Roast Port Adelaide Book of Feuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember that game at home vs GWS a few years ago where our whole side put the aggression levels up to 11 and won the game off the back of that? That was some great stuff.
The one where Ah Chee went 25+3 and was blasting handballs and taking hangers all game? Yeah I memba. That was also the height of the Butcher renaissance iirc.

Naturally you'd hate GWS because of the plethora of draft picks they received. The Jeremy Cameron incident a few weeks ago really riled me and I really, really want them to fail now because of that and hope that Jeremy Cameron tastes very little success in his career.

Toby Greene and Heath Shaw...
Conversely I love GWS because:-

1.:D We have a lot of first round draft picks

2. Toby Greene is a rich man's Ollie Wines

3. We dont require a multi generational commitment from our supporters currently, but it come.

4. Ample elbow room and comfort at Spotless.

5. It's cool

images.jpeg

Roy Masters likes changing the i in giants for an r

Reckons they are GWS Grants from the AFL. They definitely have got plenty of freebies from the AFL to build a club in an area no existing club was screaming out for to join the AFL like Southport Sharks did for years on the Gold Coast. I don't think existing Australian Football fans were screaming out for a team in that area. I don't think the boys and girls in Blacktown were screaming out and that was supposed to be their base.

GWS are full of w*nkers such as Green, Cameron, Shaw.

They need to be taught that a team full of individual star talent will never beat a team effort. Please Port let's play out of our skins and crush them.

They are going to roll into town smelling the blood in the water. Arrogant pricks.

GWS are full of w*nkers such as Green, Cameron, Shaw.

They need to be taught that a team full of individual star talent will never beat a team effort. Please Port let's play out of our skins and crush them.

They are going to roll into town smelling the blood in the water. Arrogant pricks.
Toby Green might be a w*nker, but stick a Port guernsey on him and I'd love him ;)

goes without saying. I used to be triggered by the Motlop finger twirl. But now I just would love to be seeing it more often. Things change.
Lindsay Thomas, case in point too.
Here's hoping for a record number of finger twirls on Sunday afternoon.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS disrespected one of our club greats like you wouldn't believe and I'm still mad as hell about it.

Rewind back to 2011 (or maybe 2012?) and the Giants were playing the Swans and Suns way out west at Blacktown in some sorta NAB Cup knockout carnival bullshit, with 40min games or some such.

Anyway, I covered it for afl.com and I'm waiting by the main gate to get my all access media lanyard when I see Choco approach the nice old lady official manning the turnstile.

That's name on the locker, premiership-winning player and coach and Hall of Famer Mark "Choco" Williams, fam.

Decked out in oh-ficcial Giants gear, Choco politely asked the nice old lady if he could get a mate in for free. Instantly, she turned into a ferocious, fire-breathing Orange Coat. Basically, a GWS version of the Red Coats that terrorized SANFL fans at Footy Park for 39 years.

Choco cajoled and begged and pleaded with her but she wasn't having any of it. No way, uh-ah, nope. Choco being Choco, he persisted. Orange Coat being Orange Coat, she resisted. And he didn't expect to meet such fierce resistance.

The main problem was that she had absolutely NFI who he was.

In his Giants tee, shorts and sneakers, he could've been any mug punter who rocked up that day to see Izzy Folau run around (Izzy was out with injury that day but he still made an impact with his face on every f@%king piece of promo material.)

Eventually, Choco gave up. A beaten man, completely emasculated, he slunked back to the Giants changeroom with his head bowed and tail between his legs. He pulled out his mobile phone and rang his mate.

"Yeah, mate, you're gonna have to pay at the gate."

Moments later, Izzy Folau walked through with his entourage and the giddy ol' battleaxe waved them through before anyone could even think about putting their hands in their pockets.

Slay the Giants for Choco, Ports...

Last edited:
I want to hate GWS because they've essentially been gifted a great team with all their draft picks and AFL assistance, they are a plastic club, etc etc, but I actually kind of respect them. The fact that Gold Coast are an absolute rabble and haven't managed to do anything with the resources the AFL gave them makes me respect the Giants for actually developing a surplus of fantastic players like Greene, Cameron, Kelly, Shiel and the list goes on. Shiel would also have to be my favourite non-Port player - he's an absolute beast. Phil Davis and Toby Greene are absolute campaigners but I love them; Davis especially for walking out on the Crows :D I also respect the fact that they have lost a bunch of good/great players like Treloar, Cam McCarthy (was good for them), Devon Smith, Hoskin-Elliot (who's done pretty well at Collingwood), Hombsch ;) yet have been able to replace them and still be a competitive team. Feel a bit sorry with how many injuries they've suffered over the past few years which has really put a dent in their premiership window, but also I couldn't ******* stand it if they won a premiership before our second.

All-in-all I don't hate them, but they aren't Port so they can **** off.

GWS disrespected one of our club greats like you wouldn't believe and I'm still mad as hell about it.

Rewind back to 2011 (or maybe 2012?) and the Giants were playing the Swans and Suns way out west at Blacktown in some sorta NAB Cup knockout carnival bullshit, with 40min games or some such.

Anyway, I covered it for afl.com and I'm waiting by the main gate to get my all access media lanyard when I see Choco approach the nice old lady official manning the turnstile.

That's name on the locker, premiership-winning player and coach and Hall of Famer Mark "Choco" Williams, fam.

Decked out in oh-ficcial Giants gear, Choco politely asked the nice old lady if he could get a mate in for free. Instantly, she turned into a ferocious, fire-breathing Orange Coat. Basically, a GWS version of the Red Coats that terrorized SANFL fans at Footy Park for 39 years.

Choco cajoled and begged and pleaded with her but she wasn't having any of it. No way, uh-ah, nope. Choco being Choco, he persisted. Orange Coat being Orange Coat, she resisted. And he didn't expect to meet such fierce resistance.

The main problem was that she had absolutely NFI who he was.

In his Giants tee, shorts and sneakers, he could've been any mug punter who rocked up that day to see Izzy Folau run around (Izzy was out with injury that day but he still made an impact with his face on every f@%king piece of promo material.)

Eventually, Choco gave up. A beaten man, completely emasculated, he slunked back to the Giants changeroom with his head bowed and tail between his legs. He pulled out his mobile phone and rang his mate.

"Yeah, mate, you're gonna have to pay at the gate."

Moments later, Izzy Folau walked through with his entourage and the giddy ol' battleaxe waved them through before anyone could even think about putting their hands in their pockets.

Slay the Giants for Choco, Ports...

Besides which, what happened to the succession plan that everyone assumed was a thing?

It's like, Sheeds figureheaded the tilt while Chocolate did all the matchday coaching, and then all of a sudden it's Leon Cameron and Williams is moving his wife and 47 kids to Melbourne.

So weird.

I hate GWS because they're as much of a flaky waste of talent as we are but they don't have any lifelong dyed in the wool supporters to be hurt by it so it doesn't matter.

Why did anyone ever think discarding 'Footscray' for 'Western' (Western what?) was a good idea?

Merge with Norf and send to Tasmania please.
Yeah still this I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back