Scandal Port Adelaide fan racially abuses Sudanese fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Something always happens with port Adelaide and racial remarks every year

Normally it’s at showdowns, but now it’s spreading elsewhere

You would seriously think a club with a rich history of aboriginal players would be more accepting when it comes to other cultures.

Account from someone who was there

I was there! I was sitting in the box to their right (if facing them). I actually got in the mix when the Sudanese guys came over after the game to the group and I stepped in to try stop other Port degenerate from trying to back his redneck fellow supporters.

Their group was so effin annoying the whole game. They had even been told to cut it out multiple times from the very first quarter by some Port supporter who had some official Port badge on with his Port shirt. He knew them by name.

But when they called the Sudanese guys N***** in the 2nd half and the two groups started yelling at each other he knew it was going on but pretended not to hear it even though he was sitting a few metres away.

Security did sweet F all about that group the whole game. Couple warnings is all.

So a Port official may have been there / aware of it

Hmmmm since this made it to the main board I will post what I told the Port supporters in there thread if it helps to catch these asshats:

I'm well aware the majority of Port Supporters are normal, non-feral, passionate footy supporters.
But the main reason I want to share is because there was someone official there from Port Adelaide who knows who these guys are and knows them by name. He had a black Port polo on and wore an official Port Adelaide badge - I've no idea what his role or position may be, maybe in charge of fans or something?
The Dheads were in their 20s and you could tell they were there just for the trouble.
He was trying to calm them down the entire game - he was a few metres away. He kept calling them by name and saying "too far" or "cut it out".
They had already had run ins with several west coast supporters during and I won't lie, they were apologetic whenever confronted.
However in the second half they took it to a new level when they yelled N***** at a bunch of Sudanese West Coast supporters.
This sparked a greater verbal confrontation not only with the Sudanese guys but also with other west coast supporters coming to the Sudanese guys aid.
It was at this point he official port guy decided to turn a blind eye - he knew a line had been crossed and wanted to pretend he knew nothing about it even though a full on confrontation was going on about 3 metres away from him, after spending the entire game trying to control these guys he didn't even dare look in that direction while the confrontation over the racism was going on.
I will say that one of the Port group was dark skinned themselves and I am actually not sure whether he was the one who yelled it.

After the match ended the Sudanese guys came straight over and a bit of argy bargy carried on.
Even more disgusting to me was that other Port supporters who knew what the guys had said (and had watched them pick fights the entire game) were willing to back these douchelords up.
The official guy was involved and trying to control things at this point.

Anyway - I am letting you know there is some official Port guy who knows who these guys are and their names and could easily ban them.
I recognise they are a minority of your fan base (a good mate of mine supports Port, he is a middle easterner like me) and I can tell that you guys are disgusted by their behaviour and don't want them representing you.
I felt sad for the Sudanese guys - there was only 4 of them and they looked like they were only teenagers, how sad for them to experience that when it is so great they have adopted AFL as migrants.

The security are the most to blame in this incident as they should have thrown them out earlier or at least stationed a guard nearby when it was obvious they were out for trouble

Left before security could get to him

This isn't true - security let them go.

You would seriously think a club with a rich history of aboriginal players would be more accepting when it comes to other cultures.

They had 6 or 7 Aboriginal players out there just today.

Barry, Amon, Ryder, Powell-Pepper, Neade, Motlop, Thomas. Wingard wasn't playing. Apologies to anyone I've overlooked.

Hmmmm since this made it to the main board I will post what I told the Port supporters in there thread if it helps to catch these asshats:

I'm well aware the majority of Port Supporters are normal, non-feral, passionate footy supporters.
But the main reason I want to share is because there was someone official there from Port Adelaide who knows who these guys are and knows them by name. He had a black Port polo on and wore an official Port Adelaide badge - I've no idea what his role or position may be, maybe in charge of fans or something?
The Dheads were in their 20s and you could tell they were there just for the trouble.
He was trying to calm them down the entire game - he was a few metres away. He kept calling them by name and saying "too far" or "cut it out".
They had already had run ins with several west coast supporters during and I won't lie, they were apologetic whenever confronted.
However in the second half they took it to a new level when they yelled N***** at a bunch of Sudanese West Coast supporters.
This sparked a greater verbal confrontation not only with the Sudanese guys but also with other west coast supporters coming to the Sudanese guys aid.
It was at this point he official port guy decided to turn a blind eye - he knew a line had been crossed and wanted to pretend he knew nothing about it even though a full on confrontation was going on about 3 metres away from him, after spending the entire game trying to control these guys he didn't even dare look in that direction while the confrontation over the racism was going on.
I will say that one of the Port group was dark skinned themselves and I am actually not sure whether he was the one who yelled it.

After the match ended the Sudanese guys came straight over and a bit of argy bargy carried on.
Even more disgusting to me was that other Port supporters who knew what the guys had said (and had watched them pick fights the entire game) were willing to back these douchelords up.

Anyway - I am letting you know there is some official Port guy who knows who these guys are and their names and could easily ban them.
I recognise they are a minority of your fan base (a good mate of mine supports Port, he is a middle easterner like me) and I can tell that you guys are disgusted by their behaviour and don't want them representing you.
I felt sad for the Sudanese guys - there was only 4 of them and they looked like they were only teenagers, how sad for them to experience that when it is so great they have adopted AFL as migrants.

The security are the most to blame in this incident as they should have thrown them out earlier or at least stationed a guard nearby when it was obvious they were out for trouble

This isn't true - security let them go.[/Q
Were you there to watch the footy or to stir s**t?
If you were watching the footy you would not know wtf was going on in the crowd.

If you were watching the footy you would not know wtf was going on in the crowd.
You got me - I admit to really struggling to ignore some african teenagers having the N word yelled at them - if you can ignore that and just focus on the game while that it is going on next to you then all power to you.

I was there to stir s**t but some Port supporters beat me to it.

What? That’s a stupid comment.

You should always be aware of your surrounds especially if things are getting agitated. If you are just staring at a game too engrossed to know a fight is about to break out around, you are in danger of copping a stray limb or object thrown.

This applies double if you have kids with you as you should be looking out for their safety and not too busy watching a footy game to care.

It’s safety 101 and applies to all aspects of life, not just sitting at the footy.

Your lucky they are watching the game
What? That’s a stupid comment.

You should always be aware of your surrounds especially if things are getting agitated. If you are just staring at a game too engrossed to know a fight is about to break out around, you are in danger of copping a stray limb or object thrown.

This applies double if you have kids with you as you should be looking out for their safety and not too busy watching a footy game to care.

It’s safety 101 and applies to all aspects of life, not just sitting at the footy.
I don't go to WC games. so i can't comment. The ones i go to are pretty sedate.

Your lucky they are watching the game

I don't go to WC games. so i can't comment. The ones i go to are pretty sedate.

Like I said it’s safety 101 and applies to all aspects of life.

Case in point: Do you just go into your workplace and only focus on your work, or do you take the time to pay attention to any safety hazards that might be around?

Obviously a work place fight is rare but there are plenty of other things that can affect you if you are sitting their with your blinkers on not paying attention to your surrounds.

I heard they were male too. All men must be racists. I also heard one of them had brown hair, so brown haired people must all be assholes.

I find it absolutely moronic when people try and put down a whole supporter group based on the actions of a very select few who choose to resort to those kinds of repulsive actions and comments, just as some cheap way of denigrating an opposition team. Every club has these people and it's an issue that pertains to the individual, who does not represent the club. He or she represents themselves. But hey, POORTZ FERALZ is always good for a laugh or two, right? It's actually making light of a serious issue and in many ways is quite similar to racism in itself, brandishing a whole group with a stereotype and not respecting the individuals for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, racism is very much a Port Adelaide issue.

(joking btw)

Last edited:

Don't be stupid, it has nothing to do with the club. It's some clown that just happens to support Port Adelaide. What do you think Port should have done, put out a question 'are you a racist? Tick yes or no,' for every member that signs up?

Can't believe that anyone would try and turn this issue into some barb to throw at their cross-town rivals.

This isn't true - security let them go.

Good post, hopefully this information can get passed on to the club and they can take action.

57902408a755d24f6c338bf40549bc2f

There has been a theory/rumour put forward that these "Port" supporters were guests/friends of a young Port player and is part of the reason why him not being recruited by a Perth based club was always in his best interests.

Interesting theory , not doubting it more so just commenting on it .

Last edited:
There has been a theory/rumour put forward that these "Port" supporters were guests/friends of a young Port player and is part of the reason why him not being recruited by a Perth based club was always in his best interests.

I heard this rumour too. Apparently they were also in some special seating area for "guests"?

Might explain why the security was a little reluctant to throw them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back