• Hamish Hartlett

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Scott Lycett

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Other, name in post

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

my choice would be Robbie because he's the only one that deserves but its a failing on him to not want it and shows an underbelly of self centered-ness to not step up to the plate when his club is dying for someone with a bit of guts.

My left field option is to just by-pass all the 'so-called' leaders and make Houston captain and tell the rest they will be playing B grade if they dont pull their socks up, but this is Ken and he has no idea what he's doing

who remembers when Ken picked Howard as captain because Ken knows he's gonna be a future leader of our club.......The egg yolk on Kens face just seems to keep growing and growing, i guess he has coke zero and scrambled eggs for breaky every day to nullify the impact

who remembers when Ken picked Howard as captain because Ken knows he's gonna be a future leader of our club.......The egg yolk on Kens face just seems to keep growing and growing, i guess he has coke zero and scrambled eggs for breaky every day to nullify the impact
"Hoff hoff hoff"
Co captains "Will win us more games"
Melbourne "Best win of my coaching career"
Dougal Howard "future leader of club" he misspoke he meant leader.
Lycett "better drop the number 1 ruckman for a rookie instead of the broken 39 yearold future 4th rounder."
Frampton while dixon was still injured "I cant replace charlie with billy"

On ken
Koch " Ken's coaching at the top of his game"
KT "it's my fault we suck."
Vanstone "shut up about hinkley being s**t, so was Hardwick"
His media buddies "he's still learning, give him time"

It's an actual * fest

LOL ... Just about to ask that question myself.

Gieschen works for TLA who manage 20 Carlton players, and 16 Port players, has a chat to a few Carlton boffins. Ollies name come up. "Not been a happy year?" "Is he gettable?" ... along with a dozen other names and similar questions.

Nek minit ....

"Ollie shopping himself around .... Sack the traitor!"

:rolleyes:

Another fan of Kochies Power

We need to wash our sins away completely from co-captains so not Wines or Jonas. I'd like Lycett but Hartlett is more likely. Hartlett had potential all the way back in 2012.

He might not have been the one to lead us out of the rut we were in in 2012, but he can lead us out of this rut.

View attachment 767965
your glossing over the fact that Hartlett is vanilla in everyway and has ended up being a half back flanker because the midfield 'was too hard' for the precious soul. Before thinking Hartlett you should go watch the first half against North again to see what you are asking for. He is everything Ken is as a player.......we might as well bring back Troy Chaplin if we are making Hartlett captain

i never really liked Boak as captain because he was way to soft on team mates and never questioned their output and too often played the stooge for Hinklyism's. But i never questioned his output on field because he does give everything in every match he plays. You just cant say that of Ollie or Hamish because their missing in action more times than not.

Remember when Ken said 'Your performance on game day is more important than what you do during the week' Oh how times have changed and standards slipped back to their mediocre best.

"Hoff hoff hoff"
Co captains "Will win us more games"
Melbourne "Best win of my coaching career"
Dougal Howard "future leader of club" he misspoke he meant leader.
Lycett "better drop the number 1 ruckman for a rookie instead of the broken 39 yearold future 4th rounder."
Frampton while dixon was still injured "I cant replace charlie with billy"

On ken
Koch " Ken's coaching at the top of his game"
KT "it's my fault we suck."
Vanstone "shut up about hinkley being s**t, so was Hardwick"
His media buddies "he's still learning, give him time"

It's an actual fu** fest
More fodder for Alyx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One has a self Inflicted bad year and cries to his manager to get him out of his contract.

One left a premiership team to lead a club out of irrelevance.

Lycett. Unanimously.

Got my vote.

Problem is he'll probs tell Ken the standards the coach accepts at training are too low, and he'll be sent to the Magoos as penance.

He might not have been the one to lead us out of the rut we were in in 2012, but he can lead us out of this rut.

The captain Alberton deserves, but not the one it needs right now?

Hartlett might have the requisite passion, and popularity among the playing group, but it's hard to trust the collective judgement of a team who still seems fairly united behind Hinkley.

I think both ollie and jonas are very good afl players at their best. They just haven't shown it consistently along with most of the players on our list over the last 5 years. I put that outcome purely on the coach as it's his job to get the best out of the playing group. I would be content with jonas as sole captain and ollie vice. The improvement needs to come from the coaches.
As for ollie wanting to leave. I don't really care as long as he gives 100 percent while he is a port player. This is 2019 it's a business nothing stops player or club looking at options. Dustin martin met north melbourne in 2016 a few times before he ultimately stayed at Richmond. If ollie wants to leave at end of 2020 we trade and get a good deal (unlike howard)if he has a good year and his trade value is good . If he underperforms this year it's sanfl for him simple.

Hoping for a spud as when players have been made captain of late their form has significantly dropped off.

Could be other things ie Boak being played at HF instead of a wing, Ollie’s injuries or Jonas’ age but it’s been a common issue with the last 4-5 years of our captains.

We need to wash our sins away completely from co-captains so not Wines or Jonas. I'd like Lycett but Hartlett is more likely. Hartlett had potential all the way back in 2012.

View attachment 767965

I've probably smashed two separate things together in my brain but if I remember correctly this was, quite serendipitously, the record cover for our game against Carlton where Hamish kicked three unbelievable goals. I was behind one from the pocket down the southern end. The ball just kept curving and curving until it sailed through... It was beautiful.

Another fan of Kochies Power
Piss off mate .. you are not going to bully me!

I cant stand Koch, he is wrecking Port - I want him gone

I cant stand Ken, he is a coach's ass - I want him gone

I hate having co-captains - I want my captain wearing #1

Got no time for the BOD - They need a change up

I like KT a lot, but his time is up - He needs to go

However, I love this club! I refuse to react like a spoilt child who doesnt get his way! I refuse to listen to, and react to gossip without foundation! And I also refuse to make crap up to suit an Anti-Port agenda!

So if your entire attack on me is that I am "another fan of Kochies Power" just because I will stand up to dick-head comments, and not join the hysterical herd! ... So be it!

Duck.jpg

Last edited:
It's a hard one for supporters to answer as we really have no idea of individual players leadership qualities behind closed doors, many are mentioning Lycett but i'm not sure what they are basing this on. I haven't really heard much from him since he got here and he had just an okay year on field for mine. Definitely doesn't scream out pick me as your new leader and the chances of it happening are buckleys and none.

The reality is we should've stuck with Boak until a clear candidate emerged. But a lot of the supporters were no longer happy with him, but he was still clearly our standout choice for mine.

But if change was absolutely necessary (perhaps Boak truly did step down?) than we should've taken a punt with Wines, with Hartlett and Jonas as the VC's. Despite the Water skiing debacle i think both Jonas and Wines would've had better seasons without the co captaincy negativity surrounding them all season. Wines was the obvious choice to take over Boak from a long way back, Jonas seemed to come from the clouds but yet again a lot of supporters were calling for him if i recall correctly.

Rightly or wrongly, it will be co captains again in my opinion. But if it isn't they'll go with one of them only and this should be Wines.

Back