Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
DWUyi2x.jpg

Nice! One of the cleanest Port concepts I’ve seen, not trying to shoehorn too many elements into the one logo. I’m a little surprised you went with a lightning bolt though. I thought that was something most Port fans wanted to distance themselves from a bit?

Nice! One of the cleanest Port concepts I’ve seen, not trying to shoehorn too many elements into the one logo. I’m a little surprised you went with a lightning bolt though. I thought that was something most Port fans wanted to distance themselves from a bit?
Basically my line of thinking is there isn't any stronger central element for a Port logo that isn't too distanced from the current branding. Some have suggested the prison bars be used as an element in a new logo but I don't think it's anywhere near as strong an icon as it is as a jumper design.

I think there's a desire to distance ourselves from the Power moniker a bit, which is reflected here.

I'd like to see a logo where the only change between Power and Magpies is the mascot.
For example it could be the current Power logo for the Power and for the Magpies, replace the fist and lightning bolt with the Magpie. All other elements the same. Bit of brand continuity.

I'd like to see a logo where the only change between Power and Magpies is the mascot.
For example it could be the current Power logo for the Power and for the Magpies, replace the fist and lightning bolt with the Magpie. All other elements the same. Bit of brand continuity.
There's not going to be another Magpies logo. The one being used now is going to continue to be used until we stop fielding a team in the SANFL or for whatever reason decide to retire the name officially and consign it to retro memorabilia.

This logo is intended to work as a one club logo for if when our reserves team is swallowed into a national reserves competition.

There's not going to be another Magpies logo. The one being used now is going to continue to be used until we stop fielding a team in the SANFL or for whatever reason decide to retire the name officially and consign it to retro memorabilia.

This logo is intended to work as a one club logo for if when our reserves team is swallowed into a national reserves competition.
And that's great and your concept. What you'd like to see. I'm just putting forward my version of the same.

the thicker monogram really works well in an americanised logo kind of way, works perfectly on the baseball cap.
Glad someone noticed. It comes out actually looking thicker when its embroided on New Era hats but on the rest of our merch and digitally it looks like this, which has always felt a bit weak for me.

portmono-png.65425

As I have said as you showed me the development of this - this is the best Port Adelaide logo that has ever been created - official or otherwise.

Love it, so simple yet bold.
Only feedback I could suggest is that it feels a bit too "tall"? If you're going for that "Port" branding direction, could you have a go at dropping the "Adelaide" text and shrinking the logo down a bit?

Here's what I mean;

What do you think?

Only feedback I could suggest is that it feels a bit too "tall"? If you're going for that "Port" branding direction, could you have a go at dropping the "Adelaide" text and shrinking the logo down a bit?

Here's what I mean;
View attachment 751619

What do you think?
While it definitely looks good, it doesn’t help to remove the whole “Port Power” nickname that we’ve tried to distance ourselves from post-One Club. Keeping the word Adelaide in there makes it certain that it’s Port Adelaide rather than Port Power.

Oh man change that teal to electric blue tomorrow Port Adelaide!!
Love it so much

Beautiful. The colours, the accentuated PORT, the rounded path of the Established text, the horizontal bolt. Clean, bold, love it!

I personally might consider making the outline of the bolt a little narrower or flattening the angles on the left and right extremities, just to keep it tight. It's the one thing that I can see in this design as NQR. Nice work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's what I mean;
View attachment 751619

What do you think?
How about replacing "PORT" with "PAFC"?

My take, Dylan. I would:
- put "Adelaide" on the white background along with "Port";
- add the prison bars underneath the bolt;
- add a teal chevron right on top of the white one (both would have the same size);
and
- either get rid, or put the "Est. 1870" below the badge.

Still, only small suggestions. Great job!

My take, Dylan. I would:
- put "Adelaide" on the white background along with "Port";
- add the prison bars underneath the bolt;
- add a teal chevron right on top of the white one (both would have the same size);
and
- either get rid, or put the "Est. 1870" below the badge.

Still, only small suggestions. Great job!
Some of these have merit, although simplicity is key here I feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back