Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am on record saying that I never thought Boak was a good on-field captain. People forget that he led us through multiple embarrassing capitulations over the years. However, given the current situation, he was still stands head and shoulders over the rest.
Of course but he's a better footballer without the responsibility

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am on record saying that I never thought Boak was a good on-field captain. People forget that he led us through multiple embarrassing capitulations over the years. However, given the current situation, he was still stands head and shoulders over the rest.
Sure he wasn't perfect, but most of those were after he was shifted out of the midfield to a position he was in no position to lift the team.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why would the club be damned for admitting that half-captains was a feck up of enormous proportions, that they are sorry for destroying a club tradition that had existed since establishment and that from 2020 onwards the club would only ever have one captain and that player would wear the #1?
My point is in replying to your previous comment about them not being on the poster.
If they do put them on the poster there is outrage and hysteria that they will remain co captains and yet when they don’t put them on there is still outrage. Can’t win either way.

To sweeten things with the membership they could also announce Hinkley's sacking at the same press conference. ;)

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just received our "thank you for renewing" emails from the Club. I'm assuming that the marketing department included this picture of all of our captains.

pafc1.jpg

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
Either way the melts will happen. I wish we could move on.

Tend to disagree. If they had used the captains on the game promo I probably wouldn’t have even commented.
The fact that the either the club is consciously not using them or that the captains seem to be “absent” a lot is what annoys me.
As I said elsewhere I would be a lot less “outraged “ if they at least acted like captains and I’m guessing a lot of other people would be too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Damned if they put them on the poster and still damned if they didn’t
was my point.
Outrage whatever they do from now on. I am pretty well over the constant outrage myself though🙏😬

So we should just accept their incompetence? Make peace not war? The idiots are sticking fat with decisions that are killing our club.

I wish I could do more than just be outraged on a forum. I'm pretty sure my e-mails are now blocked by Keith Thomas (the spineless prick).

What other avenues do I have other than having a whinge here?

I renewed my membership in spite of the terrible way the club is being managed so I don't have that.

I hope guys like Alyx keep fighting the good fight or the club and AFL might believe they really are good to keep cruising along.

Damned if they put them on the poster and still damned if they didn’t
was my point.
Outrage whatever they do from now on. I am pretty well over the constant outrage myself though🙏😬

Despite the constant negative press covfefe Hinkley.

doubling down on co-captains because it would look bad if we canned it after 1 year is such a cop out

Admit it was a huge ******* mistake and make things right while you still can
Ken Hinkley does not admit mistakes.

This means our 10th placing now makes us the highest ranking of the 5 teams still running with co captains.

The other 4 finished 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.
It almost looks like appointing co-captains as a response to weak leadership options doesn’t make you a better team.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This means our 10th placing now makes us the highest ranking of the 5 teams still running with co captains.

The other 4 finished 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.
Wooooo!! Conditional co-Captain champs! This is almost as great as when we were 11-4 or whatever and missed the finals

I can’t remember if I have posted this before but I’m confident that we would have made finals with a single captain despite having Ken as coach. We torched our season before it began.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can’t remember if I have posted this before but I’m confident that we would have made finals with a single captain despite having Ken as coach. We torched our season before it began.
It was divisive! Off-field it delivered a crap storm that inundated and distracted the club. It divided and infuriated the supporter base. It brought undue media attention to the newly appointed captains that they weren't expecting, and were unprepared to handle. On field it was a non-event, at best!

Hands down the worst decision the club has ever made, eclipsing the reappointing of Choco and Hinkley IMO. They were seriously bad decisions, but this one tore at, and eroded, the very fabric of the club.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was divisive! Off-field it delivered a crap storm that inundated and distracted the club. It divided and infuriated the supporter base. It brought undue media attention to the newly appointed captains that they weren't expecting, and were unprepared to handle. On field it was a non-event, at best!

Hands down the worst decision the club has ever made, eclipsing the reappointing of Choco and Hinkley, IMO. They were seriously bad decisions, but this one tore at, and eroded, the very fabric of the club.
The worse part was they new the members were dead set against it but done it anyway.

I’m not a fan of dual captains but I doubt it made one ounce of negative difference on field. Unless it caused divides which it didn’t appear to do.

What it did was divide/ignore the supporter base, and the flow on impact of that.

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Boak plays better when he's not captain, let's leave him to it. There's others who can do the job.

Back