Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

R_Gray_Jnr_Jnr

All Australian
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus
Can anyone who went to the game comment no the following:

1. did Todd Marshall look bigger (as in muscle wise) - No doubting the kids got some talent and is super fast for his height, but too many times last year when he was putting in a forward line defensive act, the other player would all too easily break his attempts. Doe she look like he packed on a few KGs of muscle?

2. Where did Todd play, up front? Wing? down back?

3. Who played on him. Was he able to get the better of his opponent. i.e. did he play on dougs at all and was he able to out mark him or out position him?

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets

1. did Todd Marshall look bigger (as in muscle wise) - No doubting the kids got some talent and is super fast for his height, but too many times last year when he was putting in a forward line defensive act, the other player would all too easily break his attempts. Doe she look like he packed on a few KGs of muscle?

3. Who played on him. Was he able to get the better of his opponent. i.e. did he play on dougs at all and was he able to out mark him or out position him?
Search the thread for Marshall...

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

1. He looks bigger but will never be Wayne Carey size

2. Mostly full forward

3. Dougal for a fair bit and kicked his goals on him. He's smarter than Dougs. Other key defenders rotated on him

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns

One thing that looked noticeably bigger on him was his core. His legs look a lot stronger.

He has filled out also.

jimmytigs

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
renegades st.kildacc celtic celtics
There was also the incident when Chad tried roughing up Steve Brosnan in his first internal trial and young Brosnan responded with a haymaker to the face which led to the Chad having to be sheepishly helped from the field with blood pouring from his face. Brosnan had been with the maggies for a couple of years before being drafted and had impressed as a hard nut. Chad was very early into his career with us and was still to win a few Port traditionalists over so that incident was enjoyed by quite a few onlookers. Not so much Choco though who went berserk on the boundary. I think Brosnan only played one game
i hope that fella is back in Australia now & getting some help,during covid he was running amok getting into all sorts of trouble in a particular overseas country,loose cannon would be putting it lightly,on his best behaviour he was a pretty affable bloke,but geez,havent seen him for quite a while now,so hope hes doing ok & straightening himself out

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did the same to Pudney drove him into the turf from behind then pushed his head down into it......... hero
Dunno what he's trying to prove. That he's a tough guy? Just came across as utter bs to me anyway.
Couldn't imagine Jonas doing this to anyone now, let alone a team mate. Use to have a hard edge, went over the top every now and then, but ultimately made him a better competitor.

Now he seems pretty soft.

Back