News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day all we are is somewhat advanced chimps
“An orangutan has more similarities with Saturn than with a human being.” (Walker Percy, Lost in the Cosmos)

I’m not sure I got the quote exactly right, but that’s the sense. I love this quote.

“An orangutan has more similarities with Saturn than with a human being.” (Walker Percy, Lost in the Cosmos)

I’m not sure I got the quote exactly right, but that’s the sense. I love this quote.

IIRC Percy was huge on Catholicism which has a natural tendency to disagree with our links to primates for obvious reasons. I have a lot of respect for his work and I think he exemplified the teachings of the church in an extremely positive manner - but purely from a scientific perspective it just isn't true. Evolution has taken its due course and we humans obviously have differences, but the links are still extremely obvious surrounding a lot of facets of psychological wellbeing that we sometimes don't appreciate enough.

Also, I'm pretty sure most humans fling less faeces at loved ones. Maybe.

wow. I’m glad I live in Sydney.

This is complete rubbish. Trying to stop a development that will actually help the community.
"Lawyer Greg Griffin is representing residents fighting the redevelopment of Port Adelaide Football Club at Alberton."
(Greg Griffin is the lawyer that helped secure the injunction that prevented Port Adelaide from joining the AFL competition in 1990.)

I go the footy with a mate who lives on Colston Street. We were talking about this last night. He tells me that this group is a very small minority of local residents who are aggressively trying to badger others to join them. He knows a lot of locals and pretty much all of them support the development. He's deeply embarrassed that this group is carrying on like Unley residents.
He had a late night knock on the door last weekend by the dickhead with the 'our lives matter' sign on his house. Dickhead opened with - have you signed the petition to stop the development?
No
Why not?
I support what the club wants to do.
Dickhead storms off grumbling.
The next day another woman aggressively approaches him in his front yard with the same questions.

I go the footy with a mate who lives on Colston Street. We were talking about this last night. He tells me that this group is a very small minority of local residents who are aggressively trying to badger others to join them. He knows a lot of locals and pretty much all of them support the development. He's deeply embarrassed that this group is carrying on like Unley residents.
He had a late night knock on the door last weekend by the dickhead with the 'our lives matter' sign on his house. Dickhead opened with - have you signed the petition to stop the development?
No
Why not?
The next day another woman aggressively approaches him in his front yard with the same questions.
Tell him to have the hose ready next time.

After the convenience today of being able to drive over the curd and park right next to the lone pine... I for one am now in the “Save or car park” camp!

For the record, 4 low with the centre diff locked got me out of the bog!

No
Why not?

I have a neighbour like this, luckily she doesn't get lawyers involved (all talk and bluff), but during our renno every time a category 2 letter she was sent due to our application we ended up at the Unley Council DAP meeting..... surprisingly never lost to her.

Some people just have too much time on their hands, councils generally know who they are too.

I have a neighbour like this, luckily she doesn't get lawyers involved (all talk and bluff), but during our renno every time a category 2 letter she was sent due to our application we ended up at the Unley Council DAP meeting..... surprisingly never lost to her.

Some people just have too much time on their hands, councils generally know who they are too.
The funny thing about this situation is the NIMBYs live in the Charles Sturt council and the development is in Port Adelaide Enfield.

No
Why not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a late night knock on the door last weekend by the dickhead with the 'our lives matter' sign on his house.
"Our Lives Matter" - lol.

Imagine the outcry from these f*ckers if we were still trying to build the Aboriginal Centre of Excellence in the precinct.

These *****s have seriously co-opted a slogan about racist extra-judicial killings because they're upset about losing a few parking spaces?

Before I just thought they were an annoying sideshow, now I hope we build a new changeroom in every one of the ****er's front yards.

The note of people's property values going down by 20% seems like the biggest issue to them I reckon. It's about money.
So they'll save money on their council rates. ;)

They won't achieve the capital gain they were hoping for on a property they bought next to a sporting complex because it is next to a sporting complex?

Save our park.. a shitty patch of lawn with fk all on it that is right alongside a professional sporting club..

Literally 100 metres away on the very same street is a well maintained park, with tennis courts, basketball courts, a playground, trees and other shrubbery, plenty of space to kick the footy. Frizz the frisbee or walk their piss weak dogs..

But someone might park their car on the street...

So they'll save money on their council rates. ;)

They won't achieve the capital gain they were hoping for on a property they bought next to a sporting complex because it is next to a sporting complex?
Buys house across the road from Alberton Oval.

Thinks that their buyers will be people other than the most diehard Port Adelaide fans.

All they can achieve through this is to get approval for people outside the Pt Adel/Enfield council area (Charles Sturt) who live in close proximity to the oval to lodge objections, not just those within 60 metres.
The Club can then just say that they have heard all of the objections, and will refine the design (very marginally) to address those issues.
Council gives the go-ahead to proceed unanimously.

Doesn't mean a Court can bar a Council from approving a development if it does not contravene the zoning it already has it listed as.

Club then gets 10,000 residents within a couple of kilometre's radius of the ground to sign a petition stating that they are in favour of it going ahead.
Also gets a local real estate agent to sign a sworn affidavit that he states the redevelopment is actually a positive selling point that he can apply to his advertising, in order to leverage better prices for local house sales, rather than them being devalued (as is claimed!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back