• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d probably have less of an issue with co-captains if they actually at least acted like captains.
I just don’t see it, I see the likes of Boak,Hartlett, even Dixon on social media and in the media either working on being better players or doing club related things.
If you’re going to accept the position at least take some of the responsibility that comes with it.
I think I must be just getting old and grumpy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

anyone else got a feeling hammer is going to get the number one?

he’s always front and centre lately
I don't know if it means anything, but noticed he was the one taking all the new recruits out for dinner before their first training session at the club.

I don't know if it means anything, but noticed he was the one taking all the new recruits out for dinner before their first training session at the club.
Well that's a lot better than Wines taking them wakeboarding.

Nope. No way will they drop both of them after only one year. It just won't happen. It would be a bad look for the club and not good for either player mentally.

Imo expect co-captains for one more year, then Ollie might leave and it'll be just Jonas on his own or someone else completely.

Last edited:

Funny you should say that. When I got a call from the club re Membership, I said I was waiting as to what is going on with two Captains.
I said that Hamish should be given it, person agreed, and said he would make a good Captain.

Funny you should say that. When I got a call from the club re Membership, I said I was waiting as to what is going on with two Captains.
I said that Hamish should be given it, person agreed, and said he would make a good Captain.
Wow, I've never had someone trying to sell me something agree with anything I've said. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The annoying thing here is that the PR is so easy.

Pick a captain, and announce it in a press conference where the other one talks about how important it was to have a number 1 running around in our 150th year, and that we knew it was important to the fans who are the club, we are merely the custodians rah rah rah.

Just get it done ffs.

So the club indirectly acknowledge that having co captains on promotional material is bad for publicity so they use Boak instead.

If they aren't going for captain vs captain of the two teams then why pick Jarryn Geary? Pick any of Ross, Membrey or Billings there to headline it instead to make it less obvious.

Lots of people want hammer I can't play midfield it's to hard as captain? Didn't we trade Howard for this reason? Boak should if stayed capt or Ollie sole captain what a dog's breakfast.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
Either way the melts will happen. I wish we could move on.
Why would the club be damned for admitting that half-captains was a feck up of enormous proportions, that they are sorry for destroying a club tradition that had existed since establishment and that from 2020 onwards the club would only ever have one captain and that player would wear the #1?

To sweeten things with the membership they could also announce Hinkley's sacking at the same press conference. ;)

Why would the club be damned for admitting that half-captains was a feck up of enormous proportions, that they are sorry for destroying a club tradition that had existed since establishment and that from 2020 onwards the club would only ever have one captain and that player would wear the #1?

To sweeten things with the membership they could also announce Hinkley's sacking at the same press conference. ;)

Announce that and they can give us 45 co-captains for all I care, I'm still walking away happy.

Who cares who's captain. Absolutely none of them are good onfield leaders.
I am on record saying that I never thought Boak was a good on-field captain. People forget that he led us through multiple embarrassing capitulations over the years. However, given the current situation, he was still stands head and shoulders over the rest.

Back