Autopsy Port Adelaide this Friday - Now post match discussion (for gluttons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Port Adelaide this Friday

What?!?

9th in the BnF isn't earning your spot??

Morton will play for Casey I think; returning from injury.

TPM - you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you are going by his finish in the BnF last year as an excuse to play him. As someone else mentioned that's not a great way of looking at things. The kid has a bright future but he also has a coach who is actually setting him with expectations. He'll be fine.

Irrelevant mate... Although its nice to win, it really means squat until the real stuff starts.

Hoping we play some sharp footy and have no injuries.

Might stroll across to AAMI and check it out... Howe becoming one of my favourites.

Very true. It's always nice to play well in the NAB Cup but history shows that, for alot of teams, it doesn't mean much at all.

Going with the same wishes as you - sharp footy and no injuries. :thumbsu:

TPM - you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you are going by his finish in the BnF last year as an excuse to play him. As someone else mentioned that's not a great way of looking at things. The kid has a bright future but he also has a coach who is actually setting him with expectations. He'll be fine.

Nice of you both to jump the gun but the quote I responded to was that Jack 'had never earnt his spot'... whereas I think he clearly earnt/validated his selection during the 2011 season, hence the top ten BnF finish.

Whether he has earnt his spot for this season is a different matter.

Very true. It's always nice to play well in the NAB Cup but history shows that, for alot of teams, it doesn't mean much at all.

Going with the same wishes as you - sharp footy and no injuries. :thumbsu:
Yet the good ones manage to win the Nab cup and the GF in the one year.
IMO To struggling clubs it is important to get wins in the cup.
Clubs like the MFC need to get members to buy memberships
Something they are not doing as much of in 2012.

The first half of season 2012 is a tough one for the Dees so we need to sign up as many members as we can before the WCE game as it gets tougher from then on.
We need a win tomorrow night especially as Port was second last in 2011
the people who have not signed will view a loss as "here we go again cannot even beat that very ordinary Port team" I will wait till 2013.
What people on here think about Nab Cup wins is not important.
It is what the wavering potential members think that is important.
they need confidence of a good season ahead.
A belting by Hawthorn and a loss to port is not a good way for the MFC to start 2012

....he clearly earnt/validated his selection during the 2011 season, hence the top ten BnF finish.

Whether he has earnt his spot for this season is a different matter.

Yep, Watts was easily in our best team last season, he's nowhere near the fringe player that the media portray.

Yep, Watts was easily in our best team last season, he's nowhere near the fringe player that the media portray.

But his past two performances in irrelevant practice matches have been slightly underwhelming. He should be at Buddy's level by this point!

But seriously, I really want this discussion to be put on hold till the actual season starts.

Not to mention that we didnt have Mitch Clark last year.

And lets be honest, our agenda has been altered this season. Its not about blooding kids anymore - our priority is winning.

I think Jack is worth playing if he's leading onto the wings, or floating through defense - but Im not certain hes best 22 if playing deep forward.. yet.

Damnit. The matchday information on the Melbourne website previously said that the Bentleigh club was showing it (which surprised me given there is no Foxtel feed) but that has been changed to say the game will not be shown on TV :( .

Damnit. The matchday information on the Melbourne website previously said that the Bentleigh club was showing it (which surprised me given there is no Foxtel feed) but that has been changed to say the game will not be shown on TV :( .

SEN it is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone concerned re: my previous post, PAFC are filming it.

Port have been interdependently filming every game we play and posting the full game online for our supporters.

Recently we have put one of our media guys on to commentate as well, and for a video by the club its pretty damn good. Guy has a great knowledge of both our team, as well as the opposition.

So if its not on Telly, we should be able to post something up for you on Saturday.

I'm definitely on the 'go out, have fun, and watch it tomorrow' bandwagon.

This has now become the Gameday thread and we'll also have after match discussion here.

(In the regular season we'll have seperate threads though).

Please note Chief's disclaimer about streams (added to the OP).

AAMI Stadium, Friday, March 16, 7.10pm ACST (although I think that should be ACDT)

5aa will give a live radio broadcast. http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/18551/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7896&tab=Radio Select 'Live Radio' then '5aa'

Also the MFC website will have live match discussion.
NAB Cup Melbourne vs Port Adelaide

Re: Port Adelaide this Friday - Now Game Day thread

One change that I read a few days ago James Sellar out, Troy davis in.

Really? That sucks. Davis is nowhere near it at the moment andSellar needs gametime....

Re: Port Adelaide this Friday - Now Game Day thread

Shame that Sellar is out as I think he's been very solid for us over the last few weeks and Troy Davis isn't up to it... yet. But then that's what the NAB Cup is for I guess.

Happy to put on record that this game worries me a bit. No idea why but I have this feeling we'll get smashed. Again, it's only the pre-season, but I want to see us finish up with some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back