Port Adelaide have the wood over Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not beat around the bush, we hate them because they beat us by 20 goals in a grand final which precipitated a horror period for the club, and regardless remains an eternal humiliation.

There's plenty of other reasons to hate them of course, but this is why it's particularly intense for us.
That in part of course. But more so due to the reasons in my above post. From my perspective at least.

I've had a hate of geelong even before that ill-fated day in 2007. They broke my heart after I attended a Friday night home game that they beat us by under a kick in early 2005. The cats are pretty much like a cancer

I've had a hate of geelong even before that ill-fated day in 2007. They broke my heart after I attended a Friday night home game that they beat us by under a kick in early 2005. The cats are pretty much like a cancer

Who do you hate more?
Geelong or the Crows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not beat around the bush, we hate them because they beat us by 20 goals in a grand final which precipitated a horror period for the club, and regardless remains an eternal humiliation.

There's plenty of other reasons to hate them of course, but this is why it's particularly intense for us.
The fact that we can list a plethora of reasons without mentioning the most glaringly obvious one says a fair bit about it.
We would have finished 2nd rather than 5th in 2017 if not for losing that game, we would have been saved from the horror West Coast game which set us back a fair bit but I feel like in that season we would have had to play the Crows in the Grand Final and tbh I don't think we would have won.
At least that's what I tell myself, gives me a bit of solace.

Of course, losing fair and square to them would have sucked and that's how it felt prior to the Essendon shitshow. That it then became obvious that Geelong were Dank 1.0, yet the AFL and Victorian media have all stuck their fingers in their ears and gone 'LA LA LA I Can't hear you!!' at anyone even hinting their flag was tainted is what's turned it into a burning hate for many Port fans.

Of course, losing fair and square to them would have sucked and that's how it felt prior to the Essendon shitshow. That it then became obvious that Geelong were Dank 1.0, yet the AFL and Victorian media have all stuck their fingers in their ears and gone 'LA LA LA I Can't hear you!!' at anyone even hinting their flag was tainted is what's turned it into a burning hate for many Port fans.

Does it outweigh the hate for Collingwood given they're the reason Port Adelaide can't wear the prison bars and are the Power rather than Magpies?

No.
But Collingwood are the AFL. ;)
The AFL

Tier 1
Pies, Tigers, Bombers, Blues, Cats, Hawks

Tier 2
Dees, Dogs, Saints, North

Tier 3
Swans, Lions

Tier 4
Eagles, Crows

Tier 5
Giants, Suns

Tier 6
Port, Freo

The AFL

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3
Swans, Lions

Tier 4
Eagles, Crows

Tier 5
Giants, Suns

Tier 6
Port, Freo
A proper national competition would have had your tier 1 and tier 3 teams plus the top 3 clubs from the SANFL and WAFL. If you want to get it to 16 teams then throw in Southport from Queensland and a new team in Tasmania.

A proper national competition would have had your tier 1 and tier 3 teams plus the top 3 clubs from the SANFL and WAFL. If you want to get it to 16 teams then throw in Southport from Queensland and a new team in Tasmania.
And there would be no "tiers;" at least, they wouldn't matter as much.

---

As a Richmond supporter, would you have objected to Glenelg joining the AFL and keeping their colours and jumper?

And moniker and club song.

The AFL

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3
Swans, Lions

Tier 4
Eagles, Crows

Tier 5
Giants, Suns

Tier 6
Port, Freo
I assume these are the tiers in regards to each club as a priority to the corporate V/AFL, right? I totally agree with you. The only difference would be that Tiers 3 and 4 are probably just one tier. The rest is spot on IMO.

I assume these are the tiers in regards to each club as a priority to the corporate V/AFL, right? I totally agree with you. The only difference would be that Tiers 3 and 4 are probably just one tier. The rest is spot on IMO.

Giants and Suns are higher tier than the Eagles and Crows in terms of importance to AFL house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back