Rumour Port Adelaide - Trengrove brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know anything more than what's been said. Just that while they are trying to regain focus after the Showdown events and move onto the China game, they get sidetracked again.
Would not surprise me in the least if he was an innocent victim of a pissed idiot, having witnessed this previously with both Port and Crows players targeted. Also witnessed it with other clubs players when I lived in Melbourne. Unfortunate fact of life that alcohol makes people ten feet tall and bulletproof. If he was attacked and retaliated, have no issue at all.

Your best players should come to Brisbane if they don't want to be recognized and hassled. AFL players are pretty safe here - no one will recognize them. Unless kebabs are involved.

So is this a time we believe Kane Cornes?

Let me know when he's back talking s**t nobody believes

I don't think he would go early on something like this half-cocked. He is not exactly a serious journalist, but the whole point of having someone like him is he is on the inside. Damian Barrett might be wrong a lot but it is a lot of opinion based stuff, not something as black and white as this. He played with almost everyone on the list and under ever senior coach/ administrator. The club might not be ready to release a perfectly crafted media release just yet given the seriousness of the matter, but I am sure someone has leaked something of note to Cornes.

Have the clubs learnt nothing, this story was pretty much broken by some twitt on FB, wouldn't you think the club would have made a statement Sunday to keep it under control

So its Port's fault that people (read Crows supporters) went batshit crazy over nothing. They obviously only got a copy of the footage today so why would they say anything until they had fully completed their investigation? Never change Marty. You're just pissed off you have nothing to whack Port with anymore.

So its Port's fault that people (read Crows supporters) went batshit crazy over nothing. They obviously only got a copy of the footage today so why would they say anything until they had fully completed their investigation? Never change Marty. You're just pissed off you have nothing to whack Port with anymore.

The club obviously knew about it but let it surface through social media don't worry you aren't the only club that has failed to come clean

I still think he should be suspended for spending the night in my backyard, we don't like his type in our suburb, surely he could go out for a beer at the Alberton hotel or maybe that classy place the Rosewater pub

The club obviously knew about it but let it surface through social media don't worry you aren't the only club that has failed to come clean

I still think he should be suspended for spending the night in my backyard, we don't like his type in our suburb, surely he could go out for a beer at the Alberton hotel or maybe that classy place the Rosewater pub

You're aware you sound like a massive toss right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you prefer the other type in your backyard, the wife bashers? Nice one Marty.
No wonder crers aren't involved in the Say No to Violence against Women campaign.
Wonder when the #crowards will come forward. Never seen your club accept responsibility for anything. You just want to be seen as the poor brave lovely boys. It's all a massive smokescreen aided by your Ambassadors in the media in SA. Pathetic cowardly bunch you lot are. Good on Jacko for trying to protect a woman.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2016-06-22/ptv-power-to-end-violence

Last edited:
So you prefer the other type in your backyard, the wife bashers? Nice one Marty.
No wonder crers aren't involved in the Say No to Violence against Women campaign.
Wonder when the #crowards will come forward. Never seen your club accept responsibility for anything. You just want to be seen as the poor brave lovely boys. It's all a massive smokescreen aided by your Ambassadors in the media in SA. Pathetic cowardly bunch you lot are. Good on Jacko for trying to protect a woman.

Hahaha I'm pretty sure you have a serious problem with conspiracy theories, the whole world is against Port, didn't you know we talk about it behind your back and the CEO of every major media outlet has it as an agenda item in every board meeting. You could be onto something!

I've said nothing about Jacko and what he did, because I don't know, I did however say I enjoy my suburb of Glenelg and made a joke about the Port boys keeping to their own, but funnily enough your own board makes jokes about Glenelg being vile, which we all know is quite hilarious if you've even been through Port Adelaide, but each to their own.
Don't worry I don't take it personally as we all know the truth its someonee trying to get under your skin, but unfortunately my skin is that thick it's an impossibility.

Sometimes I wonder if you are like myself and laugh at everything that is written and make a comment to amuse myself or you actually take this s**t to heart, and unfortunately with your conspiracy theories and the world is against us, I think it's the later

Hahaha I'm pretty sure you have a serious problem with conspiracy theories, the whole world is against Port, didn't you know we talk about it behind your back and the CEO of every major media outlet has it as an agenda item in every board meeting. You could be onto something!

I've said nothing about Jacko and what he did, because I don't know, I did however say I enjoy my suburb of Glenelg and made a joke about the Port boys keeping to their own, but funnily enough your own board makes jokes about Glenelg being vile, which we all know is quite hilarious if you've even been through Port Adelaide, but each to their own.
Don't worry I don't take it personally as we all know the truth its someonee trying to get under your skin, but unfortunately my skin is that thick it's an impossibility.

Sometimes I wonder if you are like myself and laugh at everything that is written and make a comment to amuse myself or you actually take this s**t to heart, and unfortunately with your conspiracy theories and the world is against us, I think it's the later
Your skin is only thick aided by the media. I saw Clarko crash and burn when he received a few bad comments about his team after years of everyone sucking up to him. Your lot will be the same if the media ever give fair coverage in this State. One can only assume your club are so petrified of any type of Port Adelaide success that you plant media bunnies everywhere just in case our #sideshow is a success. Keep trying. We have been here long long before you and we aren't going anywhere. As I said, your suburb can thank its lucky stars that Jacko with his impeccable character was there to look out for that woman.

Your skin is only thick aided by the media. I saw Clarko crash and burn when he received a few bad comments about his team after years of everyone sucking up to him. Your lot will be the same if the media ever give fair coverage in this State. One can only assume your club are so petrified of any type of Port Adelaide success that you plant media bunnies everywhere just in case our #sideshow is a success. Keep trying. We have been here long long before you and we aren't going anywhere. As I said, your suburb can thank its lucky stars that Jacko with his impeccable character was there to look out for that woman.

Hahaha those media CEO' s are so biased, wait I thought the media act the way they do for one thing and one thing only $$$$$$$$' they couldn't give a toss about anything else

You might try and work out what they act the way they do and keep in mind they are a money making venture first and foremost above everything else

You're delusional mate. Maybe 10 years ago the media coverage was imbalanced but not today. In fact I'd argue you guys get greater coverage than warranted seeing as you don't share equal support.

You have the Chief Football Advertiser for the "Crowvertiser" being flown business class to China all expenses paid writing glorified press releases on your China sideshow. Your media manager is a producer at "5 double crow" and now everyone's favorite 2 minute fireman can't keep his mug off the telly, and neither miss an opportunity to have a crack at us or pump up your boys.

Rowie got a massive telling off for being too pro-Crow so now he sucks up to your boys non-stop. Bickley to his credit keeps his mouth shut most of the time.

Only channel where we get a good run is triple M but they're our official radio partner. And haven't 5aa taken that well!

Say no to violence against women. Fabian Francis, Nick Stevens, Peter Burgoyne, Adam Heuskes.....ring a bell?

Say no to violence against women. Fabian Francis, Nick Stevens, Peter Burgoyne, Adam Heuskes.....ring a bell?

I have previously posted this information on the Port Adelaide board, following the Impey incident, when a visiting Adelaide supporter decided to mention the same four players. I normally stay out of main board threads, but here goes:

• Fabian Francis - Francis played with Port Adelaide between 1995 and 2001 in both the SANFL and AFL. Although we now know his incidents of domestic violence dated back to 1998, he was not charged until 2009, well after his time with the club. There was no way the club could have known about this violence, let alone taken action against him, during his time as a player.

• Peter Burgoyne - Accused of sexual assault, but no charges were proceeded with and no conviction was recorded. A civil lawsuit was later settled out of court. He was essentially found to be innocent, so what were the club expected to do?

• Adam Heuskes
- As above. He was also not a Port Adelaide player at the time of the alleged incident or subsequent civil lawsuit. Irrelevant.

• Nick Stevens - Stevens played with Port Adelaide between 1997 and 2003. The incident in which he was domestically violent took place in 2013, ten years after severing ties with the club, and he was convicted in 2015. Irrelevant.

Are there any other names you would like to bring up? Meanwhile, in your own backyard:

• Nathan Bock - Bock was an Adelaide player in 2009 when he was arrested for drunkenly assaulting his then-girlfriend. He admitted in court to slapping her, throwing beer in her face, ripping her handbag, and damaging both her bracelet and mobile phone. He was placed on a 12-month, $200.00 good behaviour bond by the court, while the club suspended him for one game and fined him $5,000.00. This is the same, highly-criticised punishment Impey received for damaging four stationary cars.

• Wayne Carey - In 1997, Carey pleaded guilty to indecent assault after grabbing a female passerby's breast. He then allegedly asked 'why don't you get a bigger pair of ****?' The matter was later settled out of court in a civil lawsuit. As we all know, Carey later arrived at the Crows thanks to another indecent incident involving a woman - his extramarital affair with the wife of North Melbourne teammate and Vice Captain Anthony Stevens.

In 2004, one month after retiring from football as an Adelaide player, he was arrested for misdemeanor battery in Las Vegas. This would be the first in a string of violent incidents over a number of years.

Although the aforementioned incidents resided outside of his time with your club - the same logic you employed when listing our players - it recruited him with full knowledge of his character and poor attitude towards women. That is something Port Adelaide cannot be accused of.

• Simon Goodwin (ft. Ben Hudson, Mark Ricciuto, Nathan Bock, Rhett Biglands, and Scott Welsh) - In 2005, Goodwin - who was recently crowned club champion - physically assaulted and threatened to kill an Advertiser photographer at a Waymouth Street hotel, which was co-owned by former Crow Wayne Carey. He, along with a group of senior teammates, had been drinking since morning and were behaving in what witnesses described as "an unruly manner".

What caused Goodwin to snap? The photographer had just captured some of his teammates - identified as Ben Hudson, Nathan Bock, and Rhett Biglands - wrestling on the street outside. He had done so legally from public property, and at no point entered the hotel or approached the group of players. Goodwin took exception, however, and threw the photographer against a wall. "If you run any photos, I'll f***ing kill you", he is quoted as saying. He then pressed his forearm to the photographer's throat and added, "You're f***ed if you run this".

Captain Mark Ricciuto, who was part of the group, told an accompanying female reporter that his club would no longer deal with The Advertiser if the incident was publicised. Riccuito became agitated, requiring Scott Welsh to step in and physically restrain him, while Biglands tried once more in vain to convince the reporter not to go public.

In a prepared statement, the club claimed its players had arrived at the hotel for Christmas celebrations around 10:30AM - despite being photographed drinking as early as 9:00AM - and that all had returned home by 5:00AM the following morning. Chief Executive Steven Trigg said the club would support Goodwin, but stressed it did not condone his behaviour, while coach Neil Craig said the incident would be "a learning experience" and the club could turn it "into a positive". He also added that the Crows' leadership group - which included Goodwin and Ricciuto - would "probably consider the matter in the new year".

Despite everything that had occurred, the club took no action against any of the players involved. From what little I found - and completely unsurprisingly - no action was taken by the leadership group either, given they were largely involved. Instead, it was agreed that Goodwin's public apology and personal phone call with the photographer were sufficient. The female reporter received no apology from Ricciuto for his aggression towards her.

This list does not include Adelaide players Ronnie Burns, Graham Johncock, Laurence Angwin, Tony Armstrong, Scott Thompson, Matthew Jaensch, and Daniel Talia, whose respective drunken or road-related incidents were covered in a previous post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back