Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Duursma look for those there last night? Have been hearing a lot of feedback about Rozee all summer but not so much how Duursma is tracking or if could be a rnd 1 chance.
I thought he looked the best of the draftees but I may have noticed him more because started like a house on fire with 3 possies in the first 3 minutes lined up against Jack Watts on a wing.

Can't believe people are raging at TJ for being too rough on the new boys! Seriously! Reading up on some of the other intra-club matches, they are talking about light, bruise-free encounters! Stuff that. If these boys are going to play AFL footy in the next few weeks they need to have a taste beforehand, otherwise they are in for a rude awakening!

With some big hits smd tackles reportedly taking place, it sounds like the boys were told to simulate match conditions, I would expect nothing less from Port after last year's soft effort!

Tick!

Happy to hear about Ebo, Marshall, Ryder and Rozee looking good up forward. We'll definitely need to be doing something really different up there this season.
We are. I alluded to ^ in an earlier post. Wont go into detail coz not all readers on here are our friends.

Can't believe people are raging at TJ for being too rough on the new boys! Seriously! Reading up on some of the other intra-club matches, they are talking about light, bruise-free encounters! Stuff that. If these boys are going to play AFL footy in the next few weeks they need to have a taste beforehand, otherwise they are in for a rude awakening!

With some big hits smd tackles reportedly taking place, it sounds like the boys were told to simulate match conditions, I would expect nothing less from Port after last year's soft effort!

Tick!

Its not like we caused any injuries, that would be a problem. The point of this is to give them a competitive hit out, trial things and see who's ready for AFL (JLT first) If it was overly nice and bruise free as you said they'd be getting a rude wake up come first game against actual opposition.

I don't give a **** or get excited whether TJ plays bully or not. This to me is just another "line in the sand". We'll see how the real stuff goes.

Did the same to Pudney drove him into the turf from behind then pushed his head down into it......... hero
Dunno what he's trying to prove. That he's a tough guy? Just came across as utter bs to me anyway.

Many years ago Brian Lees did a similar thing to Chad Cornes in his first internal trial. At the time many of us thought it was unnecessary and happened because Chad carried the Cornes name. It was rough stuff but in the long run it didn't hurt Chad so maybe Chad had a talk with Tom before the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many years ago Brian Lees did a similar thing to Chad Cornes in his first internal trial. At the time many of us thought it was unnecessary and happened because Chad carried the Cornes name. It was rough stuff but in the long run it didn't hurt Chad so maybe Chad had a talk with Tom before the game?
There was also the incident when Chad tried roughing up Steve Brosnan in his first internal trial and young Brosnan responded with a haymaker to the face which led to the Chad having to be sheepishly helped from the field with blood pouring from his face. Brosnan had been with the maggies for a couple of years before being drafted and had impressed as a hard nut. Chad was very early into his career with us and was still to win a few Port traditionalists over so that incident was enjoyed by quite a few onlookers. Not so much Choco though who went berserk on the boundary. I think Brosnan only played one game

I was probably the most impressed with Pudney's first half of anyone who played. The experienced blokes you knew what to expect and they did their thing. But of the kids who I have seen very little of, it was Pudney's consistent outside run that grabbed my attention the most. Butters doesn't shirk an issue which is good. Rooze was fumbly I thought. The X man - the double u man, Duursma, did a few nice things in the second half.

SPP, Boak, Rozee, Duursma, Frederick, Marshall all looked very good for me today. Defence a bit shaky. Really like the look of Frederick.
The blacks had more of the first 22 backs - Howard, Clurey, DBJ, Burton, Jonas and also Broady and Bonner and Lienert was with the whites - and he really shone. I think Burton switched after half time to the whites. Yes, as the whites were always in front the black’s defence was a bit shaky.
Still early days and Houston and Hamish to fit in

Geez, there's bloody no one here. Over the last 30 mins the crowd level has barely changed. This is the worst turnout I've seen. Maybe 500 at the moment.
It picked up by a few hundred by the 2nd half. But the eastern side of the ground was empty.

Some minor notes from what I saw.... In between looking after my campaigner of a 3 year old, and looking into the sun.

SPP and Rozee are race horses. SPP was best on and looks so lean whilst having that explosive element back to his game. Rozee, just wow. Everything we want him to be, he could be.

Lycett is a giant human. Going to be a very good player for us.

Ryan Burton is way taller than I though he was. Gee whiz. Very neat, very sure of everythign he does.

Can see why the club love Willem Drew. If that performance is anything to go by, he is well and truly around the mark.

Zak Butters is a tough little campaigner. He is going to be so annoying and we're going to love him.

Boak in the middle and Ebo forward might just work. Especially the Boak in the middle part. Fantastic to see him in the guts. Clean and sure with his clearance work.

Rocky looked to be moving pretty well.

Thought Pudney definitely showed something too.... Obviously runs very hard, but clearly a dude who can find the pill too.

Some nice fluffy notes here but hey, we didn't lose this evening.
Ebo already has goal of the year - lovely snap down at the northern end. The crowd really appreciated it. Oh, by the way Ebo would look good in the #1 guernsey.

Arch has done nothing since
We'll always have Paris Shanghai 2017. Turned it on when the game was still even, in a game we could not have afforded to lose. For that game and no other I'll always be glad he was on our list

Back