not renewing if he is made captain" talk is beyond silly!

We have made out anger and distaste known to the club in no uncertain manner. And if the KKKs and the captains weren't aware, or had forgotten about the passion of the supports of this club, they have been forcibly reminded.

Whatever happens with the captaincy, be it Co captaincy, Wines, Jonas, or even someone else, it is going to anger some section of the supporters. This mess is not going to be an easy fix. It's certainly not time to be "taking our football and going home" every time we don't agree with something!

Although I agree with most of you that Ollie can’t be captain, I don’t hold anything against Wines. I would do the exact same thing, why stay at this club at present time. Run by an idiot chairman and CEO that can’t get sponsors. Coached by an idiot that can’t win games. Direction of the club changing each year. Now we are rebuilding, the time we are maybe good Ollie will be 28-29 and career nearly over. If I was from Victoria I would also be on the first plane out.

Can’t blame him. But he can’t captain

Although I agree with most of you that Ollie can’t be captain, I don’t hold anything against Wines. I would do the exact same thing, why stay at this club at present time. Run by an idiot chairman and CEO that can’t get sponsors. Coached by an idiot that can’t win games. Direction of the club changing each year. Now we are rebuilding, the time we are maybe good Ollie will be 28-29 and career nearly over. If I was from Victoria I would also be on the first plane out.

Yeah go to a super dooper club like Carlton.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You need to have a good look at what bullying really is!
Why? Rendaw doesn't want to renew if Wines is captain. Because they refuse to use their own money on a discretionary spend they deem not worthy you call them a child. You are either trying to coerce Rendaw to renew despite their reasoning for not wanting to spend their money on it or just plainly belittling them.

If you still think what you are saying is not at all hypocritical then what bullying were you talking about the other day towards people that post anything positive?

But wasn’t it Ollie that wanted Ken to be his coach?

Why? Rendaw doesn't want to renew if Wines is captain. Because they refuse to use their own money on a discretionary spend they deem not worthy you call them a child. You are either trying to coerce Rendaw to renew despite their reasoning for not wanting to spend their money on it or just plainly belittling them.

If you still think what you are saying is not at all hypocritical then what bullying were you talking about the other day towards people that post anything positive?
Seriously...Get off the can! There is no comparison between the two!

If I say something childish and petulant, and you call me out, i will take it on the chin because I know I was being a d!ck. That's one thing. But if I state an opinion on a football matter, or a club matter, and then get attacked by a group of posters belittling and deriding me, not even once, but multiple times.... Well that is completely different matter. And it happens often here!

As I said, go take another look through the boards to see what bulling really is.

The only things I know about Vanstone the director of a football club is that she's an sanfl South supporter, she tweeted that we should stay the course like Peggy O'Neil, and she's been a director for close to Hinkley’s coaching tenure. I'm most concerned about the tweet.
I'm not defending Vanstone just asking why she is being singled out.

She may be a South Adelaide supporter in the SNAFL but there is at least one other board member who openly supports another AFL club. I would have thought that is a bigger conflict of interest.

I'm not defending Vanstone just asking why she is being singled out.

She may be a South Adelaide supporter in the SNAFL but there is at least one other board member who openly supports another AFL club. I would have thought that is a bigger conflict of interest.

Yeah re Ransom is a big issue and what the hell is our club about when it sought to have her appointed.

Re I didn't think you were defending Vanstone. Her Richmond comparison killed my hope in her.

so he didn't go for a full operation before the skiing incident, instead a cleanup, then he ended up having the accident and needing an operation - was that the same shoulder? and now what? still more cleanups and not proper surgery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t boak seriously entertain offers to join Geelong and then only weeks later was appointed captain of the PAFC?

How is this different to wines manager sniffing around at other options?

I’m not that thrilled that wines was allegedly entertaining a move to Carlton, but I haven’t completely given up on him because of it.

Didn’t boak seriously entertain offers to join Geelong and then only weeks later was appointed captain of the PAFC?

I’m not that thrilled that wines was allegedly entertaining a move to Carlton, but I haven’t completely given up on him because of it.

Was less of boak entertaining offers, it was more Geelong flying everyone here to beg him to come home.

Uncontracted player (not captain) doing his due dilligence and assessing what offers are out there vs contracted captain asking his management to actively seek out interest from rival clubs. The difference is enormous.

Heya folks, I’ve been a Port Adelaide member and die hard supporter since I was born but that’s all changed now because Wines isn’t my first choice as captain and so I’m tearing up my renewal forms.

If Tom Jonas was captain instead I’d definitely be re-signing and going every game but now I’m going to take up skiing instead.

thnks fr th mmrs

Uncontracted player (not captain) doing his due dilligence and assessing what offers are out there vs contracted captain asking his management to actively seek out interest from rival clubs. The difference is enormous.
As I recall it, Trav's whole reason for looking at moving was because of a genuine family issue, that's why Geelong made sense if he was going to go, not too far from his family. So yes, very different.

Just got the email re Shanghai game tickets..... as usual our real leader is the image used!!
Must be a tough gig being co-captains.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When you * up the captaincy decision so badly that your marketing department uses the former captain as point man.

Back