Scandal Port Adelaide Player SPP Charged With Inappropriate Contact

Remove this Banner Ad

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
To start with she is not a ‘young girl’. She is 20. I think you should say a ‘young woman’ mate. Otherwise it could be argued you are implying she was under age.

Also, I don’t this she ever said it sexual assault did she? Can you provide a link or quote where she accused SPP of sexual assault? If she did the AFL and Port are required to go to police and they didn’t so I don’t believe she ever accused him of sexual assault.
20 is a young girl to me. But i digress.

Isn't it the case that corrupt clubs (most generally) and the AFL (all the time) should never investigate such matters. It is straight to the police - if not illegal move on. The club may issue a PR statement of some form, but actually letting them and the AFL dabble outside the football bubble!!!

Spook

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2003
Top of the pile looking down
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Claremont
20 is a young girl to me. But i digress.

Isn't it the case that corrupt clubs (most generally) and the AFL (all the time) should never investigate such matters. It is straight to the police - if not illegal move on. The club may issue a PR statement of some form, but actually letting them and the AFL dabble outside the football bubble!!!

I agree but how do you know if it should be reported until you investigate?

The issue is that an AFL player has a code of conduct that is part of his contract, ie he gets paid to play foot AND stay with-in the code. Some of the code refers to things outside the football bubble. The AFL there fore has a right to investigate and see through any punishment as it’s as per the signed contract. I think we agree that the issue is not the process but how the AFL and clubs carry out that process that is questionable. In this case I am with
Port Adelaide as they viewed all the footage and said there was no sexual miss conduct at all and obviously have the proof.

Last edited:

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To start with she is not a ‘young girl’. She is 20. I think you should say a ‘young woman’ mate. Otherwise it could be argued you are implying she was under age.

Also, I don’t this she ever said it sexual assault did she? Can you provide a link or quote where she accused SPP of sexual assault? If she did the AFL and Port are required to go to police and they didn’t so I don’t believe she ever accused him of sexual assault.

She didnt want to make a sexual assault claim. But didnt she say his hand went up her dress and on to her arse?

Seems sexual assaulty to me if true. And if she wanted to go to the police.

The 2 involved both seem to be pawns for the AFL and media.

So... what touching was it exactly? Her arm? Her shoulder? I’m thinking she’s not going to the Club and asking for an apology if it was either of those.

If Keith Thomas says this:

“That touching was a long, long way away from sexual assault,” Thomas said on Thursday.

I will believe him over a journo trying to make a name for themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back