Port Adelaide Game Day Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
The commentary for our AFL games has been very poor for a long time. Not only are they bias against us at our home games they tend to say some pretty idiotic things that make listening to the broadcast a chore.

Other sports such as NHL have team based commentary teams that you can listen to during a game where they focus on talking more about your team but do also mention important aspects of the opposition.

I would love it if the club could put together a game day commentary team and stream it online so I can mute the TV and listen to a couple intelligent Port boys commentate our game.

MMM had Brad Ebert/Dom Cassisi on the weekend. Could always sync that up to the telecast.
Does it sinc? The AFL app is always a second behind which is rubbish

I used to watch every AFL game in the past but just cant do it anymore...
Between the horrendous umpiring and the deplorable commentating, I'm down to watching 1 game a week now and even that's becoming a chore.

The thing I hate most about the tv commentary is, they think we can’t see the game and they have to tell us every little thing that is going on.

If I wanted that I would listen to the radio.

Why can't they STFU during NTUA, Dermott Brereton in particular, I think he deliberately makes a point to speak over the top of it every time.
Surely on a 2 hour game they can keep quite for a minute or so whilst the songs playing. Pricks.
And radio commentary, everything's a bloody commercial, the Triple MCG Oval, or the Wank Wank scoreboard, drives me nuts.
At least there's the ABC, we can listen to Gerald Wheatley.....Oh wait.....

The thing that I hate the most is how a board member of Port’s biggest rival and the disgraced former president of another club passes as acceptable.

not to mention the “club champions“ who is an all round good guy with a rap sheet that includes domestic violence and indecent assault...

the whole boys club needs to be scraped. Actually get experts to call the game. I don’t care who it is, but agree it’s terrible and has been for some time.

When I’m watching on the computer, I listen to the game through the app on the phone. I pause the video and wait for the radio to catch up.

I don’t mind the delay. Gameday commentary doesn’t spoil anything. The radio is so much better that it is worth of the trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that I hate the most is how a board member of Port’s biggest rival and the disgraced former president of another club passes as acceptable.

not to mention the “club champions“ who is an all round good guy with a rap sheet that includes domestic violence and indecent assault...

the whole boys club needs to be scraped. Actually get experts to call the game. I don’t care who it is, but agree it’s terrible and has been for some time.

the fact these guys make Drew Morphett a tolerable football commentator, Sandy Roberts an Icon amazes me. s**t I’d even take Rex Hunt

The thing I hate most about the tv commentary is, they think we can’t see the game and they have to tell us every little thing that is going on.

If I wanted that I would listen to the radio.
It got worse now that they calling the matches from the studio. They only see what we see.

I like how they spend the entire game commenting on the other team. If it's a Vic team and we're flogging them it's all about what they can do to improve and what little victories they can have. If we're losing its all about how good the opposition are and "you know port are gonna respond" (hint: we won't, and saying that shows you don't really know anything about our form over the last 9 years)

Why can't they STFU during NTUA, Dermott Brereton in particular, I think he deliberately makes a point to speak over the top of it every time.
Tell me about it... I blow up every time they do this. They definitely do it on purpose...

I see most supporters from all clubs whinging about the standard of AFL commentary and have for quite a while. Its getting worse every year

I watch different sports on foxtel from both here and overseas and AFL commentary is far and away the worst standard of commentating in world sport.

If full of dumb ex footballers and blokey bloke boys club mates who love their 'inside jokes'. Its pretty much unwatchable these days.

If you are talking about the Listen Live function and you choose a radio station, it is over a minute behind.

The commentary for our AFL games has been very poor for a long time. Not only are they bias against us at our home games they tend to say some pretty idiotic things that make listening to the broadcast a chore.

Other sports such as NHL have team based commentary teams that you can listen to during a game where they focus on talking more about your team but do also mention important aspects of the opposition.

I would love it if the club could put together a game day commentary team and stream it online so I can mute the TV and listen to a couple intelligent Port boys commentate our game.
Are you saying that CBC in Canada or NBC in US and other broadcasters, produce it themselves with an alternative call, or are you saying they provide the local team a live feed of their pictures and allow someone else to rebroadcast the call to those pictures? If so what do they charge for that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back