Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 1 - Eade + fish.

Episode 2 - Smithson + goat.

Episode 3 - Caleb + fountain pen.

It's shaping up to be an epic series.

I press "Like" and comes the question:
"Are you sure you want to like this post?"

WTF?!?!

If Richmond are guilty of anything it's demonstrating to us that we needed a change in coach. It's not their fault we didn't do anything with their lesson.

They also had the decency to * Troy Chaplin off before winning anything.

Happy enough if they win another flag. Better them than West Coast, Geelong or Adelaide.

Resentful that their Premiership erroded one my the surest things in my lifetime - that Richmond are dross and that every time their supporters get excited it is going to lead to inevitable and hilarious disappointment.

That said, I respect them for putting in a good showing early for their Premiership defense. Significantly better than the dross that Footscray dished up last year and continue to dish up.

Resentful that their Premiership erroded one my the surest things in my lifetime - that Richmond are dross and that every time their supporters get excited it is going to lead to inevitable and hilarious disappointment.

That said, I respect them for putting in a good showing early for their Premiership defense. Significantly better than the dross that Footscray dished up last year and continue to dish up.

Using dross twice in this post was typical Dylan8 dross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've got no issue with Richmond either now that Chaplin and Matt Thomas are no longer there. Plus, they did us a favour last year.

For earning a flag after 30 years of #fail that was SO comforting to the rest of us underachievers, for doing that without a hint of the last 30 years of financial basket cases, exploding celery caps, Bradburys, one-trick-pony w***ery, COLA, substance abuse of all flavors, draft F/S jaggery, rewards-for-tanking Malthouse-ery, #freekickhawthorn-ery, or #AFL-written-fairytale-script-ery... and so leaving us behind to be noted as the #bigflakes of this modern era even though our own flag in 2004 was arguably the only truly "untainted" flag, well, since your own previous win in 1982... for that... I sort of hate you.

But it's pretty mild compared to most of my other hates ;)

My issues with Richmond, are more with Port. How our best game since our 2004 flag, the 2014 EF, has seen them win a flag since then, whilst we’ve gone backwards. That and they gave us Lade, and we’ve used him as a forward coach, despite him obviously not up to it. A Trojan horse gift, to get us back for Chaplin.

Though their fans have really embraced the whole ‘my side won the flag, so I know more about football then you’ more then any other sides fans on BigFooty, in my time here (2002 onwards). WTF? Your teams flag doesn’t confer some mythical football knowledge to plebs in the outer. If it worked like that, then the likes of Cameron Ling would be an estute purveyor of intelligent viewpoints, rather then Cletus the slack jawed yokel given a microphone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back