List Mgmt. Port Adelaide poised for player raid

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern on the half back line is the figurative human wall, gecko hands they call him and is not hard to see why.

Interestingly he played majority of his junior and WAFL football as a key forward and whilst majority of his time in the AFL has been deployed in defence has shown aptitude up there too.

For a such a dominant one on one key defender and innate sense of savvy positioning crucial to any sides structure is easily worth the reported figure.

Sides should and will bid their proverbial right nut for him.

Should be but Dixon and Ryder might have larger incentives and backending in their contracts. Also you have the ASA's, the payments have to be commercial, and that can be spread over 5 or 8 players and not 44 so they can skew things especially given Robbie doesn't like doing the PR stuff.
I'm under the impression that both Dixon and Ryder are on about $700k a year. Is that about right or am I way off? Isn't that also about what Hartlett is on?

I'm under the impression that both Dixon and Ryder are on about $700k a year. Is that about right or am I way off? Isn't that also about what Hartlett is on?
That's what the media are reporting.

That's what the media are reporting.
If that's what our highest paid players are on, I can see why we've got a bit in the bank. If we can convert our list into success, we'll probably be looked at as a rule model for list management. If course it's nothing to do with culture if you ask our neighbours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back