News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

So we didn’t get what we originally wanted and we will have to pay the council substantially more rent than previously but at least we can move forward.
Now to get some more funding.
And fmd that big powerful club Collingwood paying peppercorn rent.
It explains why some clubs find it easier than others I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally what a relief it has been approved.

I never understood the argument about the dog park. I take my dog to the beach or dog park every day and if you really love your dog you'd never take them to that s**t excuse of a dog park.

You also have to think. Do you want to please and benifit a dozen dog owners (which you haven't as it is no where near the standard needed for a good dog park) or do you want to benifit 1000s in the local community, support a club with 150+ years of history and....... The list goes on for too long to be bothered typing.

Surely logic kicks in at some point in these Anti PA Karen heads!

So we didn’t get what we originally wanted and we will have to pay the council substantially more rent than previously but at least we can move forward.
Now to get some more funding.
And fmd that big powerful club Collingwood paying peppercorn rent.
It explains why some clubs find it easier than others I guess.
The club was always open to a discussion about that because of the complexity of building on 2 titles. As you posted later from today's Tsier article, the council has approved the development so that Port can organise financing and construction, and the rental arrangements will be worked out later as donation of Port's land at Alberton and its Ethelton base will be all put into the mix for future negotiations re rent payments.

Its a good outcome for now, as you didn't want hours of debate last night which probably would have ended up with a no vote due to the complexity.

I never knew we actually owned EP Nazar Reserve....

Whats the background to that?

Not only were we forced to move there, we had to buy it as well? Or did we already own it?
I don't know when and how we purchased it from the council, but over the last 20 odd years, we have spent around $1mil improvements on it (most before 2014). Some of that was paid by the Power as a legal entity and a lot by the Magpies as a different legal entity, before the November 2010 merger/legal reunification.

The club was always open to a discussion about that because of the complexity of building on 2 titles. As you posted later from today's Tsier article, the council has approved the development so that Port can organise financing and construction, and the rental arrangements will be worked out later as donation of Port's land at Alberton and its Ethelton base will be all put into the mix for future negotiations re rent payments.

Its a good outcome for now, as you didn't want hours of debate last night which probably would have ended up with a no vote due to the complexity.
Will we be operating the basketball stadium and soccer pitch or are they for the council to run? Nice little earner if we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back