Port Adelaide - Can They Hack It In The Big Time League?

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Love getting trolled by people that don't understand the use of spaces between words and punctuation marks.

from the person who has a user name backtozero .... and I’d say You mean ‘in between’ ..... anyhow genius ....
The old ive got nothing to say so I’ll go the attack on grammar . Btw , have you heard of syntax ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BruceTempany14

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Port Adelaide are a great club with great history behind it dating back to their SANFL days they are here to stay

Yes port Adelaide magpies have great history , to be applauded.

Port Adelaide power ( est 1996)history just so so .

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets

The AFL record season Guide seem to disagree with you. Seems they are now counted as the one club
Club formed may 12th 1870
Joined AFL 1997
Premiership’s 1 AFL, 36 SANFL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The AFL record season Guide seem to disagree with you. Seems they are now counted as the one club
Joined AFL 1997

Dude you ruining it for Bruce. He'll have to go back to hammering a nail in his foreskin for jollies.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Minor premiers last year and won a flag in the last 20 years. I'd say they can hack it.

Their financial situation is a little bit suspect. Need to reel in the spending from the sounds of things without looking into it too much. They were one of the better positioned teams to make money in the covid affected year.

Joined AFL 1997
It's 1 AFL and 34 SANFL premierships.

Dont let them re-write history and claim another clubs history.

Ironic thing is the club ignores 3 premierships they did win (1916-17, 1942), yet claim 2 another club won (1998-99)

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
A thread started by a North supporter about financial viability.

What's next? A thread about backpacking by Ivan Milat?
I am sure you and a few Port fans want Ivan Milat to bury the OP out in the bush? LoL.

BF Tiger , Mister M , Tzatziki_Man would you support that opinion? LoL.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Time for an honest discussion about Port Adelaide as an AFL club.

Port have needed bailouts before. Is another justified?

Why can small Melbourne clubs like the Dogs and North get their debt down to zero but Port's balloons again?

Is Port Adelaide a great SANFL club that frankly belongs in the SANFL?

Is South Australia naturally a one team state?

Is the game better off acknowledging that small states like South Australia and Tasmania can only support one team and moving the pieces on the board to reflect this by taking Port's licence and giving it to Tassie?

Every problem the league has would be fixed by ******* North Melbourne off somewhere.

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It is actually the Port Adelaide Football Club established 1870 that went from one completion to another. So does that mean Richmond FC that went from the VFL to the Afl is a different club? Moron.

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's 1 AFL and 34 SANFL premierships.

Dont let them re-write history and claim another clubs history.

Ironic thing is the club ignores 3 premierships they did win (1916-17, 1942), yet claim 2 another club won (1998-99)
Bail out you dickhead. Obviously being a long suffering cow supporter has taken a toll on your minute sized brain.

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Yeah, Port are fine and are a club that should have been in any national comp from the get go>
But the formation of the AFL was a bit of a haphazard affair. The VFL did hem and hah and change their minds a few times.

It's not like North is actually going anywhere any time soon, so there's that too.

I don't even know why this conversation is even a thing. I can't see the AFL changing the status quo, it's basically what they are contracted to sell to outside parties for the next god knows how long, not to mention it's also probably what they think will sell and survive.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forgive me for not reading through 7 pages of the usual arguments, but what's the status of their license and their board? Are their operations fully independent from SANFL and AFL control?

I think Port's board much like lots of interstate teams is controlled by AFL house - We are away from the SANFL now.

BruceTempany14

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
It is actually the Port Adelaide Football Club established 1870 that went from one completion to another. So does that mean Richmond FC that went from the VFL to the Afl is a different club? Moron.

Does Port Adelaide have a side in the SANFL known as the the Port Adelaide magpies ? Did they leave the SANFL for the AFL ? I’m lost here , help me out .

It’s just funny / false how you guys cling to this ridiculous 1870 thing as far as Port Adelaide Power is concerned.

Shocking how The Power back doored Norwood .

Even a moron can work out .

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Does Port Adelaide have a side in the SANFL known as the the Port Adelaide magpies ? Did they leave the SANFL for the AFL ? I’m lost here , help me out .

It’s just funny / false how you guys cling to this ridiculous 1870 thing as far as Port Adelaide Power is concerned.

Shocking how The Power back doored Norwood .

Even a moron can work out .

Seeing as you're the one who has worked it out, you must be a moron.

Back