Roast Port Adelaide Book of Feuds

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we could have a thread where we lay out every reason (be they fair or not) for hating/disliking the opposition club in the next round. Opposition fans, this is a 'banterable' thread, but please remember the aim here is to take the piss out of your club, so don't enter if easily offended.

Our AFL rivalries are new and building, our SANFL rivalries are a mixture of sympathy and schadenfreude.

Chapter 1
Sydney Swans

Chapter 2
Brisbane Lions

Chapter 3
Essendon Bombers

Chapter 4
Geelong Cats

Last edited:
I hate sydney because they always seem to beat us.

They didn’t last year, and won’t this year so I guess I don’t care about them anymore?

1997, home game, we kicked 4.17 as Sydney introduced us to a flooding game our side was not even remotely equipped to deal with. I was watching from the Members at Footy Park and it was one of the shittiest piles of s**t I've ever seen. * Sydney.

when adam goodes pushed jarman impey into jack hombsch mid air and almost killed them both (figuratively) and no whistle was blown

but you know, if i booed him for that it was because im a filthy racist of course.....

when adam goodes pushed jarman impey into jack hombsch mid air and almost killed them both (figuratively) and no whistle was blown

but you know, if i booed him for that it was because im a filthy racist of course.....
And when Buddy did it (can't remember who to).

Hombsch. Then ran into an open goal square and sealed the game.

While looking back at the umpire incredulous that a free kick wasn’t being paid against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who remembers the f*****g 2003 QF?

Or was that performance more to do with ourselves?
I was at that. I remember seeing Nick Stevens lining up forward before the bounce. And it all went down hill from there. Though that was more to do with ourselves.

I'll add I hate Sydney for the Good bloke Goodes patented pushes and knee slides. Up there with Luke Hodge as thugs who've an unearned reputation as fair players. Except Goodes somehow managed to take it a step further into a good bloke for all Australian's not just footy supporters.

Otherwise really only as they've had our measure. Since Roos took over as coach there they've played how Port played in the SANFL in many ways. Big bodied players, who run fancier opponents into the ground. I hate that it's been them doing it for more than a decade and not us.

Porquenolosdos.jpg

I actually quite like the Swans and admire them greatly. They are everything I want Port to be.
I hate them because people say s**t like this.

I actually quite like the Swans and admire them greatly. They are everything I want Port to be.
Yes. I can't hate them. They are the only other club l actually like. The rest l either hate or don't really care about. I do hate losing to them but that's more about us than them. I think it is weak to hate a team just because they are regularly better than you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back