Port Adelaide. The real deal or pretenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, what went wrong in round 2 against Collingwood though? Surely Port can get closer to them than that. Gonna have to beat the Pies in Melbourne if you want to win the flag. Brissy will have to do the same. Pies are gonna be in a home prelim bare minimum imo.
Well there is a rematch at AO to see where both teams are at but come finals time, Collingwood will have the additional benefit of all MCG games including the GF. It's their premiership to lose this season.

Hmm, what went wrong in round 2 against Collingwood though? Surely Port can get closer to them than that. Gonna have to beat the Pies in Melbourne if you want to win the flag. Brissy will have to do the same. Pies are gonna be in a home prelim bare minimum imo.
Not if someone else knocks them out.

Keeping a lid on it, have not beaten anyone above us yet.

1686316940251.png

Well there is a rematch at AO to see where both teams are at but come finals time, Collingwood will have the additional benefit of all MCG games including the GF. It's their premiership to lose this season.
Port haven't had to travel for a final since 2014, so you'd know well that advantage doesn't always translate to premierships.

MCG is not much of an advantage on GF day where Brisbane and the Eagles have had good support against us in the past.

Port are the frontrunners in my book! Ten in a row and looking unstoppable.

They can go all the way for sure.

Their list reminds me a lot of the Pies, fairly even and without a superstar key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have got alot of players who are very good for where they where drafted, like all premiership teams do.
Some years they underperformed has helped with this, last year could be like geelong 2006.
They probably don't get Horne Francis without last year being am ordinary one in terms of win/ loss.

I think last night showed they're the real deal. Not only did they beat a good team on the road but they won despite getting smashed in the midfield.

The big question mark over them was how their defence would hold up against a good forward line if their midfield got beaten, and they answered that question last night.

Fantasia, Georgiades & Duursma would be starters at 15 other clubs so they are getting improvement from all.
Rioli's been a terrific pickup so far.
Yeah nah. Fantasia is cooked, Duursma is one of the worst kicks in the league and Georgiades hasn't really done anything in the last 12 months. If I was Port I'd be shipping Duursma back to Vic, Georgiades is worth persisting with though.
As for Fantasia he'll be delisted at year's end then possibly rookied if no one else picks him up

Best case scenario is Port win the flag.

Kenny wears a tie a to GF and does the Mark Williams choke gesture before screaming out:

"Big Footy....... You were were wrong".

The most unrealistic thing about this is ken Hinkley wearing a tie.

I’m sold, they’re definitely in the top few. In hindsight those soft losses to the Pies and Crows in round 2 and 3 might have been the best thing that could have happened to them. Stung them into gear and they’ve looked a different side since

Remove this Banner Ad

Back